ImageImage

Portland Trailblazers (20-13) vs. Utah Jazz (18-16)

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#141 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:27 am

:roll:

Do we really want to start this with the Jazz board? Really?
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#142 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:30 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote::roll:

Do we really want to start this with the Jazz board? Really?

No, we don't. As one of their mods said:

Seriously, guys, we lost...again. And we're all frustrated. But please try and conduct yourselves with a little dignity.

I would suggest that we conduct ourselves with a lot of dignity, not just a little. There is absolutely no need stoke the fires on fans that are already worked up over what they consider a disappointng loss.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#143 » by BlackMamba » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:35 am

wow, just wow.

i'm watching the box score, and the first thing i wanted to see was roy and aldridge stats, to my surprise roy only played 9 mins, and still the blazers won the game.

what does that tell you? that this team is for real (i'll never get tired of saying it). and this is a 15 man team, not 1 or 2 players.

and is the one to give credit to? yes, nate mcmillan.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#144 » by Milkdud » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:38 am

IMO you give this one to everyone

Give it to Roy: For trying to play
Give it to LA: For keeping us in it in the 1st half
Give it to Web: For the 3rd good lord
Give it to the Bigs: For getting rebounds we didnt get in the last Jazz game
Give it to Sergo: For playing big in the late 4th
Give it to the Fans: Rose garden was rockin.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#145 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:53 am

why'd you lock the thread? we own utah..plan and freaking simple. it's on our board, not theirs.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#146 » by J~Rush » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:37 am

DmoneyH3 wrote:why'd you lock the thread? we own utah..plan and freaking simple. it's on our board, not theirs.

How do we own a team that beat us a week ago? :crazy:
e
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect

Post#147 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:41 am

umm 3-1 in a span of 25 days..we beat them without LA once and without Roy once. We owned them in the 91 and 92 palyoffs and in the 99 and 00 playoffs. I like how this board gets traffic, but damn they are HUGE rivals (at least to me)..a little smack talk isn't gonna hurt anybody.
blazersbucs40
Rookie
And1: 43

Post#148 » by blazersbucs40 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:45 am

This is a great win espically after I went to the game in Utah last week... they sure talked a lot for being behind us.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#149 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:46 am

So I just got back from the game, and damn is my voice gone or what :D

I gotta say, at half time, the people around me were pretty down. Only scoring 39 points was kinda depressing. The highlight of the first half was heckling Rebecca Haarlow as she interviewed a group of guys from my row.

Webster's play in the 3rd quarter got the rose garden to a state of frenzied enthusiasm that I haven't witnessed since 2000 in game 5 against the Lakers.

I didn't end up bringing a sign to the game this time, but I did try to get an MVP chant going for Martell as he shot FT's after the jazz timeout, and a MC-ROB-ERTS chant going with about 5 minutes left, but it didn't get too much past section 310.

GREAT win, especially without Roy. I've got tickets to the Warriors game, but funds have left me ticketless for the rest of the season. Hoping to get to some more games later on.

Gonna go check out the Jazz game thread and see their reaction. Rest assured, im 94.7% sure I won't post...but there's always that 5.3%...
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
toz178
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#150 » by toz178 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:04 am

biggest martell webster fan right here
farzi
RealGM

Post#151 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:05 am

I'm sorry, that 5.3% chance ended up coming true and I trolled them. However, to be fair, it was really really ridiculously fun.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach

Post#152 » by SabasRevenge! » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:25 am

Seriously... if you're not going to these games you've got to make the trip. The Rose Garden is absolutely off the meat hook. When Martell went off tonight the place was insane! If he finished that dunk from the middle of the key or hit that last three I'm convinced we would have seen heads exploding.
pr0nny
Senior

Post#153 » by pr0nny » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:32 am

I'm so glad they Rose Garden is alive again

We do have great fans, when they show up.
critical_beatdown
Starter

Post#154 » by critical_beatdown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:41 am

Who was covering Boozer tonight? He had a terrible game. Aldridge is not a good defender, so was this a fluke, or was Joel on Booz when he was in the game, and Aldridge on Okur?

I''ll be pretty surprised if I hear that Aldridge shut down Carlos.
...as I enter your mind, decorate, and paint my sign...
farzi
RealGM

Post#155 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:50 am

Priz covered boozer and Aldridge was on Okur.

It just makes more sense. Joel is way more physical than LMA, and Aldridge is faster so he's able to be out on the wing covering another jump shooting big man. Great adjustment by nate. I also thought Martell played great D on Korver tonight. That gets forgotten due to his offensive play in the 3rd, but Korver really didn't do a whole lot other than hit that long 2 early on.
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#156 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:55 am

critical_beatdown wrote:Who was covering Boozer tonight? He had a terrible game. Aldridge is not a good defender, so was this a fluke, or was Joel on Booz when he was in the game, and Aldridge on Okur?

I''ll be pretty surprised if I hear that Aldridge shut down Carlos.

Since when is Aldridge not a good defender?
farzi
RealGM

Post#157 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:59 am

541Blaza wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Since when is Aldridge not a good defender?

He's a mediocre defender and a good shot blocker. He deffinetly has room to improve in that facet of his game.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#158 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:17 am

DmoneyH3 wrote:why'd you lock the thread? we own utah..plan and freaking simple. it's on our board, not theirs.

No, it's RealGM's board, and as I said when I locked it there is no useful purpose with that thread. It is simply inflammatory, plain and simple.

Here's two rules of thumb for you that will keep you out of trouble on this board, Dmoney: 1) don't post anything on this board that you wouldn't post on another board here just because "it's our board." If it would be considered trolling on another board, it's most likely trolling on this board here, especially if the intent is simply to talk smack about another team and their fans. We absolutely positively do not need individual threads that are nothing but troll magnets; and 2) don't question moderator decisions either in the same thread or different threads, as that is a suspendable offense. If you have a question about a mod's decision, you use the private messages to get your clarification.

Got it?
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#159 » by Pattycakes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:39 am

Dmon, its easy to stay in check here just be careful not to provoke crap with others and its all good.
kinch
Starter

Post#160 » by kinch » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:48 am

mojomarc wrote:
2) don't question moderator decisions either in the same thread or different threads, as that is a suspendable offense. If you have a question about a mod's decision, you use the private messages to get your clarification.

Got it?

No. Why is that a "suspendable offense"? It seems like a perfectly sensible thing to do, in some way or another. Why should your opinion be any different now than when you were just mojomarc, regular commenter. Sure you can fidget with the what-not, but it seems like we're all (near) adults and can be respected enough to properly air our grievances. The posters far outweigh the mods on the these boards, and since the boards (I assume) are dependent on page-views I'd think that regular posters might be given a little more courtesy.
[quote][/quote]

Return to Portland Trail Blazers