ImageImage

Dame traded to the Bucks!

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#21 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:57 pm

Jrue Holiday is the smartest PG in the league by a long shot. I can think of NOBODY better to be in Scoot's ear until the deadline.

I love the 2029 pick and the unprotected swaps.

Nurkic for Ayton makes sense for both teams.

I do wish the Blazers would have gotten a young promising player, but given Lillard's age that was probably unrealistic.

Pretty decent trade.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#22 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:59 pm

wco81 wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:I like it. I think this was by far the best deal we could've gotten based on any reports I've seen out there

That Ayton contract could be tough unless he shows improvement. Maybe with a change of scenery he lives up to it. But Scoot may have the personality and game to be the alpha on this team and Ayton doesn't play better than he's been playing. It wouldn't be the worst thing for the Blazers if Scoot lives up to the hype so that Ayton and others recede into the background.

The Bucks pick and the swaps could be worth it if Giannis and Dame are either no longer on the team at the end of the decade or no longer at all-star level. Dame will be in his late '30s, Giannis will be around 34 in 2029 so he could still be an All-NBA level player.

So the assets which the Blazers are getting is TBD.

OTOH, they didn't have to send much out besides Lillard. They didn't have to send out Sharpe as some speculated and I don't recall Nurkic's contract situation but he wasn't long for the team. Doesn't seem like Johnson or Little were prominent in the Blazers future, with the players they plan to draft to rebuild.

I feel good about the potential of those picks, they're pretty far out but by then Dame and giannis are like you said gonna be pretty old. And even if they can play then you have a pretty strong risk of an injury occurring at that point rendering those picks fairly valuable then
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#23 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:00 pm

zzaj wrote:Jrue Holiday is the smartest PG in the league by a long shot. I can think of NOBODY better to be in Scoot's ear until the deadline.

I do wish the Blazers would have gotten a young promising player, but given Lillard's age that was probably unrealistic.

Pretty decent trade.

I almost would like to hang onto jrue and find a suitor for anf. Holiday is a nice veteran to have around on a rebuilding team. But if he's the far superior trade asset as i suspect we have to do something with him
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,884

Post#24 » by Norm2953 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:00 pm

zzaj wrote:Jrue Holiday is the smartest PG in the league by a long shot. I can think of NOBODY better to be in Scoot's ear until the deadline.

Pretty decent trade.

Portland will look over the trade market now and by the trade deadline and will send Jrue where he wants
to go
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,253

Post#25 » by monopoman » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:01 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
wco81 wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:I like it. I think this was by far the best deal we could've gotten based on any reports I've seen out there

That Ayton contract could be tough unless he shows improvement. Maybe with a change of scenery he lives up to it. But Scoot may have the personality and game to be the alpha on this team and Ayton doesn't play better than he's been playing. It wouldn't be the worst thing for the Blazers if Scoot lives up to the hype so that Ayton and others recede into the background.

The Bucks pick and the swaps could be worth it if Giannis and Dame are either no longer on the team at the end of the decade or no longer at all-star level. Dame will be in his late '30s, Giannis will be around 34 in 2029 so he could still be an All-NBA level player.

So the assets which the Blazers are getting is TBD.

OTOH, they didn't have to send much out besides Lillard. They didn't have to send out Sharpe as some speculated and I don't recall Nurkic's contract situation but he wasn't long for the team. Doesn't seem like Johnson or Little were prominent in the Blazers future, with the players they plan to draft to rebuild.

I feel good about the potential of those picks, they're pretty far out but by then Dame and giannis are like you said gonna be pretty old. And even if they can play then you have a pretty strong risk of an injury occurring at that point rendering those picks fairly valuable then

In the 2029 season Giannis will be 35 or turning 35, so it heavily depends on how he looks at that age, there are some players that look great at age 35 and there are others that look like they should probably retire.

It also depends on how much athleticism he loses by then, Giannis seems to rely on that heavily.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#26 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:02 pm

Norm2953 wrote:

Pretty decent trade.

Portland will look over the trade market now and by the trade deadline and will send Jrue where he wants
to go

Which is hella ironic. :lol:
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#27 » by PDXKnight » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:03 pm

Pretty decent trade.

I think those 3 picks are the equivalent of that promising player along with the maybe of ayton. All of those assets could backfire otoh they could potentially look pretty good Maybe. Apparently ayton is pretty good in terms of advanced stats so he may have potential upside and those firsts could easily be high lotto by then

The salary relief is a nice added benefit here. Quite frankly by most nba circles I'd say we at least got a "fair return" compared to Toronto and Miami offers which lacked in luster especially those from Miami
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#28 » by mighty_duck » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:05 pm

I doubt Jrue ever plays here. He is just so solid on both ends of the court, and a class act outside the court. He upgrades most teams at the 1.
And if anyone has fallen in love with the Heat package, I could see them doing Jrue for Duncan Robinson, and probably 3 of these 4 : 28FRP, 30FRP, Jovic JJJ. I think we can get a better return elsewhere.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,394

Post#29 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:05 pm

Norm2953 wrote:

Pretty decent trade.

to go

Giannis will be 34, not 35, and it's only 1 pick

compared to the 3-4 first rounders that was rumored to be demanding lol

Jrue Holiday is 33, he's not going to get you much

and a Deandre Ayton that is overrated and his own drafting team gave up on him at -25- yrs old

terrible trade for POR lol
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#30 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:07 pm

mighty_duck wrote:I doubt Jrue ever plays here. He is just so solid on both ends of the court, and a class act outside the court. He upgrades most teams at the 1.
And if anyone has fallen in love with the Heat package, I could see them doing Jrue for Duncan Robinson, and probably 3 of these 4 : 28FRP, 30FRP, Jovic JJJ. I think we can get a better return elsewhere.

The Heat were iffy on including that many picks for -DAMIAN LILLARD-

you think you're getting several first rounders in this new CBA... for Jrue Holiday at 33 yrs old
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
zzaj
General Manager

Post#31 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

Pretty decent trade.

to go

and a Deandre Ayton that is overrated and his own drafting team gave up on him at -25- yrs old

Now that your team needs a PG, we have Jrue Holiday...what can you offer?
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#32 » by mighty_duck » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:13 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:The Heat were iffy on including that many picks for -DAMIAN LILLARD-

you think you're getting several first rounders in this new CBA... for Jrue Holiday at 33 yrs old lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jrue had one of his best years last season, and doesn't appear to be slowing down. He'll get a very solid return.
He would immediately solidify Miami's weakest position. You would be lucky to get that deal done.

But again, I think there are better trading partners out there. Enjoy paying Duncan Robinson 8-)
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#33 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:13 pm

zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:
to go

we don't need a PG. We have Kyle Lowry.

What we needed was help on the offensive end, ideally a #1 scoring option.

I hope this makes the rumors of Buddy Hield true, way better contract and way cheaper than what POR was demanding from MIA.

I feel sorry for yall, that a terrible trade after all that posturing lol
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#34 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:15 pm

mighty_duck wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:The Heat were iffy on including that many picks for -DAMIAN LILLARD-

you think you're getting several first rounders in this new CBA... for Jrue Holiday at 33 yrs old lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jrue had one of his best years last season, and doesn't appear to be slowing down. He'll get a very solid return.
He would immediately solidify Miami's weakest position. You would be lucky to get that deal done.

But again, I think there are better trading partners out there. Enjoy paying Duncan Robinson 8-)

We got Kyle Lowry, we'll fill in another role player like we always do, to back him up

Miami's weakest position was PF, not PG.

What we needed was scoring. Hence Dame. But we can get that in other places, Buddy Hield to MIA sounds great to me
zzaj
General Manager

Post#35 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:15 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

I hope this makes the rumors of Buddy Hield true, way better contract and way cheaper than what POR was demanding from MIA.

Enjoy Kyle Lowry.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,016

Post#36 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Holiday will get a nice return. The MIL picks are worth far more than the MIA ones. We never wanted Tyler and MIA couldnt find a 3rd team for him.

Assuming Holiday returns what I believe he can (2 FRP) - this is a much better deal than what MIA could offer. Will have to wait on his trade to truly evaluate. But dont let that stop you from making whiney emotional posts on our board.

I would be bummed too if my team lowballed for Dame hoping to keep assets to snag Giannis just to watch both options disappear instantly like a ship hit by a rouge wave.
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#37 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 pm

Can't help but enjoy reading again those posts of Miami fans who said in summer "Duncan and Lowry, saves Portland money, thats the current value of now 33 year old Dame."
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#38 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:19 pm

zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Enjoy Kyle Lowry.

it's interesting how easily Cronin and Blazers FO was able to turn fan hatred against innocent parties (another team wanting to trade for a player) instead of the blame being placed on the very FO that failed you as fans in the first place

Enjoy the hating!
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,720

Post#39 » by Vampirate » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:19 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:First off.. thank god this is over. Funny how it is a team that had almost no rumors about them in the mix but I think that's how it goes pretty often.

Secondly... well Bucks and Giannis are my fav player/team out east so maybe the best possible Lillard destination to me from that perspective. Really hope he is happy there too. (omg I am definitely rooting for the Heat to miss the playoffs)

Third... I hate the lack of picks here and no young rookie scale talent. I think there is more to the story about why we refused Miami so hard, but this looks like the Blazers have zero interest in bottoming out for a true rebuild. Go Vulcan I guess we are trying to make the playoffs this year and lose that pick to Chicago

Going to be honest, the 2 players that were preaching loyalty landing on the same team is kind of poetry.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,356

Post#40 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:20 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:First off.. thank god this is over. Funny how it is a team that had almost no rumors about them in the mix but I think that's how it goes pretty often.

Secondly... well Bucks and Giannis are my fav player/team out east so maybe the best possible Lillard destination to me from that perspective. Really hope he is happy there too. (omg I am definitely rooting for the Heat to miss the playoffs)

Third... I hate the lack of picks here and no young rookie scale talent. I think there is more to the story about why we refused Miami so hard, but this looks like the Blazers have zero interest in bottoming out for a true rebuild. Go Vulcan I guess we are trying to make the playoffs this year and lose that pick to Chicago

This is like Cleveland swooping in for Mitchell last summer. Knicks didn't really have what Utah wanted but another team did and made the offer.

IMO JRue is moving for younger talent in short time. What about JRue for OG? Ayton and OG is a pretty fun haul for Dame. Not rookie scale but a couple of young pieces.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to Portland Trail Blazers