ImageImage

Dame requests a trade.

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 860

Re: Dame requests a trade. 

Post#1721 » by tester551 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:12 am

Apparently Phoenix's insider Gambo sent out a tweet that said "Here we go" - and he subsequently deleted it.

Then I found this guy on Toronto's board with this message:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2321128&start=262#wrap

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Mak wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:When is Portland's media day? That is essentially the deadline.

I think Monday. But I bet if the deal is close and talks are on going they will agree that he does not have to show up. Hoping I’m wrong though and this is resolved before then.

The acquiring team will want Dame to show up for media day, so it will get done before then. Portland just has to put a clock on Miami and ask them to beat Toronto's offer. Then they can return to Toronto and ask them if they want to beat Miami's offer. This should be wrapped up soon, imo. Give Dame a day or two to process and then check out his new home.

I looked up his other posts and he seems to have a very good handle of the Front office situation. I have to 100% believe that Joe would go back to Miami and ask them to beat the offer. If they don't, then it's a much easier sell to Dame where you can legitimately tell him we gave Miami every opportunity to show us they wanted to have you.... but they weren't willing to negotiate in good faith.

I'm guessing we'll hear something official tomorrow.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,636

Post#1722 » by JRoy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:17 am

Hold on to your shorts.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#1723 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:20 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:
zzaj wrote:
I'm right there with you. Basically, one of OG or Barnes on the Blazers is a fun young nucleus. And IMHO Lillard would put Toronto as the favorites in the East, even with giving a piece back.

Unless Miami finds a legitimate PG, I don't see them as a finals team, personally. Boston could be good too, but much will depend on health of Porzingis.

I think barnes and og + 3-4 firsts is what I'd be shooting for from portlands perspective.

You wouldn't be getting that, that is for sure. Barnes proooobably is untouchable and if he does go he won't be going with any other assets, let alone OG and 3+ firsts.

You would at most get one of OG or Barnes, and I doubt that many firsts. I just don't think the market is there from anyone else to drive up the price and Masai is not a guy to overpay

Between the two I'd take barnes. And quite frankly I'd wait it out, teams want to get a superstar for a potential superstar with nothing added
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1724 » by Blazers98 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:22 am

OG> than the entire possible Miami package. Not that Miami has offered their full package.
I would love the fit for OG here but worst case, he goes somewhere for assets, be in now or in the future.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Butter
General Manager
And1: 136

Post#1725 » by Butter » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:28 am

Oops
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#1726 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:31 am

Blazers98 wrote:OG> than the entire possible Miami package. Not that Miami has offered their full package.
I would love the fit for OG here but worst case, he goes somewhere for assets, be in now or in the future.

Man I'd be pushing for barnes all the way. He's clearly the better asset not going to be a Ufa as well

Og is a better piece than miami is offering but man that contract might bite us if he bails
Butter
General Manager

Post#1727 » by Butter » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:34 am

Butter wrote:
tester551 wrote:Apparently Phoenix's insider Gambo sent out a tweet that said "Here we go" - and he subsequently deleted it.

Then I found this guy on Toronto's board with this message:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2321128&start=262#wrap

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
The acquiring team will want Dame to show up for media day, so it will get done before then. Portland just has to put a clock on Miami and ask them to beat Toronto's offer. Then they can return to Toronto and ask them if they want to beat Miami's offer. This should be wrapped up soon, imo. Give Dame a day or two to process and then check out his new home.

I looked up his other posts and he seems to have a very good handle of the Front office situation. I have to 100% believe that Joe would go back to Miami and ask them to beat the offer. If they don't, then it's a much easier sell to Dame where you can legitimately tell him we gave Miami every opportunity to show us they wanted to have you.... but they weren't willing to negotiate in good faith.

I'm guessing we'll hear something official tomorrow.

Ok, I can accept this theory.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#1728 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:36 am

PDXKnight wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:OG> than the entire possible Miami package. Not that Miami has offered their full package.

Man I'd be pushing for barnes all the way. He's clearly the better asset not going to be a Ufa as well

To put this into perspective

Siakam

for

Scoot or Sharpe + Filler + Multiple 1st round Picks

What say you?
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#1729 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:37 am

Vampirate wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

Give me a damn break, Dame is a top 15 player.

Toronto is offering a flight risk basically in og and not much else. Really og isn't much of an asset to me and if Portland does this you and everyone else on your board is gonna gloat about how masai got one over on portland yet again
Butter
General Manager

Post#1730 » by Butter » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:38 am

Vampirate wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

Point made, but let's not go overboad.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant

Post#1731 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:42 am

Butter wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

Tbh, I think you guys got a shot to get Tyrese Maxey because of Embiid himself.

Is Maxey is in talks, it blows past anything other teams are willing to give up.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#1732 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:42 am

Og has a player option after this year that he will surely opt out of. So we either massively overpay or effectively have dealt Dame for a couple mid firsts and some loose garbage. This Toronto offer Is trash the more I think about it. If that's what's on the table I'd rather sit him 4 years or more ideally sit till the deadline

The rumored offer if we accept screams desperation. And we should all be at the moda with machetes if it goes down
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,636

Post#1733 » by JRoy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:44 am

Vampirate wrote:
Butter wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

Is Maxey is in talks, it blows past anything other teams are willing to give up.

Who could say no to yet another tiny, no defense sg looking for a payday?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant

Post#1734 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:45 am

PDXKnight wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

Toronto is offering a flight risk basically in og and not much else. Really og isn't much of an asset to me and if Portland does this you and everyone else on your board is gonna gloat about how masai got one over on portland yet again

I want to make this clear.

Por should absolutely ask for Barnes, Tor should absolutely decline.

This is the same exact situation with KD in Brookyn, where the Nets asked for Barnes but Masai said no.

Simply put, both sides are stubborn and a deal might not get done.

There's a good chance Por keeps Dame till the trade deadline.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant

Post#1735 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:47 am

JRoy wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
Butter wrote:

Pretty fair considering your experience with CJ, but I think Maxey is in a much higher tier of an offensive player though.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#1736 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:47 am

Vampirate wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

Siakam

for

What say you?

I want to make this clear.

Por should absolutely ask for Barnes, Tor should absolutely decline.

This is the same exact situation with KD in Brookyn, where the Nets asked for Barnes but Masai said no.

Simply put, both sides are stubborn and a deal might not get done.

There's a good chance Por keeps Dame till the trade deadline.

Fair point, and taken
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#1737 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:49 am

Vampirate wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

Pretty fair considering your experience with CJ, but I think Maxey is in a much higher tier of an offensive player though.

I think its our logjam at guard more than anything. Ideally we will open up playing time for Scoot
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#1738 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:54 am

TOR wont want to just keep Barnes based on age / potential - but they likely will want to avoid hitting 2023/24 FA with both Pascal and OG. If one leaves your really in trouble.

I think there are a ton of interesting OG moves should he be involved -

GSW - Kuminga, Moody, filler
MEM - LaRavia or ZW or Roddy, 1-2 FRP
NYK - Grimes, 1-2 FRP OR Fournier, 3 FRP

Think he could get a nice return to go along w/ Dick and probably 2 FRP from TOR.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1739 » by Blazers98 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:32 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:TOR wont want to just keep Barnes based on age / potential - but they likely will want to avoid hitting 2023/24 FA with both Pascal and OG. If one leaves your really in trouble.

I think there are a ton of interesting OG moves should he be involved -

GSW - Kuminga, Moody, filler
MEM - LaRavia or ZW or Roddy, 1-2 FRP
NYK - Grimes, 1-2 FRP OR Fournier, 3 FRP

Think he could get a nice return to go along w/ Dick and probably 2 FRP from TOR.

Exactly, I'd love for OG to be here long term. But, he has real value and we could turn him into greater assets than what Miami has to offer. It's just a matter of IF Tor wants to part with him.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#1740 » by Sinobas » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:37 am

The Blazers would have OGs Bird rights, and would be in no danger of approaching the luxury tax. Also, I don't imagine Simons is going to be in their long term plans.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers