ImageImage

Portland Trailblazers (20-13) vs. Utah Jazz (18-16)

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#161 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:54 am

I wanted to kill Jarett Jack at halftime
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#162 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:37 pm

kinch wrote:No. Why is that a "suspendable offense"? It seems like a perfectly sensible thing to do, in some way or another. Why should your opinion be any different now than when you were just mojomarc, regular commenter. Sure you can fidget with the what-not, but it seems like we're all (near) adults and can be respected enough to properly air our grievances. The posters far outweigh the mods on the these boards, and since the boards (I assume) are dependent on page-views I'd think that regular posters might be given a little more courtesy.

The proper way to air a grievance is through PM. If you got a question of why a mob made a move they did, take it up with them via the PM system. That's basically what it's there for.

There's no need to "air our dirty laundry in public", as the saying goes.

And for the record, mojo was correct to lock that thread. Threads that'll openly bait Utah fans - a lot of whom are the arguably the most unhinged/angry/combative fans on RealGM this side of Colorado - is never a good idea.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#163 » by d-train » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:09 pm

kinch wrote: Sure you can fidget with the what-not, but it seems like we're all (near) adults and can be respected enough to properly air our grievances.

What exactly is an adult? I don't disagree with your larger point but I always wonder why it is assumed adults behave better than children do.
pr0nny
Senior
And1: 0

Post#164 » by pr0nny » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:13 pm

Everyone look at the Jazz-board game thread and see the gem I uncovered.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,336

Post#165 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:20 pm

pr0nny wrote:Everyone look at the Jazz-board game thread and see the gem I uncovered.

I read that thread and what I saw was a few Jazz fans reacting emotionally, and rather ballistically, to a tough loss...

I also saw some blazer fans there trolling, baiting, and talking trash. Not necessary, IMO

what goes around, comes around
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#166 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:51 pm

Spykes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The proper way to air a grievance is through PM. If you got a question of why a mob made a move they did, take it up with them via the PM system. That's basically what it's there for.

And for the record, mojo was correct to lock that thread. Threads that'll openly bait Utah fans - a lot of whom are the arguably the most unhinged/angry/combative fans on RealGM this side of Colorado - is never a good idea.

Thanks for responding for me, Spykes, and you nailed most of the points. The only thing I'd add is that (and I think I can speak for Billy, DVM and Spykes when I say this) us mods would much rather spend all of our time doing normal posts. Locking threads and editing them and otherwise policing the forums isn't a ton of fun, but we do it because we want to keep the Blazers forum the best forum around for discussing all things related to our collective Blazermania.

In general, all you guys make our jobs pretty easy. I said it when I interviewed for the mod job, and I'll continue to say it--the Blazers forum is filled with the best fans on RealGM because they tend to keep things more on topic, more constructive, and more light-hearted than threads on other boards, and in general we do a good job of making other teams' fans comfortable posting here, so we tend to get great exchanges with them that I think are some of the best threads we ever have here. The reason I point this out is not to give you guys a pat on the back (well, that too :D), but kind of as a reminder that when the mods have to make moderation decisions, it is because we want to keep this forum a great place for fans of all teams to come and have friendly and intelligent exchanges with us.

I hope that makes sense for you guys.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#167 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:55 pm

mojomarc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, it's RealGM's board, and as I said when I locked it there is no useful purpose with that thread. It is simply inflammatory, plain and simple.

Here's two rules of thumb for you that will keep you out of trouble on this board, Dmoney: 1) don't post anything on this board that you wouldn't post on another board here just because "it's our board." If it would be considered trolling on another board, it's most likely trolling on this board here, especially if the intent is simply to talk smack about another team and their fans. We absolutely positively do not need individual threads that are nothing but troll magnets; and 2) don't question moderator decisions either in the same thread or different threads, as that is a suspendable offense. If you have a question about a mod's decision, you use the private messages to get your clarification.

Got it?

geeze, this board gives you as much freedom as a 3rd grader..I like basketballboards.net much better ..not trying to start anything, but some of you guys are sooo touchy....relax and enjoy the W! 8)
Yangsing
Assistant Coach

Post#168 » by Yangsing » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:56 pm

Although I don't like to see Portland fans rubbing it in on the Jazz board, it was hilarious to see some Jazz posters going ballistic yesterday.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect

Post#169 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:00 pm

Spykes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The thing is..it was not a grievance, for pete's freaking sake, this is the INTERNET! I could care less is my thread was locked, I just wanted a reason why. Good Lord, my thread was nothing compared to threads I see on Educk or beaverfootball...if you can't take the heat....
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:03 pm

DmoneyH3 wrote:The thing is..it was not a grievance, for pete's freaking sake, this is the INTERNET! I could care less is my thread was locked, I just wanted a reason why. Good Lord, my thread was nothing compared to threads I see on Educk or beaverfootball...if you can't take the heat....

Not every internet forum has the same set of rules. This is just how the rules work here at RealGM.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,880

Post#171 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:12 pm

The proper way to air a grievance is through PM. If you got a question of why a mob made a move they did, take it up with them via the PM system.

Never take up questions on moves the mob may make, they'll only settle it with guns people.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: . 

Post#172 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:16 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
The proper way to air a grievance is through PM. If you got a question of why a mob made a move they did, take it up with them via the PM system.

Never take up questions on moves the mob may make, they'll only settle it with guns people.

LOL. :rofl: :rofl:
farzi
RealGM

Post#173 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:23 pm

I posted this in the Utah thread last night. While I myself found it amusing, and it got leaked to Olive for some laughs, did I go too far? I feel kinda bad about stirring it up even more, but it was really really rediculously fun to type up.

Farzi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I told myself I wouldn't troll this thread on my way home from the game. I had every intention of not egging on your fans.

However.

The way you (not all of you, a select few who I won't call out, but should know who they are) have conducted yourselves here tonight is shameful. I didn't believe it when I was told that your fan base was one of the most egotistical, annoying, and overly dramatic in the league. I would expect it from LA or NY, but Utah? REALLY? Come on.

We didn't have our number 1 guy this game. We didn't have our number 2 guy the first time we beat you. Call us a bunch of nobodies if you will, it only insults your teams struggles even more. Say that we'll come crashing back down to earth. It might help you sleep better at night. Know that we've beaten mostly playoff teams in our 16 wins over the last 17 games. Take solace that you ended our streak. Talk down Martell Webster despite the fact that we took him over your beloved DWil. Just do whatever it is you need to do, but please, for the love of God, stop making bigger asses out of yourselves.

To the classy fans out there, good night, and good luck with the rest of the season, you guys are still a scary team.

To the non classy fans, enjoy 3rd place in the NW for the forseeable future.
Yangsing
Assistant Coach

Post#174 » by Yangsing » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:11 pm

Maybe a tad overboard.

edit: wouldn't hurt just to say GG and GL. Let the morons just keep making a fools out of themselves.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect

Post#175 » by DmoneyH3 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:20 pm

I just don't see that as overboard...it's good natured rubbing..he didn't insult or use foul language or degrade anyone. It was pretty much all factual too..just put bluntly.
farzi
RealGM

Post#176 » by farzi » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:30 pm

Yangsing wrote:Maybe a tad overboard.

edit: wouldn't hurt just to say GG and GL. Let the morons just keep making a fools out of themselves.

To be fair, I DID say that to the classy fans at the bottom.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,088

Post#177 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:31 am

I just don't see a reason to go to the other boards and even post anything that could raise a stink. I use to, but it really solves nothing. The Blazers won, the Utah fans are unhappy, what more needs to be said? If they want to whine, make excuses, or congratulate the Blazers, have at it. Who cares, we got the win!!! I'd congratulate them on a good game, but we really couldn't do that last night with the way the Jazz played. I read the thread on the Utah board, but I chose not to post anything.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#178 » by Charlie78 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:43 pm

I agree with Voice. I read the thread over there to, and beleive me I thought about saying something. But it doesnt serve any purpose other than in their minds making you intoa troll. I gotta say situations reversed I would be pissed if someone came in and started talking that noise in here.

Farzi I like you and think you are a good guy, and I am enjoying the fact that the board is popping with new posters and guys who I am sure have read the forum for along time and are just now starting to post. But I think you guys are a little overboard here. My rules for myself are never post in a opposing team game thread for 24 hrs after the game. Let them cool down a little if you have some things to comment on. The problem is that sports fans are rarely rationale and expecting for someone to be so in the heat of a game is ignoring reality.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#179 » by Mr Odd » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:09 pm

Haha, Im watching the game again.. .

It reminded me of a point I forgot to make.
LMA was great the 1st half, then he kind of
lurked in the shadows the 2nd half. Hmm.. .

Ok, I guess it wasnt so much of a point then a mental note.
:wink:
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#180 » by Mr Odd » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:41 pm

Ok after watching more closely, LMA
did a ton of little things in the 2nd half
that made up for not scoring much.. .

Plus Webster in the 3rd & Outlaw in the 4th
were just in the zone, so LMA did good.. .

I'll just shut up now. :banghead:
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers