Trade No One
4%
Other
4%

Total votes: 68

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline: who is available? 

Post#21 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:16 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:After the PHX game and getting to see all 3 young forwards play legit minutes I am now in the camp of trading not just Grant and Brogdan, but Thybulle as well.

Jettison this idea of the vets being a bridge. Its a bridge to nowhere. Sell them off ASAP - this team is much more watchable when the kids are out there hustling. We will stink either way.

I think thybulle could be useful at the 2 moving forward depending on what other moves are made

Ya - I would keep him if both Brogdan and Simons are moved. Dont see Simons being traded though.

Would love something like this though -

Simons for Harris, DEN 25 FRP, ORL 27 FRP - not sure on protections
Brogdan for Fournier, WAS or DET FRP
Grant for Barnes, future FRP

Dont think we see near that amt of activity though.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#22 » by Anderson Hunt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm

zzaj wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I would easily move Grant, Brogdan and Ayton.

I hate Aytons game man. Nice rebounder, thats about it. A guy whos offensive bread and butter is 3 pump fakes and a 18 foot jump shot is a freaking dinosaur in todays NBA. But no one will take him IMO.

Yep, Blazers are going to be stuck with Ayton until at least the last year of his contract. For his production/fit in the current "out" style of the NBA the Blazers will never find a willing taker for that money.

Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant
Blazers in (3): DeRozan, Russell, and Hachimura

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes
Lakers in (4): LaVine, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig

Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor
Bulls in (7): Ayton, Grant, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Good for the Blazers because they come from under Ayton and Grant's contracts (DeRozan is expiring) while getting a young talented forward in Hachimura with some upside.

Bad for the Blazers because the cost of ridding themselves of Ayton is letting Jerami Grant go without receiving multiple assets (only Hachimura). Also, they're more than likely stuck with Russell for another season because he has a player option.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#23 » by Anderson Hunt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

I hate Aytons game man. Nice rebounder, thats about it. A guy whos offensive bread and butter is 3 pump fakes and a 18 foot jump shot is a freaking dinosaur in todays NBA. But no one will take him IMO.

Moving off Ayton alone would easily require additional compensation. Moving off both Ayton and Grant together (if you could find a team with 60 mill in salary) may not require the inclusion of additional assets.

I think Chicago would take Ayton and Grant off the Blazer's hands if it meant the Bulls could turn the page on LaVine / Vucevic / DeRozan (especially if they were able to land a young prospect in the deal as well).
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#24 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Yep, Blazers are going to be stuck with Ayton until at least the last year of his contract. For his production/fit in the current "out" style of the NBA the Blazers will never find a willing taker for that money.

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor
Good for the Blazers because they come from under Ayton and Grant's contracts (DeRozan is expiring) while getting a young talented forward in Hachimura with some upside.

Bad for the Blazers because the cost of ridding themselves of Ayton is letting Jerami Grant go without receiving multiple assets (only Hachimura). Also, they're more than likely stuck with Russell for another season because he has a player option.

Blazers are very unlikely to use an asset ( Grant) to dump Ayton. Especially not when 2 of the players returned neither fit the team's rebuild timeline nor a positional need. In fact after this trade Portland would have at least 5 guards ( Simons,Sharpe, Scoot, Brogdon and Russell) needing playing time. And if you count Derozan and Thybule as guards that makes 7. It unbalanced the roster to no real benefit.
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Anderson Hunt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:00 pm

Frankly, I don't understand teams like Atlanta, Dallas, and Sacramento being interested in Siakam. He can't shoot ... and he'll be an unrestricted free agent.

If these teams need defense, rebounding, and scoring from the forward spot, all these teams should have an equal interest in Jerami Grant. He's probably better because he can stretch the floor.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 865

Post#26 » by tester551 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:40 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:If these teams need defense, rebounding, and scoring from the forward spot, all these teams should have an equal interest in Jerami Grant. He's probably better because he can stretch the floor.

Quite frankly, based on this comment -> I don't think you have watched Grant very much or very closely...
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#27 » by Anderson Hunt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:50 pm

tester551 wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:If these teams need defense, rebounding, and scoring from the forward spot, all these teams should have an equal interest in Jerami Grant. He's probably better because he can stretch the floor.

Quite frankly, based on this comment -> I don't think you have watched Grant very much or very closely...

You're right. I definitely got ahead of myself. Siakam is the better rebounder and passer, but the point remains that Grant should be be more of a commodity because he shoots better and is under contract for the next four years.

If the asking price isn't too high from the Blazers and the other teams have half a brain, Grant should be getting a much harder look than Siakam.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#28 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Grant would be a huge fit for any team that is A) a competitor and B) has a elite slasher who is elite at kicking out.

Grant's got one of the quickest feet set releases in the league from 3. Kid catches and flicks it in an absurdly quick manner. Think he could be really utilized by a team like DAL that has Luka driving and dishing.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,647

Post#29 » by JRoy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:26 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Yuck.

LAL can pound sand.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,880

Post#30 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 am

Anderson Hunt wrote:
zzaj wrote:

This isn't good for the Blazers, which I detailed why yesterday on the trade board.

Portland neutralizes assets they might get for Grant by attaching him to Ayton.

Portland has no center if trading Ayton this year (no, playing Badji and Reath at all the minutes isn't a great answer and doesn't help anyone grow and progress).

Bringing in DeRozan and Russell, two guys wanting to contend and wanting to secure a next contract at least in the case of Russell, to play at positions where Portland's most promising young guys are right now is a disaster waiting to happen. DeRozan would still start and at the three, but he will want to be with a competitor. We aren't a competitor. Russell won't start ahead of Scoot, Ant and Shaedon. It will be a miserable, awful situation for him where he gets limited minutes ala Brogdon but without the general understanding he is going to get traded to a playoff team.

If you want this idea to work at all you have to find takers for DeRozan and Russell and either remove Ayton or have a center coming back.
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#31 » by GEE » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:47 am

Got bored, played around with the trade checker, and came up with this 4-teamer:

Portland trades: Ayton / Grant / Brogden
Lakers trade: Russel / Reaves / Rui
Bobcats trade: Gordon / Williams
Nets trade: Simmons / Claxton

Portland gets: Rui / M.Williams / Simmons / Claxton
Lakers get: Brogden / Gordon
Bobcats get: Grant / Reeves
Nets get: Ayton / Russel

Simons / Scoot
Sharpe / Thybulle
Simmons / Camara
Rui / Timelord / Reath
M.Williams / Claxton
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,088

Post#32 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:00 am

I would trade anyone Brogdon, Grant, Thybulle, William's, and Ayton.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#33 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:36 am

I'm happy trading Ayton, but I don't want to give out assets to dump him. I'd rather just keep him on the books. He's a solid player and we have to use our cap somehow....
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 554

Post#34 » by Goldbum » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm

Some things I've heard:
Portland is NOT looking to trade Ayton
(But would field offers if treated as a positive asset...that's not happening)
Portland is NOT looking to trade Grant
(I was told they value him at or above 2 firsts)
Portland has real interest in moving Thybulle for a 1st.
(His veto power has shrunk his market don't expect him to be traded. I'm hearing his trade value is higher than Malcom)
Portland is definitely looking to trade Brogdon.
They are mostly exploring 3 team deals right now.

A name to keep an eye on is DeAndre Hunter...

The Blazers have previously expressed interest in Poku and are eyeing his situation.

Duop Reath doesn't have an NBA contract because he has trade value. Once he signs he can't be traded, however his 2 way contract CAN be traded and at least 1 front office executive believes he could be moved WITH Malcom to a team that needs backcourt and frontcourt depth.

There is a TON of belief surrounding Rupert's future and they have turned away inquiries(not that they where great offers)
Portland is BELIEVED to be interested in WCJ but neither source had heard of any negotiations around he and Brogdan

So not anything world shaking. Still both sources felt VERY comfortable saying that Portland will make a deal.

Nothing imminent
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#35 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:29 pm

what would ya'll want for brogdon?
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#36 » by RTG HD » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:42 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:what would ya'll want for brogdon?

Late first round pick and expiring contract is my guess on the asking price.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#37 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm

NYK needs to both replace IQ and get a backup C w/ Mitchell out.

Brogdan + Reath for Fournier + DET or WAS FRP + 2-3 future SRP
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#38 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:03 pm

RTG HD wrote:

I'd say future first lotto protected and a couple seconds or a couple late firsts and some seconds personally
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,989

Post#39 » by JasonStern » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:40 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
RTG HD wrote:

I'd say future first lotto protected and a couple seconds or a couple late firsts and some seconds personally

I'd be happy but surprised if he pulls that. Late 1st/rookie scale prospect and filler is his market value. Teams know the Blazers have zero incentive to trade him and a glut at the guard position, so there's no need to overpay.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#40 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:23 pm

JasonStern wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:
RTG HD wrote:

I'd be happy but surprised if he pulls that. Late 1st/rookie scale prospect and filler is his market value. Teams know the Blazers have zero incentive to trade him and a glut at the guard position, so there's no need to overpay.

I think lotto protected is pretty easy to pull off. Any major risk is mitigated with the protection and usually a teak trading for someone like brogdon won't be giving up a 15 pick anyhow

Return to Portland Trail Blazers