ImageImage

Chicago-Portland trade proposal

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

b_roy7
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#21 » by b_roy7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:46 am

mojomarc wrote:I hate Noah as well, but I do have a feeling that he will be pretty darned good in a few years. The kind of guy you hate to play, but love him on your team.
I see him as nothing more than a hustle player 6th man. He has energy, but I don't really know what else he brings other than rebounding. I may not have seen enough of him.

It's not his face that's ugly either, has anyone seen his free throws?
hkphooey
Sixth Man

Post#22 » by hkphooey » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:32 am

No thanks to Noah. We can draft Tyler Hansborough and get someone who can give us everything Noah can and more without the crazy.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#23 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:54 am

hkphooey wrote:No thanks to Noah. We can draft Tyler Hansborough and get someone who can give us everything Noah can and more without the crazy.

Tyler is gonna be hands down a much better player then Noah IMO. Noah is fundamentally a horrible player on top of the fact he is such a self promotion asshat.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Re: Chicago-Portland trade proposal 

Post#24 » by Yadadimean » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:15 am

Village Idiot wrote:With Noah in the doghouse there first with the coaching staff and now with his fellow players unanimously banning from a game I wonder if maybe he's available.

Personally I'd love to have somebody with his passion and winning attitude on this team. He has his shortcomings both physically and skill-wise but I'm of the opinion that the guy has qualities that aren't teachable without extensive brain-washing.

The proposal:

Chicago trades:

Joakim Noah

Portland trades:

Channing Frye
2008 2nd (the highest of our three picks from New York, Memphis and Indiana)
2009 1st-lottery protected

Noah being in the doghouse at all should be a red flag. Its only compunded by the fact that his teammates already dislike him enough to unanimously vote him into the doghouse. Didn't we just sit through an entire era of trying to get rid of guys like that? Our guys all have great attitudes now, even Miles of all people. What we need is no guys like Noah's lifelong spoiled ass, and more team oriented guys like the group we currently have in place. I'm weary of making any trade at this point as we already have two more excellent pieces coming in next year even if we trade our picks. It doesn't make sense to me to make a deal unless we get an offer we can't refuse.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#25 » by Yadadimean » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 am

hkphooey wrote:No thanks to Noah. We can draft Tyler Hansborough and get someone who can give us everything Noah can and more without the crazy.

But we aready have a white guy who went to school in that area at his position. We are not trying to become the Utah Jazz are we?
see4miles
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by see4miles » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 am

Nope. no. Never.

May I also take this opportunity to apologise for my 'let's get Wallace trade threads'. Neither Noah or Wallace shoul come to portland any more than twice a year!

Mr. "I don't recognise the no-headbands rule" stands up for coaches!!! What's next Bonzi coaching the Summer League?
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#27 » by BlackMamba » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 pm

well, if he's beginning to have a "bad" reputation, let him have his reputation somewhere else.

and like most have stated, fye has really started to be an important piece of the blazers success and rising.

so, no.
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by DeezXXnutZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 pm

see4miles wrote:Neither Noah or Wallace shoul come to portland any more than twice a year!

How about just once a year.....

:lol:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#29 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:55 pm

No way on this deal. Frye alone is better than Noah but including our first round pick in 09' (regardless of where it lands) just makes this deal atrocious. Also, Noah is seemingly a team cancer and there's no way I want him to infect this team.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#30 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:51 pm

This has to be the one of the most un-informed threads on RealGM. Cliff Levingston doesn't feel like going into detail, but here's a quick point:

'07-'08 PER:
Frye: 14.74
Noah: 17.77

It's good that most of you wouldn't make the deal, cause Paxson would laugh at it.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#31 » by swede » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 pm

*Phone Rings*

Paxson: "This is Papa John"
Pritchard: "Hey buddy. I was thinking about getting something going with Frye for Noah"
Paxson: "*scoffs* Have you seen his PER?!?"
Pritchard: "*barely containing self* OOHH THATS HOT!"

It's been like a half of a season and he is still quite the d-bag. If you're going to play Joe Smith might was well get him in his early 20's (Frye)..
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#32 » by Billy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:This has to be the one of the most un-informed threads on RealGM. Cliff Levingston doesn't feel like going into detail, but here's a quick point:

'07-'08 PER:

It's good that most of you wouldn't make the deal, cause Paxson would laugh at it.

PER is a great stat, but has little to nothing to do with my most people wouldn't deal Frye for Noah.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#33 » by swede » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm

BTW that's crazy I remember earlier in the season Frye's per was terrible.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Joshumitsu
Senior
And1: 56

Post#34 » by Joshumitsu » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Nah, we don't need Noah.

Frye's been pretty good for us.

Plus, my friends sister is dating him...so free Blazer tickets heh heh.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#35 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:This has to be the one of the most un-informed threads on RealGM. Cliff Levingston doesn't feel like going into detail, but here's a quick point:

'07-'08 PER:

Frye's been really good for us lately and I wouldn't trade him away for a team cancer in Noah. I've disliked his immature attitude since he was in Florida and really can't see him doing much in the NBA if he can't restrain himself from being a complete bonehead. Also, it's not like Noah's much of a player anyways. He can't hit a jumpshot to save his life and brings nothing defensively that przybilla can't do better. Noah is a bust and I'm fine with letting Chicago figure that out but I don't want him on this team.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#36 » by mojomarc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm

'07-'08 PER:

First of all, I'm not sure where you got your PER rating, but ESPN is listing Aldridge's PER at 19.07 and Noah at 17.67, so Noah loses by that measure. Secondly, we all know PER is pretty bogus because if that's what Paxson is going on he would trade Luol Deng (18.09) for Josh McRoberts (PER=24.08) in a heartbeat. I know Paxson is kind of looking shaky at the moment, but I can't believe even Cliff Livingston would want to see that trade go down. Finally, if you want to judge simply by a stat instead of actually watching and evaluating players, why not use a stat that's better. Even the ESPN Rating (ESPN rating = PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*TGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)) is a better measure of performance than PER, and that really starts showing why Pax would trade Noah for Aldridge in a New York minute:

ESPN ratings:
Aldridge: 29.4
Noah: 9.6

For the record, that puts Noah in the company (but still below) of such players as Steve Novak, Ruben Patterson, and Rasho Nesterovic.

I think Cliff Livingston can chew on that for a while after realizing that no matter how you slice it, Aldridge is the superior talent and Paxson would trade Noah for him in a second if there were any way possible that he could make KP accept it.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#37 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:55 pm

mojomarc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

First of all, I'm not sure where you got your PER rating, but ESPN is listing Aldridge's PER at 19.07 and Noah at 17.67, so Noah loses by that measure. Secondly, we all know PER is pretty bogus because if that's what Paxson is going on he would trade Luol Deng (18.09) for Josh McRoberts (PER=24.08) in a heartbeat. I know Paxson is kind of looking shaky at the moment, but I can't believe even Cliff Livingston would want to see that trade go down. Finally, if you want to judge simply by a stat instead of actually watching and evaluating players, why not use a stat that's better. Even the ESPN Rating (ESPN rating = PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*TGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)) is a better measure of performance than PER, and that really starts showing why Pax would trade Noah for Aldridge in a New York minute:

ESPN ratings:
Aldridge: 29.4
Noah: 9.6

For the record, that puts Noah in the company (but still below) of such players as Steve Novak, Ruben Patterson, and Rasho Nesterovic.

I think Cliff Livingston can chew on that for a while after realizing that no matter how you slice it, Aldridge is the superior talent and Paxson would trade Noah for him in a second if there were any way possible that he could make KP accept it.

uhh...mojo?...unless I'm mistaken and missed it, I think CL was talking about Noah for Frye, or vice-versa, not LMA
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#38 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:01 am

Wizenheimer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

uhh...mojo?...unless I'm mistaken and missed it, I think CL was talking about Noah for Frye, or vice-versa, not LMA

D'oh! I guess there have been so many Chicago threads with Aldridge involved that I got carried away. That's what I get for reading a thread, going to a meeting, then responding :oops:

Never mind....

Return to Portland Trail Blazers