ImageImage

Its Officially Time...What do we do

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

AG
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#21 » by AG » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:38 am

I say use him as a body in practice and show him he needs to earn time and not demand it. I want to know his opinion on the current status of the team and where he thinks he can fit in. Right now I personally do not see him having a positive effect on the younger players.

Maybe during practice some players could take his positive attributes and learn from them. He can finish on the break and is a decent defender, but he could learn something from our guys too....maturity. I wish him well though, he could turn it around. :pray:
Kobe Bean24
Ballboy

Post#22 » by Kobe Bean24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:21 am

I cringe every time I here his name. He's the last remaining "jail blazer" and we need to rid ourselves of him.
Do it Mitch! Trade Kwame for SOMEONE GOOD!
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#23 » by swede » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:23 am

Your name is Kobe Bean24 and you're a Blazer fan? Oh the humanity.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Kobe Bean24
Ballboy

Post#24 » by Kobe Bean24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:24 am

BlackMamba wrote:well, it he is ready and shows during practice that he deserves some minutes, then give them to him.

he has the talent, and he could deffinitelly help the blazers.

i've been a supporter for miles and it would be a good thing to see him come back.

as of now he is a blazer and has the same amount of opportunity as any other player.

:wavefinger: :crazy: :banghead:
Kobe Bean24
Ballboy

Post#25 » by Kobe Bean24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:29 am

swede wrote:Your name is Kobe Bean24 and you're a Blazer fan? Oh the humanity.

I grew up a Laker fan Big Magic fan, but i live in Portland so i still gotta support the home team

So i'm a fan of both

Blazers fan+ Lakers fan = Blakers fan? lol
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#26 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:32 am

Pray to God for a Buyout that is less than his salary...in hopes that he is stupid enough to think that another team will give him another contract.
haschel cedricson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#27 » by haschel cedricson » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:02 am

Kobe Bean24 wrote:So i'm a fan of both

Can you do that?
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#28 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:21 am

haschel cedricson wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Can you do that?

It's almost like saying your two favorite bands are Slayer and The Carpenters, isn't it?
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#29 » by Mr Odd » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:44 am

mojomarc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's almost like saying your two favorite bands are Slayer and The Carpenters, isn't it?

HAHA .. .Wait, which are the Blazers??

I remember my first Slayer tape I got in the mid 80's.
South of Heaven, I think it was.. .

-

How can one be a Blazers & Lakers fan??
Theyre like the complete opisit in culture.
Owell, aslong as you cheer the Blazers on
when they play the Lakers, its all good.. .
:wink:
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#30 » by UGotThrilled » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:20 am

Ripcity4life wrote:Send him to Siberia ... Kidding .... Kind of ......

Now to be serious i think he should sit until at least the All Star break then let him have McRoberts spot for 5 or so games WHILE he in D-league. If he gets in then we will see. However the Blazers need to get him some exposure IF they have any hope to get him of the roster. When i say after All Star break i am thinking last 6 weeks of season. However 1st let him practice with team and see if his practice habits and attitude have improved. If they have not then BURY him someplace But if it has then give him a chance to prove himself so the team can trade him in offseason.

This gave me an idea. Do you think we could showcase him in the D-League? Honestly, he isnt going to have a whole lot of trade value, regardless of what we do, but maybe just to show that he can in fact run the court and still has some skills. On the other hand, regardless of how well he does, I have a hard time imagining who will pick up his crappy contract and what they could possibly give us that would be worth while. Do you think he would willingly go to the D-League for a period of time?
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by DeezXXnutZ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:33 am

Kobe Bean24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
So i'm a fan of both

So how does it feel to be a banwagon groupie...?

I'd never know, BLAZERS FO' LIFE>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Pinot love
Junior

Post#32 » by Pinot love » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:39 am

I'm not a Miles fan, but if sacrificing wins for a trade to relieve his salary so we can sign even better players and more of them in a couple years then I hope the Blazers do. This years excitment, effort and show of potential has already been enough for me.
Wizenheimer wrote:Roy is like a spur without the boring.

Haha. Hey they're not that boring.
kinch
Starter

Post#33 » by kinch » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:31 am

UGotThrilled wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This gave me an idea. Do you think we could showcase him in the D-League? Honestly, he isnt going to have a whole lot of trade value, regardless of what we do, but maybe just to show that he can in fact run the court and still has some skills. On the other hand, regardless of how well he does, I have a hard time imagining who will pick up his crappy contract and what they could possibly give us that would be worth while. Do you think he would willingly go to the D-League for a period of time?

Can't do it. D-League is for first and second year players (on an NBA roster) only. I'm more pro-Miles than most, but I have trouble imagining any use for him right now. I hope he's a good cheerleader.
[quote][/quote]
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,054

Post#34 » by DBurks2818 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:56 am

Just wait for that guy to come back.
hkphooey
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by hkphooey » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:34 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:(picture)

Just wait for that guy to come back.

Can't wait to see what Oden is made of. RE Darius Miles - I'm afraid we are stuck with him. We won't be able to showcase him because he won't get PT ahead of Jones or Outlaw and certainly won't dislodge Webster from the starting lineup. We do however need him to be a good citizen and when his contract comes due in 2 years, we will say good bye, wish him the best of luck and thank him for the cap space that he will create when we have to reup with Roy and LaMarcus.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,336

Post#36 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:56 pm

There is the possibility that Jones may opt-out of his contract and for a variety of reasons wouldn't be a Blazer next season. I don't think it's likely, but it could happen.

In that event, then Miles could see some meaningful playing time next season. Perhaps enough that he could be traded, but it's highly unlikely it would be for an expiring contract.

However, if he does demonstrate he can play effectively, he might be part of a big trade in the 2009 off-season because then he'd be an expiring contract himself.
listerine
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by listerine » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:29 pm

People keep talking about showcasing Miles for a trade. I just don't see it happening.

1. Showcasing players NEVER helps a team win (ala Shareef at SF). In fact, it can really damage locker room cohesion.

2. It takes a lot of showcasing. GMs aren't as fickle as fans. It takes more than a player showing he can run up and down the court for them to pull the trigger on a trade. He would need to play well enough to remove most of the doubt of his abilities. Which brings us to-

3. I doubt he'll play well. His game is based on explosiveness. And now he has two bum knees. If he was a shooter, he might be able to come back. If he was a post up player, he might be able to come back. A slasher? Doubt it.

4. He won't bring back anything good. No expiring contracts. No draft picks. We'd need to give up players with potential in order to unload him for an overpriced stiff.

I think it's obvious that KP was crossing his fingers that Miles would retire. If he doesn't by the end of the season, I expect we'll buy him out to make room for our draft pick or Fernandez.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#38 » by d-train » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:54 pm

I think it would be a bad idea to start playing Darius now. Blazers are entering a rough stretch of their schedule and they will likely slip considerably from their current win rate. There is no sense in also putting Darius into the lineup so that people can endlessly speculate about how Daruis is causing the team to lose. I think the best approach is to wait until the team is struggling a bit and possibly looking for some help that Miles might be able to provide.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#39 » by chrbal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:40 am

Didn't read all 4 pages.

Showcase him without messing up team chemisty, easier said then done, and then trade him for a shorter contract and maybe a 2nd.
Gibbs
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#40 » by Gibbs » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:30 am

Miles needs to be showcased at least limitedly to prove that he can be a 11th or 12th man on a NBA team. If teams think he can somewhat of a minor role on a team rather than the conception that he will play absolutely no role on their team, then unloading him will be considerably cheaper and easier.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers