ImageImage

Embiid?

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Bigpoppapomp82
Freshman
And1: 48

Embiid? 

Post#1 » by Bigpoppapomp82 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:33 am

Hypothetically if Embiid asked for a trade, what do you think it would take realistically?

I’m thinking Ant, Scoot, Nurk, & Shaedon possibly with All the picks we can send out.

Which is a lot but

Dame, Thybulle, Nas, Grant, Embiid
Keon, ????, Murray, Bari, ????

Is an interesting roster but is it a championship contender? The Dame & Joel P&R and P&P would be tough to stop but is there enough around them to be considered a top tier contender?
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,010

Re: Embiid? 

Post#2 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:30 pm

I think we need to just finally rebuild.

I am also really wary on the mental makeup of Joel. Guy has never understood the word 'accountability', is often injured, doesnt show up to the big games and coast alot.

Just more than ready for a true rebuild. Bottom out, get another 1-2 blue chippers and hope your in a OKC like position by 25/26.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,642

Post#3 » by JRoy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:22 pm

Wrong direction, better to rebuild after sending Lillard elsewhere.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#4 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:17 am

Nope, Dame has thrown Portland under the bus recently. I'm happy to move on.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,879

Post#5 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:49 am

If Dame hadn't made the trade request, yes.

But it's out of the bag now. It's not something you can put back in WHILE trading all your assets. And just in case any Philly fans come in, I truly believe Embiid is worth Scoot + Shaedon + multiple first round picks at this stage of their careers, no doubt. But I don't think Portland can trade every single one of their assets to pair Embiid with Dame because Dame has already shown he will do a trade request. So what's going to happen next summer if stuff goes south this year?

Dame made the call, his choice. I don't think we can rewind the clock on it.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,183

Post#6 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:05 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:If Dame hadn't made the trade request, yes.

But it's out of the bag now. It's not something you can put back in WHILE trading all your assets. And just in case any Philly fans come in, I truly believe Embiid is worth Scoot + Shaedon + multiple first round picks at this stage of their careers, no doubt. But I don't think Portland can trade every single one of their assets to pair Embiid with Dame because Dame has already shown he will do a trade request. So what's going to happen next summer if stuff goes south this year?

If Dame hadn't made his trade request then Embiid wanting out of Philly was the exact reason you don't settle trading Scoot or Shaedon for someone like OG and keep your powder dry. You keep those young players as trade bait for a true top end difference maker.

But I think its too late now. We would basically have to get a steal of a deal on Embiid to justify running it back with Dame after he has asked out and Philly is going to get a haul for Joel so I don't see it in the cards anymore.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,940

Post#7 » by Moonbeam » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:27 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:If Dame hadn't made the trade request, yes.

I am pretty much here as well. Part of me wants to roll the dice, even if it very likely won’t work, because I am pretty pessimistic about Portland’s future given the (IMO) bad coaching and management we have. If Portland trades Dame, I’d probably put the O/U on playoff appearances over the next 10 years around 1.5. Trading for Embiid, I’d probably put it more at 3 or 3.5.

Hopefully the young guys prove me wrong, and I agree that it would be very hard to bring Dame back into a cohesive team framework at this point. But I find it hard to think we aren’t in for several seasons of terrible basketball.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers