gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion 

Post#2 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:44 pm

Big questions.
Will Finn be in the rumble?
What NXT stars will show up?
Roddy? Breaker? Champa? Dunn? Tony D? Gunther? Melo? Grimes?
Do we see call ups or just NXT cross overs?
Io? Big mama cool? Dakota?
Will gargano make some kind of surprise entry and help Austin win?
Ronda?
Will Lashley get a clean win over leaner ?
Will leaner enter the rumble ?
Will Seth get the title and if he doesn't does he enter. ?
Forbidden door?
Matt cardona? Moose? Stroman?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:04 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Big questions.

Probably not, and if he is - he'll be quickly eliminated.
Walter should (his name change sounded so lame/contrived/boring - I'm not calling him Gunther). Breaker's the only other one I'd bet on, but maybe Dunn.
Just crossovers.
Io, Datoka, Kay Lee Ray, Gonzales
That's a good idea, but I think Gargano's done for a while.
Ronda?
Definitely.
No, but lol that your phone doesn't like Lesnar.
No.
No and Yes.
Forbidden door?
Just Mickie James.
Ok, go with Stroman.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Big questions.

Probably not, and if he is - he'll be quickly eliminated.
Walter should (his name change sounded so lame/contrived/boring - I'm not calling him Gunther). Breaker's the only other one I'd bet on, but maybe Dunn.
Just crossovers.
Io, Datoka, Kay Lee Ray, Gonzales
That's a good idea, but I think Gargano's done for a while.
Ronda?
Definitely.
No, but lol that your phone doesn't like Lesnar.
No.
No and Yes.
Forbidden door?
Just Mickie James.
Ok, go with Stroman.
I don't know why my phone hates Brock's last name lol . I hope they let lashey get a strong win.

I'm hoping they let Moose show up. I love moose. With the door more open I don't see why not.

I hope the old guard of NXT gets called up soon. They need them on main.

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#5 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:46 am

Who is gonna win the Womens Rumble? that is the big question to me I like that there seems to be no obvious
answer maybe Rousey if they can get her? I would go with Rhea Ripley but Vince doesn't seem to be high on her.

As for the Mens Rumble I'd do something radical and give it to a Bron Breaker, Austin Theory or Gunther the company
desperately needs to make new stars and they had success doing it with Bianca last year. Hopefully Roman costs Brock
the tittle so that frees up Lashley for a tittle match with one of them.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#6 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:28 am

With Johnny not showing up on AEW like everyone said. I wonder if he shows up and helps Austin win the rumble. I wonder if they could put an NXT 1.0 stable together on main.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#7 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:04 pm

I read yesterday that Johnny has been in contact with AEW but is deciding to take time off to help
with Candice LeRaes pregnancy. There is another guy Vince messed up on big time. I know he's not
a fan of short generic looking guys but all he has to do is look at Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles. They've
proven you can over come that by being extremely charismatic/good mic worker and being a great
worker.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#8 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Scott Hall wrote:I read yesterday that Johnny has been in contact with AEW but is deciding to take time off to help
with Candice LeRaes pregnancy. There is another guy Vince messed up on big time. I know he's not
a fan of short generic looking guys but all he has to do is look at Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles. They've
proven you can over come that by being extremely charismatic/good mic worker and being a great
worker.
I heard that. But I don't buy it. All of wrestling Twitter was positive be was gonna show up and nothing. I'm not sold that he's done done. Or we would have heard about it.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#9 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:I read yesterday that Johnny has been in contact with AEW but is deciding to take time off to help
worker.
I heard that. But I don't buy it. All of wrestling Twitter was positive be was gonna show up and nothing. I'm not sold that he's done done. Or we would have heard about it.

Done with WWE?
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#10 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
worker.

Done with WWE?
Yeah I just don't buy that he's 100% done with WWE. I feel like if he was. We would have heard it.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#11 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:48 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I heard that. But I don't buy it. All of wrestling Twitter was positive be was gonna show up and nothing. I'm not sold that he's done done. Or we would have heard about it.

Done with WWE?
Yeah I just don't buy that he's 100% done with WWE. I feel like if he was. We would have heard it.

I don't know he's been with the company for several years I feel like if Vince truly cared about him and valued
him he would be on the main roster by now. He seems like a HHH guy and not the type of wrestler Vince is
interested in. Vince has pretty much wiped out all the HHH guys even if there was a job still there for him he
would probably end up on Main Event like Ciampa. If I was Gargano I'd probably go to AEW where he would be
respected more and would probably be an upper card semi main event guy.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#12 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:45 am

Scott Hall wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Done with WWE?

I don't know he's been with the company for several years I feel like if Vince truly cared about him and valued
him he would be on the main roster by now. He seems like a HHH guy and not the type of wrestler Vince is
interested in. Vince has pretty much wiped out all the HHH guys even if there was a job still there for him he
would probably end up on Main Event like Ciampa. If I was Gargano I'd probably go to AEW where he would be
I'd love to have this talk in the AEW thread. But it's not gonna be greener for him over there. Like where does he fit maybe on rampage? Some faction on dark like he's not gonna win the tittle there. Way to many names a head of him and would he be in the TNT hunt I don't even know that . I get he's taking family time. But showing up in the rumble to help Austin would be so sweet and he could form the way again maybe even with chaimpa and lumis bring indie and parade up and put all the belts on them for a bit.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#13 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:52 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Yeah I just don't buy that he's 100% done with WWE. I feel like if he was. We would have heard it.

I'd love to have this talk in the AEW thread. But it's not gonna be greener for him over there. Like where does he fit maybe on rampage? Some faction on dark like he's not gonna win the tittle there. Way to many names a head of him and would he be in the TNT hunt I don't even know that . I get he's taking family time. But showing up in the rumble to help Austin would be so sweet and he could form the way again maybe even with chaimpa and lumis bring indie and parade up and put all the belts on them for a bit.

Yeah but if Vince doesn't like you or is interested in you then there is nothing you can do. His other options
are Impact or Japan.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Gargano's a guy who not everyone has the same opinion on. Jimmy Cornette is really down on him - says he doesn't have any facial expressions, is a poor interviewee, harps on him being short, and people don't care to watch him. I love listening to Cornette, but I think he's way off on Johnny. He's very popular with the NXT crowd, he's a consistently tremendous worker, and I enjoy his interview style. Sure, he's probably not a future Wrestlemania headliner, but that doesn't mean he can't be a very effective performer. I'd much rather have him on my roster than Austin Theory.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,453

Post#15 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:31 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
As for the Mens Rumble I'd do something radical and give it to a Bron Breaker, Austin Theory or Gunther the company
desperately needs to make new stars and they had success doing it with Bianca last year. Hopefully Roman costs Brock
the tittle so that frees up Lashley for a tittle match with one of them.

I have always been a huge Walter fan;
He is like the cactus of gimmicks, just let him do this thing and he will get over.

If he wins the Rumble I would be over the moon.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#16 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:19 am

I think giving it to Gunther is a great idea. Imperium is main ready. There is not way Vince doesn't look at them and see money. He loves his European heals and all those guys are legit.

I love Austin theory he's really good but unless you bring in Johnn or lumis to help him I don't think you let him win it yet.

Fin recently talked about turning heal, might be the time to do it in the rumble?

Way too soon for breaker. He's good in the ring so far and his promos arnt aweful but he's too raw and to cookie cutter yet he needs more reps on the mike and needs more practice.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#17 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:11 pm

I'm gonna call it now. They don't have a clear cut winner for the ladies rumble... I think they might let Micky win it. I mean if there is a bigger deal with impact than we know, it's possible. And she cut a promo on impact about doing tittle for tittle at mania. What's one thing we know Vince doesn't like, wrestlers hyping matches that they will never give them. So unless they just don't care or Micky didn't give enough ducks to ask, Vince might have approved that promo for a reason. Probably not but hey, I'm just tossing it out there Incase it happens.

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#18 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:11 am

Rollins coming out to Shield music, Shield entrance and Shield gear is cool!!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#19 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:37 am

Well yea that match was fantastic.

Ending was very WWE, but they obviously didn’t want Rollins to take a pin or submit.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#20 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:43 am

I'm actually happy with the women's rumble ending. Good call
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Pro Wrestling