ImageImage

Dame traded to the Bucks!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#341 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:36 pm

wco81 wrote:Hmm looks like you guys are mostly down on how Lillard is leaving the Blazers.

Wonder what the larger fan base thinks.

No doubt there will be a video tribute when the Bucks visit Portland and he should get a big standing ovation?

I think so. Its a bit raw right now with the single trade request nonsense but end of the day I hope that washes away a bit and we can all come to appreciate his time here. He did a ton for this city on and off the court, and in the end the trade worked out pretty well.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#342 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:50 pm

wco81 wrote:Hmm looks like you guys are mostly down on how Lillard is leaving the Blazers.

No doubt there will be a video tribute when the Bucks visit Portland and he should get a big standing ovation?

keep in mind that there are 3 or 4 posters here who have been anti-Dame for years; and not just anti-Dame, in a couple of cases venomously anti-Dame

obviously, the work of Dame's agent rankled a lot of people. I'm a big Dame fan and it rankled me. (and I think the Blazer F.O. was a lot more than just rankled; rumors are out there Portland filed a grievance against Miami. whether or not that's true, I don't know but it's pretty clear Pat Riley is a snake)

so there is a lot of momentum behind trying to blame Dame for the entire situation. I think the reality is that Dame has fault, and is accountable for a lot of it, and the same is true for Cronin. I have no doubt at all that Dame came away from conversations with Cronin believing the Blazers were going to trade one of their draft picks for help; either the 7th pick last year or the 3rd pick this year. And Dame felt misled when it didn't happen

that's not to say Cronin should have traded either pick or that he guaranteed to Dame he would....just that Dame believed he would

in any event, water under the bridge. Portland did about as good as they could do and Dame is on a contender. I have little doubt a vast majority of Blazer fans will be rooting for Dame in Milwaukee
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#343 » by soobias » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:10 pm

yeah those are called sheep lol.......
but seriously the casual fan doesnt care about how the hot dog is made they'll just eat it sort of speak.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#344 » by DusterBuster » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:13 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:

keep in mind that there are 3 or 4 posters here who have been anti-Dame for years; and not just anti-Dame, in a couple of cases venomously anti-Dame

obviously, the work of Dame's agent rankled a lot of people. I'm a big Dame fan and it rankled me. (and I think the Blazer F.O. was a lot more than just rankled; rumors are out there Portland filed a grievance against Miami. whether or not that's true, I don't know but it's pretty clear Pat Riley is a snake)

so there is a lot of momentum behind trying to blame Dame for the entire situation. I think the reality is that Dame has fault, and is accountable for a lot of it, and the same is true for Cronin. I have no doubt at all that Dame came away from conversations with Cronin believing the Blazers were going to trade one of their draft picks for help; either the 7th pick last year or the 3rd pick this year. And Dame felt misled when it didn't happen

that's not to say Cronin should have traded either pick or that he guaranteed to Dame he would....just that Dame believed he would

in any event, water under the bridge. Portland did about as good as they could do and Dame is on a contender. I have little doubt a vast majority of Blazer fans will be rooting for Dame in Milwaukee

Spot on. If you listen to local sports, there are a lot of Giannis fan. He’s a lot like Dame in that he’s just a very real and super nice human, easy to root for. So I think fans here are happy to see them team up and Dame to have a real shot at ring.

As you said too, Portland probably got the best possible trade they could with all things considered with the situation (the demand, his age and contract, etc).

The longer I’ve sat with the deal, I really think it was the best possible outcome for all parties, even Dame.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,880

Post#345 » by Norm2953 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:51 pm

I do think most of the board not named Wiz and Case are okay with the deal. Best for Dame/Bucks and
perhaps Portland, who can then enter the next generation Blazers era. Team will be bad in 2023-24 but
if they can add another top 3 pick in perhaps Buzelis, team will finally have length up front with Ayton
and Buzelis

I'd like to spin Jrue off to Boston for Williams, Brogdon and a single FRP.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,688

Post#346 » by Whole Truth » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:02 pm

GEE wrote:Another unneccessary shot from his boy Haynes this morning on the Wire. Now it's a complete "Ratting out" of the organizations alleged attempt to improve their draft position, by shutting Dame down early. Why do this? I think it just makes Dame look more and more like a P.O.S.

As noted, even after all the dirty tactics to force his way to only one team, while putting Cronin in a very difficult situation... Cronin still took the high road and sent him to a destination that pairs him with talent that he always wanted, and he'll likely get a championship ring too. So why the need, to continue to take shots, when he shoud be thanking Cronin for not sending him to Toronto like POP did Kawhi... Or simply for giving him the extension that was also a true gift. Clearly ungratefull, unneccessary and a bit disgusting human behavior on Dame's behalf IMO.

IMO I think he did that more for the image of the organization than Dame.

In his tough position, where Dame & MIami tried to publicly leverage your team to lower your best & most expensive value asset.

- He honored Dame's request out. Sent him to a contender, one he would accept going to beyond his primary
- He put the organizations best interest ahead of catering to a players demand & got IMO, a better deal overall.
- He ultimately did right by the fans, where the future in Portland looks a little bit brighter today, than it did yesterday.

Your GM did right by all parties, Dame on the other hand, was ready to leave his fans in the dust (value wise) so he could get both his money & preference to contend on a non gutted Miami roster. Which they would have had to gut for him, if he didn't purposely lower his value & therein is the tampering.

Understand this logic - Heat claim they had nothing to do with Dame's request out to them, stated publicly over & over that Portland should do right by him & it's not about them or their involvement it;s what he wants.

Portland pressures Dame to expand his list. Sends him to a friends squad which is now a favorite to win & the Heat are mad, why? Is it because Dame got what he requested.. A contender of his choice, which they were championing, telling Portland to do right by.

or

Are Heat mad because they lowered Dame's value for them but a rival, benefited, their tactics. 

Butler - " Hey NBA Bucks tampered with our tampering " lol
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#347 » by Whole Truth » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:14 pm

It was fun even though Dame getting traded to the Bucks hurt the value of my teams picks with them. lol

Good luck Portland.

Big win for small markets that your GM didn't cater to the pressure.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#348 » by Whole Truth » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:21 pm

Norm2953 wrote:I do think most of the board not named Wiz and Case are okay with the deal. Best for Dame/Bucks and
perhaps Portland, who can then enter the next generation Blazers era. Team will be bad in 2023-24 but
if they can add another top 3 pick in perhaps Buzelis, team will finally have length up front with Ayton
and Buzelis

If you accomplish that, NO's would like to give you a player & a pick for Williams.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 553

Post#349 » by Goldbum » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:51 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:I do think most of the board not named Wiz and Case are okay with the deal. Best for Dame/Bucks and
and Buzelis

If you accomplish that, NO's would like to give you a player & a pick for Williams.

Dyson Daniels a pick and matching Salaries works for me. I could see Daniels becoming our starting SF.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#350 » by Whole Truth » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Goldbum wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
and Buzelis

Dyson Daniels a pick and matching Salaries works for me. I could see Daniels becoming our starting SF.

NO's are high on Daniels, not sure if they would part on his upside. The former #8 & a pick seems steep depending on the protections of the pick but I also don't know where Williams value is set at. I'd personally consider it to balance the roster but doubt NO's would feel the same.

On the GB I mentioned Kira, Hawkins & a pick, any interest in that combo?
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#351 » by soxperry » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:08 pm

Hey guys, Dame is about to arrive at Fiserv for his first public appearance as a buck and the turnout is pretty big. Maybe some of you dont care about this but if Giannis ever gets traded i'd probably want to see him get some love from his new fanbase.. so if you want to tune in, here's the link, and if this is unwelcome, feel free to delete.

dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#352 » by dunlop212 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:37 pm

Brings back bad memories of the one PDX threw for Oden.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#353 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:04 pm

soxperry wrote:Hey guys, Dame is about to arrive at Fiserv for his first public appearance as a buck and the turnout is pretty big. Maybe some of you dont care about this but if Giannis ever gets traded i'd probably want to see him get some love from his new fanbase.. so if you want to tune in, here's the link, and if this is unwelcome, feel free to delete.

I get the excitement but down year for the Packers and Brewers maybe contributing to greater interest in the Bucks?
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#354 » by Norm2953 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:39 pm

Love the Milwaukee Bucks for Dame is fits like a glove with them. Hope he wins a couple of
rings with them.

Portland could use a player like Williams for they traded Nurkic who was their only rebounder
last season. Are the Pelicans that much in need for a PF/C?
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#355 » by Whole Truth » Sun Oct 1, 2023 12:02 am

Norm2953 wrote:Love the Milwaukee Bucks for Dame is fits like a glove with them. Hope he wins a couple of
rings with them.

Portland could use a player like Williams for they traded Nurkic who was their only rebounder

Jonas is great value but he's also flawed & matchup dominant. The depth behind him is week. Nance is a PF who plays small ball 5 but also isucceptable to injury if he logs to many minutes at C.

Pels have an issue with rim protection & could use the depth option of a defensive rim runner like Williams to round out the front court.

One injury to Zion & it's trouble for the front court depth & size. Which history has shown, a real possibility..
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,414

Post#356 » by Blazinaway » Sun Oct 1, 2023 12:12 am

Norm2953 wrote:Love the Milwaukee Bucks for Dame is fits like a glove with them. Hope he wins a couple of
rings with them.

Hmmm, Ayton sure looks like a solid rebounder to me as he has never averaged less than 10 rebounds in his career.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#357 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:04 am

Norm2953 wrote:I do think most of the board not named Wiz and Case are okay with the deal. .

how did you arrive at the conclusion I wasn't OK with the deal?
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#358 » by Norm2953 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 3:04 am

Blazinaway wrote:
rings with them.

Hmmm, Ayton sure looks like a solid rebounder to me as he has never averaged less than 10 rebounds in his career.

With Ayton, we'll see soon enough if he will stay motivated to play. Got to keep the big men's happy is what
Billy Ray Bates used to say, so perhaps more touches is all he will need to stay motivated.

It's interesting cruising around the different boards for the Celtics board seems convinced the Jrue trade will come
down on Monday. Jrue should really go to the Celtics for Williams, Brogdon and Pick (s), if they are to compete with
the Bucks for I don't know how much Jrue helps the Sixers, Pacers. Miami might offer up more or less what they offered
for Dame but whoever trades for Jrue, needs him to match up with Dame, which screams for the Celtics.

Clippers could get involved, especially if Portland really likes Kobe Brown and they feel Kawhi/PG will be at
100%
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#359 » by GEE » Sun Oct 1, 2023 4:54 am

Wizenheimer wrote:

venomously anti-Dame[/quote]

:lol: :peace: :lol:
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#360 » by soobias » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:44 am

GEE wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

venomously anti-Dame

:lol: :peace: :lol:[/quote]

yeah im not so sure its anti DAME or just ready to move on from him and that contract

Return to Portland Trail Blazers