-Who knows? Depends on roster changes from a potential Dame trade
29%

Total votes: 7

DC_Melo
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,372

Blazers sign Moses Brown to partially guaranteed contract 

Post#1 » by DC_Melo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:02 pm

Blazers have signed 23 year old 7’2 Center Moses Brown to a partially guaranteed contract, per Blazersedge.

He’s set to make 250k initially, 500k if he makes the starting night roster, and I believe he becomes fully guaranteed if he is still on our roster after the trade deadline (could be wrong on the date, my memory of fuzzy on that).

I don’t really see a downside… it’s nice having a player thats tall enough he has to duck his head through doors. Who here thinks he makes the cut?
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Re: Blazers sign Moses Brown to partially guaranteed contract 

Post#2 » by m0ng0 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:18 pm

Umm...yeah...sure good on the Blazers. I wish they would make an offer to Reath, unless it's already done. But Moses should be a decent pickup
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#3 » by GEE » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:21 pm

m0ng0 wrote:Umm...yeah...sure good on the Blazers. I wish they would make an offer to Reath, unless it's already done. But Moses should be a decent pickup

:nod: I Agree. A nice pairing as our 3rd string PF/C. Get rid of the two stiffs from last year, like yesterday.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 317

Post#4 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:26 pm

GEE wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:Umm...yeah...sure good on the Blazers. I wish they would make an offer to Reath, unless it's already done. But Moses should be a decent pickup

:nod: I Agree.

Amen. And amen.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#5 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:52 pm

Death is like 27 so he won’t be any sort of long term guy but I guess if he can set a tone with hustle for the youngsters you roll with it
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 554

Post#6 » by Goldbum » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:12 pm

I agree Reath should get a camp invite at the minimum. I do think Brown has a ton more upside at his age. The problem is that upside is theoretical and if we're o lying giving him a one year deal we can't take advantage of that potential for growth. Like if Brown blows up it just means we won't be able to resign him without paying up. Would have been better if it was a 1+1 contract with a team option. I'm sure they didn't want to commit with the Dame trade hanging over our heads, but if you're signing a guy for only a season it doesn't matter if he's 23 or 33 your getting what he's got for one year either way. Probably better to get a stable vet than develop a guy for someone else.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,989

Post#7 » by JasonStern » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:27 pm

"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers