ImageImage

Roy on Rome is Burning

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Roy on Rome is Burning 

Post#1 » by AKBlazerFan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 pm

He should be on in a couple min, and i hate Rome, but i am going to watch it for the interview and ill post a summary.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#2 » by farzi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm

As much as I love the Blazers, all of the interviews seem to be the same canned answers we've heard since oden went out.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#3 » by AKBlazerFan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah, youre right. The last 10 ive seen have been the same....

- says they might be over acheiving @ 17-1 (no kidding)

- Its the same crap...No more Jailblazers, his injury is nothing serious. Their lockerroom is very clean...

- He became a go to guy on accident. Suppose to be a play for Randolph, but he drove and made a big basket, since then he has been the man.

- Roys game is slower, doesnt really "run" the ball up the court.

- Nothing surprising really. No interesting questions...
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#4 » by swede » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Roy is a really honest, good person.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
taufblazers33
Starter
And1: 650

Post#5 » by taufblazers33 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:57 pm

swede wrote:Roy is a really honest, good person.

just like Randolph, Ruben Patterson, and Rasheed Wallace :rofl:
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#6 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Ahh-crap.. .I missed it!!

I hope Jim Rome said "Man, Roy, score more & dont suck!!"

:wink:
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#7 » by SalemStoner » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:27 am

Mr Odd wrote:Ahh-crap.. .I missed it!!

I hope Jim Rome said "Man, Roy, score more & dont suck!!"

:wink:

Somehow I doubt that's what he said... I know Rome is generally an ass but I remember listening to his radio show like almost a year ago(ie towards the end of last season) and he was all up on Roy's nuts about how he's a good guy and a good player... it almost made me like Rome for a second... welll that and him repeatedly calling Jim Everitt(spelling?) of the Rams/Saints Chris(a reference to a female tennis player) to the point of him Everitt clocking Rome on his own nationally televised show... I mean there's not many moments on tv quite as funny as that moment was and that was pure Rome. He's a love/hate guy and mostly leans towards the hate...
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#8 » by mojomarc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 am

SalemStoner wrote:it almost made me like Rome for a second... welll that and him repeatedly calling Jim Everitt(spelling?) of the Rams/Saints Chris(a reference to a female tennis player) to the point of him Everitt clocking Rome on his own nationally televised show... I mean there's not many moments on tv quite as funny as that moment was and that was pure Rome. He's a love/hate guy and mostly leans towards the hate...

For those who don't know what SS is talking about, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c

One of the all time great moments in sports television if you ask me.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#9 » by Spykes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:42 am

mojomarc wrote:For those who don't know what SS is talking about, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c

One of the all time great moments in sports television if you ask me.

Still hilarious after all these years.

As for the answers sounding "canned", that has more to do with the interviewers and the interviewees. You can only answer the same question so many ways, especially when it's a easy generic question like "How are you guys playing so well?".
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#10 » by UGotThrilled » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:43 am

ROFL :rofl: That is such a funny Jim Everett interview.

I guess some people saw that interview for the first time, but for people like us, who watch a lot of blazers stuff, it is a little anti-climactic to see the same questions asked over and over again. But whatever, I am glad we are finally getting some recognition.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers