ImageImage

Welcome to Portland Sterling Scoot Henderson!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Re: Welcome to Portland Sterling Scoot Henderson! 

Post#21 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:00 am

JRoy wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:No brainer pick. Sometimes folks can overthink things and get overly concerned about things like size but one thing is sure this kid is straight baller and you want to collect those type of guys.

Love his grit but size, shot…

Scoot would be #1 overall in 90% of drafts.

Ya Gradey Dick is a great shooter and 6’8. Means we should have taken him 3rd.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#22 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:00 am

According Marang, the pick is for Portland and they’re keeping Scoot. He said he heard there was a delay for the team releasing the Welcome Scoot tweet because they were having post pick discussions and it didn’t get done, then FO gave social team the OK to release it.

So at this point, unless something really unexpected happens, it sure seems like the Dame era is over. Assuming again no surprising deal comes to fruition, I’ll be shocked if Dame will be on the team by next week and they’ll be picking between an offer of Brooklyn or Miami.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:01 am

Ignoring the Dame issue, Scoot and Sharpe on paper seem like such an amazing and exciting fit. Dunks and running left right and center plus Sharpe’s outside shooting…
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,876

Post#24 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:02 am

If New Orleans really didn't offer Zion or wanted Sharpe included, I understand why the team didn't make t hat trade. You can stomach giving up Scoot and Simons for Zion and his concerns, but you can't stomach giving up all three.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,636

Post#25 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:02 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
JRoy wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:No brainer pick. Sometimes folks can overthink things and get overly concerned about things like size but one thing is sure this kid is straight baller and you want to collect those type of guys.

There’s more to a player than size and shot but let’s not pretend that those don’t matter.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
The Sebastian Express

Post#26 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:04 am

I mean if he's really 6'4 in shoes and does have a legitimate 6'9 wingspan.. I can live with him being 'not tall'. Guess we'll see.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:07 am

It’s just such a weird thing seeing the Blazers social team posting all the Scoot stuff. I would be so freaking stoked in any other situation, but more likely than not, we just watched the Blazers draft the franchises GOAT replacement.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#28 » by dunlop212 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:22 am

Isn't the 17? Who knows how tall they'll end up. Tall enough for a point guard anyway. Sharp and Scoot at Summer League this year?
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,177

Post#29 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:23 am

JRoy wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
JRoy wrote:

There’s more to a player than size and shot but let’s not pretend that those don’t matter.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say they don't matter. Just that sometimes those tangible qualities get overrated and the intangible ones overlooked. A guy can have all the tools in the world and fail and another fight against all odds to succeed.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,636

Post#30 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:24 am

dunlop212 wrote:Isn't the 17? Who knows how tall they'll end up. Tall enough for a point guard anyway. Sharp and Scoot at Summer League this year?

Jerryd Bayless was a summer league superstar
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#31 » by dunlop212 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:25 am

Isn't he 17? Who knows how tall he'll end up. Tall enough for a point guard anyway. Sharp and Scoot at Summer League this year?
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#32 » by Sinobas » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:28 am

I was hoping we'd come away with Scoot. Scoot and Sharpe will be a fun pairing for years. Scoot would be a #1 overall in many years, so we should be thankful we won our way to the #3 spot.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#33 » by Blazers98 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:47 am

Very fortunate to get a top 3 pick. Getting Scoot, a possible perennial all star, is amazing.
Sharpe and Scoot could be a top backcourt in this league!
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
The Sebastian Express

Post#34 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:00 am

dunlop212 wrote:Isn't he 17? Who knows how tall he'll end up. Tall enough for a point guard anyway. Sharp and Scoot at Summer League this year?

No, he's 19, turned this age in February. He joined the Ignite when he was seventeen, though, so been playing against grown men for two years.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,990

Post#35 » by Tim Lehrbach » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:04 am

"Sterling Sharpe" as a throwback nickname for the backcourt of the future?
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,785

Post#36 » by Case2012 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:04 am

I’m done with this team. Idga* how good Scoot is right now or how good he will be in a few years, Dame has given everything to this team and instead of finally getting him help Jody and Joe did what we all knew they would do and just take boa and sit ion their hands and not do a goddamn thing to help this team become a contender. Jody needs to sell the team, before i watch this team again. Completely wasted years of my life watching this team not do anything significant to put a decent team together around the GOAT blazer. Just pathetic and disgusting. Hate is a strong word, but I hate these people. I don’t care if its just a sport, its BS and I’m done. Smile, nod lie to the fans, over and over and over again. It’s disrespectful to us. Efff them.

And on top that Dame will ask out and get traded for peanuts. I hate these people so MUCH.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Skhraeurpl
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#37 » by Skhraeurpl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:10 am

Other than age, why should we ignore scoots terrible stats? Like those are some terrible stats.

I’ve seen “first pick in most drafts” sooo many times but, those would have to be the worst stats from a 1st pick ever if he did go 1st.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,881

Post#38 » by Norm2953 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:41 am

Case2012 wrote:I’m done with this team. Idga* how good Scoot is right now or how good he will be in a few years, Dame has given everything to this team and instead of finally getting him help Jody and Joe did what we all knew they would do and just take boa and sit ion their hands and not do a goddamn thing to help this team become a contender. Jody needs to sell the team, before i watch this team again. Completely wasted years of my life watching this team not do anything significant to put a decent team together around the GOAT blazer. Just pathetic and disgusting. Hate is a strong word, but I hate these people. I don’t care if its just a sport, its BS and I’m done. Smile, nod lie to the fans, over and over and over again. It’s disrespectful to us. Efff them.

And on top that Dame will ask out and get traded for peanuts. I hate these people so MUCH.

If you read all the posts, Wiz is reporting the Pelicans wanted Simons, Sharpe and 3 from Portland for Zion.

Sometimes you need to accept the other teams were not going to offer their star players to Portland for they
felt they did not have to, given Portland's desperation. It's those times when teams are desperate that the
others take advantage. The Celtics and everyone else fleeced Billy King, The Blazers fleeced a desperate
Nets team to get Dame in the first place. Every team does stupid moves each season or they are human and
make mistakes. The thing to do is avoid is the really stupid moves like when Portland traded two FRP +
Maurice Lucas for Calvin Natt or when Portland traded 5 guys for Kiki Vandeweghe
will
RealGM
And1: 49,999
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#39 » by will » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:46 am

Scoot, Sharpe and Ant off the bench as the 6th man.

Deal Dame and you're set.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,986

Post#40 » by JasonStern » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:51 am

I'm not going to pretend that Scoot is better than Sharpe. But the Blazers are set in several key positions long-term if they don't eff anything up.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers