Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

541Blaza
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#141 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Yadadimean wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

everybody except the officials apparently

Maybe we should "challenge" the game :roll: :nonono:

This is the most bull loss of the year. I mean, yes Bosh played awesome...but come on, he was getting lay-ins.
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#142 » by Ripcity4life » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Ok some of you are blaming the refs and they may have missed a call or 2 but this loss to me is on Nate. Also Everyone but Roy and Outlaw and maybe Frye since everyone else decided to mail it in for 3 3/4 Quarters.

Also the Calderon 3 it was close and could have gone either way so stop whining about it.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,105

Post#143 » by Schad » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Probably the most entertaining Raptors game of the season to date. Thank god you guys aren't in line for another high lottery pick...
**** your asterisk.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#144 » by Yadadimean » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm

doogul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think it really had an effect on the game. If it was scored as a 2, we wouldn't have been looking for a 3 to tie it, and who knows what would have happened. The reffing had absolutely nothing to do with why we lost...

We'll never know, will we? All we'll know is that they had an extra point in OT that they shouldnt have had, which highly impacted the shot selection. Youre absolutely right, we wouldnt have been looking for a 3, but its not certain that one wouldnt have been taken or that someone wouldnt have had an and 1 or that we wouldnt have tied it with a two and got a steal and won that way. I dont mean to take anything away from toronto, they played a very good game, but I hate losing on some garbage like that.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 551

Post#145 » by Goldbum » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm

I have got to say I Love me some Frye
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#146 » by swede » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

His foot was on the line.. then Roy makes a miracle 3 that shoulda won it.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#147 » by Charlie78 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

I agree somewhat with the joel sentiment. But the fact that we were switching on the pick and roll would have put him on calderon at the perimeter. Or else he would have to be guarding one of the sfs as they were playing bosh at center. So we would have had to fight through screens on the pick and roll thus giving a hot calderon wide open shots, or had joel guard a sf to give us help defense and him more than likely getting torched. So I see what nate was doing. The bigger problem we had was not having really anyone who could consistantly score outside of Roy. Honestly I would have liked to see Frye in there instead of aldridge because him and brandon could have kept up their two man game.

The refs were atrocious down the stretch. I know it wouldnt have mattered probably but bosh clearly tried to foul webster at the end. The foot on the line thing sucks to, that seems to happen to us all the time.
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#148 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm

bakafool wrote:Damn, I almost had a heart attack. Good game guys. Despite the BS calls and no calls, the Raps were able to gut it out. Let me just say that your team is freakin annoying ... and I mean that in a good way. You buggers are tough to put away. I shudder at the thought of having a healthy Oden in your squad next season. You guys are gonna be the scariest team in the playoffs.

Raps deserve this game for sure, they didn't ever give up lose their composure even when the Blazers prayers were being answered every time. Best game I have watched in years and years even though the Blazers didn't win it was still amazing to watch. Good game guys and good luck the rest of the year :).
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#149 » by Yadadimean » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Lambda wrote:can we have roy for bargs?

only if you take aldridge and oden off our hands too!
DonkeyPunch
Junior
And1: 56

Post#150 » by DonkeyPunch » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Lol at the raps passin up roy...instead we have bargs while you guys are going to win 3 or 4 championships in the next 10 years. Damn you all to hell.
Voodoo
Sixth Man

Post#152 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Charlie78 wrote:I agree somewhat with the joel sentiment. But the fact that we were switching on the pick and roll would have put him on calderon at the perimeter. Or else he would have to be guarding one of the sfs as they were playing bosh at center. So we would have had to fight through screens on the pick and roll thus giving a hot calderon wide open shots, or had joel guard a sf to give us help defense and him more than likely getting torched. So I see what nate was doing. The bigger problem we had was not having really anyone who could consistantly score outside of Roy. Honestly I would have liked to see Frye in there instead of aldridge because him and brandon could have kept up their two man game.

The refs were atrocious down the stretch. I know it wouldnt have mattered probably but bosh clearly tried to foul webster at the end. The foot on the line thing sucks to, that seems to happen to us all the time.

Yeah I agree with ya Charlie, the refs were terrible but Nate shoulda put someone in there that coulda helped Roy out. Jones, Jack, Webster, and LaMarcus couldn't make a shot to save their life tonight, shoulda had anyone else in imo.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#153 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:55 pm

The refs missed a call, sure, but come on guys. Every loss we have can't be because of cruddy refereeing. Think of it this way--if Aldridge hadn't bee 3-13 in the first three quarters, most of the misses being off open shots, the game wouldn't have been close regardless of the one missed call on that three.

We have to face it--this was a game we lost because we just didn't play well enough as a team to win it.
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#154 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:55 pm

congrats guys, u are a crazy team , very bright future,u need 2 be proud of your team
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#155 » by doogul » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Yadadimean wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We'll never know, will we? All we'll know is that they had an extra point in OT that they shouldnt have had, which highly impacted the shot selection. Youre absolutely right, we wouldnt have been looking for a 3, but its not certain that one wouldnt have been taken or that someone wouldnt have had an and 1 or that we wouldnt have tied it with a two and got a steal and won that way. I dont mean to take anything away from toronto, they played a very good game, but I hate losing on some garbage like that.

Hey, I hear ya. We'll never know what might have happened... but either way, the Raps deserved the win in my opinion, they were getting to the rim at will. If we could have gotten a single freakin' stop in either of the overtimes, things would have been different. The raps killed us inside at the end of the game.
Wonka_INC
Junior

Post#156 » by Wonka_INC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Mad love for the Blazers.. Roy just amazed me!
A force to be reckoned with in the future for sure.. the blazers are playing great.
masterpiece by none other than LyNx
Kid Canada
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#157 » by Kid Canada » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

great game I love Roy he is like a durable Wade. The refs were pretty bad.
Voodoo
Sixth Man

Post#158 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

mojomarc wrote:The refs missed a call, sure, but come on guys. Every loss we have can't be because of cruddy refereeing. Think of it this way--if Aldridge hadn't bee 3-13 in the first three quarters, most of the misses being off open shots, the game wouldn't have been close regardless of the one missed call on that three.

We have to face it--this was a game we lost because we just didn't play well enough as a team to win it.

Yup exactly.
Voodoo
Sixth Man

Post#159 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm

doogul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey, I hear ya. We'll never know what might have happened... but either way, the Raps deserved the win in my opinion, they were getting to the rim at will. If we could have gotten a single freakin' stop in either of the overtimes, things would have been different. The raps killed us inside at the end of the game.

Yeah thats definitely true, Bosh posturized LMA all day. God Bosh is damn good, I really think people over value LMA on these boards he was getting killed today, multiple 'stops' he made on Bosh were questionable imo because every time it looked like he had fouled him.
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#160 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Can't wait for Oden to stick it to Bosh!! :D

Tough tough loss. I really hope the players respond to this with determination tomorrow.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers