ImageImage

Dame requests a trade.

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,010

Re: Dame requests a trade. 

Post#1741 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:06 am

Also worth noting the history of Portland and free agents - namely, we are not players. So locking up a bunch of $$$ in OG and even Ayton isnt really that bad considering the rookie scales of our cornerstones.

Sharpe is cheap for 3 more years, Scoot for 4. While its not the ideal situation to have so much money tied up in Grant and OG (And even Ayton potentially) - there is argument that surrounding Scoot and Sharpe with young(ish) talent, and complimentary talent at that IMO, is a smart move to maximize their potential.

I still would want those farther off TOR FRP's ideally to have some lotto tickets.

(FWIW - think there is 0% chance for Barnes, not just b/c Masai loves him but TOR would be smart to not go into 2024 with Pascal and OG - very likely one is poached leaving Dame w/ a weak'ish team again)
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 137

Post#1742 » by ebott » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:10 am

Vampirate wrote:Simply put, both sides are stubborn and a deal might not get done.

There's a good chance Por keeps Dame till the trade deadline.

My hope is that mutual hate of the Miami Heat and different goals will get this deal done. Before Dame demanded a trade the Blazers and Raptors had basically the same goals of being a contender. Now Portland is rebuilding and we're willing to do a deal that makes Toronto better now.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#1743 » by m0ng0 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:58 am

Never forget Dame and his team created ALL OF THIS. If he is on our team he has a pinky injury and he will never play a game this season, no media day, street clothes on the bench, no participation in practice... NOTHING.
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#1744 » by Jsun947 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:23 am

I think we could easily flip Grant at the deadline to a contender for a good future first and bad salary…

And if we’re trading Dame to Toronto it’s likely to swing OG to another team for additional first rounders, not to keep him.

We should want to be at the bottom of the league for three years. There’s a decent chance at franchise level forwards in 25 & 26 in Flagg & Boozer. Clear up the cap for 2027, develop young guys, and get future draft assets by taking on contracts the next few years.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#1745 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:32 am

I don’t follow Dames IG anymore, but saw this on twitter:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ytu8_lCpASqsmEN-XvYq2g

If you don’t get it, don’t worry, I didn’t either until sifting through comments. Someone in his live chat asked him to adjust his beanie if he will be with the Heat before Oct 3 and he did. I think it’s safe to say whatever Dame is hearing is that a deal will be done before camp… and I for one welcome it. You teams GOAT demanding a trade: 2/10, do not recommend.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,884

Post#1746 » by Norm2953 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 am

It does appear a trade will go down this week for both Portland and whoever is trading
for him want this done by media day which is Monday.

I don't dislike the Heat but feel they only have themselves to blame, assuming they really
wanted Dame.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 17,012

Post#1747 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:15 pm

DusterBuster wrote:I don’t follow Dames IG anymore, but saw this on twitter:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ytu8_lCpASqsmEN-XvYq2g

If you don’t get it, don’t worry, I didn’t either until sifting through comments. Someone in his live chat asked him to adjust his beanie if he will be with the Heat before Oct 3 and he did. I think it’s safe to say whatever Dame is hearing is that a deal will be done before camp… and I for one welcome it. You teams GOAT demanding a trade: 2/10, do not recommend.

Its also fake, because his comment isn't moving, somebody put that over the video to make it seem that way.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 317

Post#1748 » by HoopsFanAZ » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:38 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Also worth noting the history of Portland and free agents - namely, we are not players. So locking up a bunch of $$$ in OG and even Ayton isnt really that bad considering the rookie scales of our cornerstones.
Sharpe is cheap for 3 more years, Scoot for 4. While its not the ideal situation to have so much money tied up in Grant and OG (And even Ayton potentially) - there is argument that surrounding Scoot and Sharpe with young(ish) talent, and complimentary talent at that IMO, is a smart move to maximize their potential.
I still would want those farther off TOR FRP's ideally to have some lotto tickets.

(FWIW - think there is 0% chance for Barnes, not just b/c Masai loves him but TOR would be smart to not go into 2024 with Pascal and OG - very likely one is poached leaving Dame w/ a weak'ish team again)

Agree with all. Would add (the obvious) that trading OG instead of Barnes requires less filler … helping Toronto depth in contending. IMHO, with their different skillsets, Barnes’ youth and versatility make him better for them to keep … which works for Blazers’ needs with OG.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,010

Post#1749 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:22 pm

HoopsFanAZ wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Also worth noting the history of Portland and free agents - namely, we are not players. So locking up a bunch of $$$ in OG and even Ayton isnt really that bad considering the rookie scales of our cornerstones.

Agree with all. Would add (the obvious) that trading OG instead of Barnes requires less filler … helping Toronto depth in contending. IMHO, with their different skillsets, Barnes’ youth and versatility make him better for them to keep … which works for Blazers’ needs with OG.

Contract is big for Barnes as well. He is cheap for another year after this. Going into an offseason where like 50% of teams will have max cap space w/ both Pascal and OG impending FA is far from ideal. Additionally, the market scarcity of prototypical sized forwards that can defend will make both in even higher demand. Its pretty likely one gets poached if they carry both into FA IMO.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,720

Post#1750 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:39 pm

How many of you are going to make Gradey Dick jokes should the trade with Toronto actually happen? :lol:
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#1751 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:41 pm

Vampirate wrote:How many of you are going to make Gradey Dick jokes should the trade with Toronto actually happen? :lol:

I was tired of them even during the draft. Not gonna lie, I hope he doesn't come here for that reason alone. :lol:
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#1752 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#1753 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:42 pm

This dame trade is better than other options I'd say. Let's see what we can flip jrue for
b33nine
Senior
And1: 92

Post#1754 » by b33nine » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Let's see if Miami wants to trade Lowry/JJJ/Jovic for Jrue :lol:
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#1755 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:04 pm

Simply put, that was UNEXPECTED.

At least Cronin can now confidently say he squeezed everything he could from the situation.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#1756 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:07 pm

“Before I even won here, I think I said I'm a Buck for life, and I mean that like deep in my heart. I don't want to play for any other team. I think we have a chance to continue to do great things as the Bucks team and organization, so I want to be in Milwaukee,” Jrue said in a talk with Jim Owczarski of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Just a few hours ago. Ouch..
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020

Return to Portland Trail Blazers