ImageImage

**** The REFS!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#21 » by SalemStoner » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:42 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because portland would not has shot a 3 to counter.

On the flip side, how exactly does that make a good argument? What happens if they blow that same 2pter that's counted as a 3 and portland misses their 3 then sees that?

That said, I believe the issue with THAT problem is less on the refs and more on the Raptor's scoring table to make sure that's a 3; especially considering the score and the fact it was nearly finished with OT.

That said the refs were consistently f*cking horrendous the whole game. I don't just mean bad, but I mean shamefully bad. The NBA needs to take a look at this game and see about doing something about the refs in the game. I usually hate to harp on the refs, but this game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen.
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#22 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm

TBpup wrote:
Bustabucket wrote:
how does calling a 2 point shot a 3 not directly impact the score.

Because portland would not has shot a 3 to counter.

One is congecture, one is incorrect...easy to figure out which.

Please Blazer fans...DO NOT WHINE ABOUT THE REFS!!!! (It makes us look like you-know-who) Yes, they blew the Calderon '3' and there were some other subjective calls that were dubious but it was not the refs that kept Joel on the bench the last 20 minutes of the game while the Raports attacked the basket over and over. :banghead:

The refs were terrible but it went both ways at times. The fouls in the 4th quarter and 2 OT were 11-3 in favor of the Raps....Toronto fans shouldn't complain either.

The Blazers played terrible for most of the game and were fortunate to be as close as they were. It took miracle '3's by Jack, Travis and Roy to keep it close. No one besides Roy and Outlaw late even showed up. This was not on the refs....

:starwars

Yup exactly, well said.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#23 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Voodoo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yup exactly, well said.

Indeed.

I'm guessing it was Spykes who locked this (I didn't see it until just a second ago), but this is an example of a thread that never should have been started in the first place. If you guys want to complain about refereeing, please contain it within the appropriate game thread in the future.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers