ImageImage

Portland Trailblazers 22-13 VS. Toronto Raptors 19-17

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#161 » by Snayr » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

An amazing game to watch!! One of the best I have seen in a long time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brandon Roy is a ridiculous player, and is one of the players I love to hate when they play vs. the Raptors, out of respect for his talent. Best of luck to you guys, you have a VERY bright future ahead.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#162 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

I agree that the officials didn't win it for the Raps...Toronto made the plays they had to make.

Portland just didn't quite do all they needed to do. And that includes hitting a ton of open shots.

I will say I got awfully tired of portland switching on every damn screen and pick on the defensive end...I think that was a bad strategy against Toronto in particular
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#163 » by Ripcity4life » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:01 pm

ROFL ..... STOP WHINING ABOUT THE REFS

There were plenty of other stuff that was to blame before the Refs even come up.

1) Nate's Coaching
2) Fact that only Roy and Outlaw Decided to show up.
3) Aldridge -- Did he even play ?? ( I know he did but you would not have known it)
4) No Blake and even though Jack made a couple tough shots and passes overall he is a SG in a PG's Body.
5) Ok now maybe the Refs
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#164 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Good game....refs were terrible on both sides, what about Frye jumping up and down in front of that referee who must have been drinking last night... and Bosh grabbing Webster...

Does Roy always play like this or is it only against us??
541Blaza
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#165 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:02 pm

LaMarcus needs to get stronger next off season. I know he's bigger than last year but it's not enough. Bosh was pushing him around.. and Bosh isn't exactly a "Karl Malone". Roy, Frye, and Travis... great game fellas, you three deserved the win.
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#166 » by Bustabucket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:02 pm

the only time the blazers didnt have an answer for toronto was in the second OT, which shouldnt have been played, since portland would have won the game if calderons "3" was correctly scored as a 2.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#167 » by ImissJordan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:06 pm

Man, that was easily the most entertaining game I've seen this year. I was skeptical of Portland prior to this game (despite their success), but came away extremely impressed. I am really, really starting to wish we had taken Roy first overall.

And no offense guys, but none of you should be complaining about the refereeing today. I simply can't count the number of times the refs f*cked over Toronto today.
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#168 » by doogul » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Warya wrote:Good game....refs were terrible on both sides, what about Frye jumping up and down in front of that referee who must have been drinking last night... and Bosh grabbing Webster...

Yeah the Frye jumping thing was pretty horrible, lol...to be fair, we didn't score and the refs did a pretty blatant makeup call immediately after. :) But yeah, in general it was surprising to see Roy scoring a bunch early. We've always known he can hit the clutch shots (he hit a really similar 3 in Denver to tie it last year), but it's a surprise to us when he scores a whole bunch early on. Good game, and good luck to you guys. I'm really jealous of Calderon...the guy can play
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#169 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 pm

541Blaza wrote:Can't wait for Oden to stick it to Bosh!! :D

Tough tough loss. I really hope the players respond to this with determination tomorrow.

that's going to be really difficult with Roy having played 52 minutes today. Portland sold out to win today and came up short, it's likely to cost them tomorrow as well.
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#170 » by Bustabucket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that's going to be really difficult with Roy having played 52 minutes today. Portland sold out to win today and came up short, it's likely to cost them tomorrow as well.

I don't see where they came up short, didn't they win in the first OT?
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 58

Post#171 » by Telfaire » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Unlike our win against Chicago, this time Nate payed the price for not playing Przy since the 4th quarter if not before that. The way Aldridge played tonight, trying to out-Bosh Bosh himself, we should have used mostly Przy, Frye and Outlaw as our bigs.
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#172 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed but I agree with Nate's strategy, we really needed to win this game today to have a chance for having a winning record at the end of this road trip. Its just to bad we didn't pull out the win because its gonna be tough to pull out more then three games this trip now imo.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#173 » by vi3t » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:13 pm

If Calderon foot was on the line, that woulda changed everythin, portland prob wouldn't have taken a three, but watever, good game
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#174 » by Charlie78 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:14 pm

I dont know they dont have to play for more than 24 hrs. Theyll get in at a reasonable hour. This isnt a typical back to back.

Here is the real question why in the hell isnt KP looking to move Jack. The guy is just brutal with the ball in his hand yet that seems to be the only way he is effective. Not having blake definetly hurt us big time.

I hate to lose but it is pretty clear that our best is better than toronto's best. I would say this is a pretty good indicator that we have turned that corner despite the L.

Gotta give props to my wife. She totally called the 4 point play. Although she said it would be jones.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#175 » by Yadadimean » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Warya wrote:Good game....refs were terrible on both sides, what about Frye jumping up and down in front of that referee who must have been drinking last night... and Bosh grabbing Webster...

they made up for that with a no call on the drive to the basket after that
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#176 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Telfaire wrote:Unlike our win against Chicago, this time Nate payed the price for not playing Przy since the 4th quarter if not before that. The way Aldridge played tonight, trying to out-Bosh Bosh himself, we should have used mostly Przy, Frye and Outlaw as our bigs.

Yeah I couldn't believe that, it was like the Utah loss all over again, since the third quarter I was telling my dad (who I was watching the game with) that we needed Joel in the game. Every single time Bosh schooled LMA on defense I was shaking my head begging Nate to put in Joel and take out LMA. It was terrible because LMA was not helping us on offense at all and killing us on defense, Joel would have been fresh as he had been sitting for 12+ minutes but he still would not put him in!! Grr.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#177 » by Joga_Bonito » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Great game guys. Good luck the rest of the season and make some noise in the playoffs. Your team is the present and future of the NBA.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#178 » by swede » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Ah well. I just hope this doesn't throw us into a slide..
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#179 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:28 pm

swede wrote:Ah well. I just hope this doesn't throw us into a slide..

If I'm Joel I'm pissed right now. Someone in that locker room better be pissed. Someone better light a fire under this team and we better come out and beat the Nets tomorrow.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 136

Post#180 » by Butter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Did the absence of Blake have a significant impact on this game? I didn't get to watch the game, but it would be easy to say that missing Blake was a contributing factor.

However, I'd really like to hear your opinion.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers