Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,585

NXT: Stand and Deliver 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:52 pm

I noticed you guys don't make as many NXT PPV threads anymore so I'll make one

Night 1 -

1) Pete Dunne vs Kushida
2) MSK vs Grizzlied Young Veterans vs Legada Del Fantasma - Triple threat for vacant NXT Tag Team Championship
3) Leon Ruff vs Isaiah Swerve Scott vs Bronson Reed vs Cameron Grimes vs Dexter Lumis vs LA Knight - 6 man Gauntlet Eliminator match - winner receives NXT North American championship match on night 2
4) Walter (c) vs Tommaso Ciampa - NXT United Kingdom champinship
5) Io Shirai (c) vs Raquel Gonzalez - NXT Women's championship

Night 2 -

1) Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart (c) vs Candace LeRae and Indi Hartwell - NXT Women's Tag Team championship
2) Jordan Devlin vs Santos Escobar - NXT undisputed cruiserweight championship
3) Johnny Gargano vs Gauntlet Eliminator winner - NXT North American championshp
4) Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly - Unsanctioned match
5) Finn Balor (c) vs Karrion Kross - NXT championship
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: NXT: Stand and Deliver 

Post#2 » by improper » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:59 pm

Damn. Didn't realize this was tonight and tomorrow. Nothing going on tonight so I suppose I'll give it a watch.

I haven't really been following NXT (or any wrestling) lately, so some of the names are unfamiliar to me, but overall that looks like a hell of a card. Tonight alone has Kushida/Dunne, WALTER/Ciampa, and Io/Gonzalez. Plus the tag and gauntlet matches have the potential to be a lot of fun.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#3 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:09 am

Ciampa is one of the greatest of all time
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:23 am

Ciampa/Walter was incredible. Match of the year worthy
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:44 am

Meiko Satomura! I love Meiko Satomura!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:03 am

Very good title match
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#7 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:33 am

Walter should be one of the biggest stars and draws in WWE today. Everything he does is fantastic.

Incredible NXT run for him, but WWE needs to cash in.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:34 am

I like how NXT still sells that their heels are capable of winning big matches without cheating.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by improper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:14 am

Dominater wrote:I like how NXT still sells that their heels are capable of winning big matches without cheating.

You're highlighting one of my biggest complaints about WWE main roster booking. Any heel who is the type who has to cheat does it in EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. Nothing sells a guy like him never being able to win legitimately!
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:53 am

improper wrote:
Dominater wrote:I like how NXT still sells that their heels are capable of winning big matches without cheating.

You're highlighting one of my biggest complaints about WWE main roster booking. Any heel who is the type who has to cheat does it in EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. Nothing sells a guy like him never being able to win legitimately!

The worst was Jinder Mahal. Yea I know he went from pretty much jobber to champion which made him not taken as seriously , but the booking did him zero favors.

Pujami prison match taking the cake. What WWE was telling us was that their champion, had a 3 on 1 handicap match since the Singh brothers were in the whole time, and yet he STILL needed MORE help from the great Khali???

I would have booked it without the Singh brothers, have them go 1 on 1 the whole time, have the commentators comment on how he's actually going 1 on 1, and then do the khali spot at the very end. Making your champion look like he needs a 4 on 1 advantage to win is beyond idiotic.

Many many other examples with pretty much any heel in WWE history, but that example just stood out for its ridiculousness.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#11 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:47 am

Not really feeling it from Raquel Gonzalez, she's missing something
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#12 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:10 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Walter should be one of the biggest stars and draws in WWE today. Everything he does is fantastic.

Main roster will just ruin him though like they do everybody else

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#13 » by The_Brecht » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:03 am

Takeovers always deliver.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:06 pm

iMoreland wrote:Not really feeling it from Raquel Gonzalez, she's missing something

I agree that she's not there yet but I did think she was good.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:18 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Walter should be one of the biggest stars and draws in WWE today. Everything he does is fantastic.

Oh Walter's just a minor leaguer. :lol:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:23 pm

iMoreland wrote:Not really feeling it from Raquel Gonzalez, she's missing something

Well yeah, not everyone has "it". She's not charismatic or classically pretty, but she's an excellent performer.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#17 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:30 pm

Ruzious wrote:

After my post yesterday I did more looking into him.

Apparently he wants to live in Germany and does not want to be in the US full time. He is ok doing events here obviously, but he doesn’t want to be full time here.

Which I hope will change one day. It just sucks because he has a chance to be the best in the business. He is that good.

Edit- and this doesn’t change my previous remarks on him. If he doesn’t want to come here and do full time, his choice. Book him for big events but ones like Wrestlemania, not Stand and Deliver as good as NXT shows are. He needs to headline.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:18 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

After my post yesterday I did more looking into him.

Apparently he wants to live in Germany and does not want to be in the US full time. He is ok doing events here obviously, but he doesn’t want to be full time here.

Which I hope will change one day. It just sucks because he has a chance to be the best in the business. He is that good.

Edit- and this doesn’t change my previous remarks on him. If he doesn’t want to come here and do full time, his choice. Book him for big events but ones like Wrestlemania, not Stand and Deliver as good as NXT shows are. He needs to headline.

Agree - and just to be clear, my remark was in regard to the poster who insists that NXT is just a minor league for WWE to develop talent for Raw and Smackdown.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by improper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:Well yeah, not everyone has "it". She's not charismatic or classically pretty, but she's an excellent performer.

She can at least play a believable monster heel, something Nia can't do because she's overall terrible and Tamina fails at because she can't wrestle. I do think they should have rethought that interview with Samoa Joe where Raquel looked like she was just happy to be there. I get that this is a big moment for her, but stay in character when you're doing content for a WWE show.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:43 am

Finn Balor's wrestling style just does not connect with me

Return to Pro Wrestling