Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,363

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#41 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:20 pm

zzaj wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:
zzaj wrote:Jrue Holiday is the smartest PG in the league by a long shot. I can think of NOBODY better to be in Scoot's ear until the deadline.

I love the 2029 pick and the unprotected swaps.

Nurkic for Ayton makes sense for both teams.

I do wish the Blazers would have gotten a young promising player, but given Lillard's age that was probably unrealistic.

Pretty decent trade.

Portland will look over the trade market now and by the trade deadline and will send Jrue where he wants
to go

Which is hella ironic. :lol:

That's what I thought, they wouldn't necessarily trade Dame to where he wanted to go so why would they do it for Jrue.

Highest bidder more likely, especially if they can shake loose some picks.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,394

Post#42 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 pm

red_power wrote:Can't help but enjoy reading again those posts of Miami fans who said in summer "Duncan and Lowry, saves Portland money, thats the current value of now 33 year old Dame."

it was a terrible trade for POR, read reactions online from neutral sources lol

Ayton sucks, he's 25 in his prime and even his drafting team doesnt want him

Jrue is good but he's 33. He won't get you much from a contender, he at the end of his career.

Contenders willing to pay for old guards if they are superstars that get them over the hump (like Miami).... sure as hell won't overpay for someone who doesn't do that.

And which rebuilding team wants to pay that much for an old guard who doesn't fit in their long term plans?

??
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#43 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:22 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
red_power wrote:Can't help but enjoy reading again those posts of Miami fans who said in summer "Duncan and Lowry, saves Portland money, thats the current value of now 33 year old Dame."

Jrue is good but he's 33. He won't get you much, he at the end of his career.

1 frp

??

I first read your post and scratched my head. Then I looked at your username and it all made sense.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#44 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:22 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:we don't need a PG.

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:We have Kyle Lowry.

I see a giant problem with this logic... Like Miami already have an NBA-level player to cover their PG position.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,011

Post#45 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:23 pm

Hope that GSW sees Jrue as a final piece - saw a Warriors fan post this on the T&T board -

Warriors: Jrue
Blazers: CP3 (flexible expiring) / Kuminga / Podz / 26 1st / 27 swap

That type of value coming back for Holiday would make the overall Dame return an A+ in my book.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#46 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

1 frp

??

I first read your post and scratched my head. Then I looked at your username and it all made sense.

Contenders (like Miami) willing to pay for old guards if they are superstars that get them over the hump (like Lillard)....

no contender is going to overpay for someone like Jrue who is just a roleplayer and doesn't do that.

And which rebuilding team wants to pay that much for an old guard who doesn't fit in their long term plans?

it's just common sense. good luck though, horrible trade for POR after all that posturing.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
red_power
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

But it was hilarious to see them saying "We don't want to OVERPAY and BET AGAINST OURSELVES" :lol: :lol:
crazylegs482
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#48 » by crazylegs482 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:30 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

1 frp

??

Contenders (like Miami) willing to pay for old guards if they are superstars that get them over the hump (like Lillard)....

no contender is going to overpay for someone like Jrue who is just a roleplayer and doesn't do that.

it's just common sense. good luck though, horrible trade for POR after all that posturing.

This brings me immense joy to see you that worked up that you come over to the POR board to vent about our player being traded to a different team than yours. I feel so thrilled about everything, the trade, your salt, everything!!
red_power
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:32 pm

mighty_duck wrote:I expect another trade to get value out of Jrue Holiday, either now or by the deadline.

I think Jrue is going to be shipped quickly. Blazers could hold until the trade deadline but Simons... I mean, this team is obliged to unleash this dude and let him show what a tank commander he can be.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,294

Post#50 » by Darthlukey » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Well done on the trade guys. Some decent pieces I think. Might be able to rehab ayton with low expectations on him. And holiday could be a good old head for the young guys or flipped later
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,647

Post#51 » by JRoy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Not sold on Ayton but maybe he turns over a new leaf on a new team.

It was time to move Nurk and Little and Johnson are empty shirts.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#52 » by mighty_duck » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 pm

The fact that Holiday wasn't traded to a fourth team as part of this deal tells me that the main destinations for him are former Dame suitors.
You couldn't shop Jrue to Miami or Toronto without tipping your hand that a deal was going to go down.
Not that it has, I expect those two to be contacted first.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#53 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

1 frp

??

Your team "paid" for Jimmy Butler who is a guard by the way and he's older than Dame. But I love your salty tears. Your team was in the best position possible to get Dame and your team f'd it up due to arrogance. Now you lost out on both Giannis and Dame is one swift move.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#54 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Shem wrote:I first read your post and scratched my head. Then I looked at your username and it all made sense.

Your team "paid" for Jimmy Butler who is a guard by the way and he's older than Dame. But I love your salty tears. Your team was in the best position possible to get Dame and your team f'd it up due to arrogance. Now you lost out on both Giannis and Dame is one swift move.

Giannis? We wanted Dame, not Giannis

you're a victim of the rumor mill where media links Miami to everything for clicks because it gets eyeballs

the media does the same thing with the Lakers. everyone is linked to the Lakers, very little of it is actually true, but high profile teams get eyeball clickbait
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#55 » by mighty_duck » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:45 pm

Shem wrote:Your team "paid" for Jimmy Butler who is a guard by the way and he's older than Dame. But I love your salty tears. Your team was in the best position possible to get Dame and your team f'd it up due to arrogance. Now you lost out on both Giannis and Dame is one swift move.

Not to mention they gave 35 year old Lowry 90 million dollars just a couple of years ago.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,465

Post#56 » by KL78192020 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
zzaj wrote:Jrue Holiday is the smartest PG in the league by a long shot. I can think of NOBODY better to be in Scoot's ear until the deadline.

I love the 2029 pick and the unprotected swaps.

Nurkic for Ayton makes sense for both teams.

I do wish the Blazers would have gotten a young promising player, but given Lillard's age that was probably unrealistic.

Pretty decent trade.

Portland will look over the trade market now and by the trade deadline and will send Jrue where he wants
to go

If he stays, it would be shocking for the team to actually win a bunch.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#57 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
we don't need a PG. We have Kyle Lowry.

What we needed was help on the offensive end, ideally a #1 scoring option.

I hope this makes the rumors of Buddy Hield true, way better contract and way cheaper than what POR was demanding from MIA.

I feel sorry for yall, that a terrible trade after all that posturing lol

Enjoy Kyle Lowry.

it's interesting how easily Cronin and Blazers FO was able to turn fan hatred against innocent parties (another team wanting to trade for a player) instead of the blame being placed on the very FO that failed you as fans in the first place

Enjoy the hating!

Hey, I'm not the one trolling other teams threads...I can only imagine what a non-fail from the Blazer front office would look like according to you. :roll:

FWIW, I really like the trade for Portland. It basically accomplishes everything that they wanted.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#58 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 pm

mighty_duck wrote:
Shem wrote:Your team "paid" for Jimmy Butler who is a guard by the way and he's older than Dame. But I love your salty tears. Your team was in the best position possible to get Dame and your team f'd it up due to arrogance. Now you lost out on both Giannis and Dame is one swift move.

Not to mention they gave 35 year old Lowry 90 million dollars just a couple of years ago.

he misread my post

Miami was willing to pay for Dame, because he's a superstar to get us over hump and finally win (Jimmy-Bam group has never won, unlike Giannis-Middleton group who already won)

but jrue holiday is not a superstar to get anyone over hump, he's a role player. what i was saying is contenders are not going to overpay for Jrue, like they would for Dame

which leaves... what? rebuilding teams have no need to give up valuable assets for a 33 yr old holiday.

especially in the new CBA.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#59 » by zzaj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Lol, taking a quick look at the GB. I must be a solid trade...nobody agrees on the outcomes. lol
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#60 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:49 pm

zzaj wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Enjoy Kyle Lowry.

it's interesting how easily Cronin and Blazers FO was able to turn fan hatred against innocent parties (another team wanting to trade for a player) instead of the blame being placed on the very FO that failed you as fans in the first place

Enjoy the hating!

Hey, I'm not the one trolling other teams threads...I can only imagine what a non-fail from the Blazer front office would look like according to you. :roll:

FWIW, I really like the trade for Portland. It basically accomplishes everything that they wanted.

you guys wanted multiple frp's and young talent

instead you got 1 frp six years from now,
a 33 yr old pg who is a FA next summer,
and an overrated ayton

Dame's cousin said the blazers took a worse deal to spite Dame.

Read on Twitter

Return to Portland Trail Blazers