Jrue Holiday Appreciation Thread

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,329

Re: Jrue Holiday Appreciation Thread 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:20 am

DusterBuster wrote:Man, I really have to give credit to Cronin. My excitement for this season was at a D a week ago. Like a C+ after the Dame trade, but I’m full on A-level stoked to see what this team is now! Basically created a whole team in like a week and a team with actual talent and players on it that seems, on paper, to make a TON of sense together.

I wonder, if Cronin packaged a number of the picks they’ve just got and Brogdon, if that could finally get OG from Toronto? It’s Masai, so the likely answer there is no, but man, what a killer balanced team this would be…

Scoot/Mays
Simons/Sharpe
OG/Thybulle
Grant/Walker
Ayton/Williams

That team, with being healthy, could be a surprise top 6 team in the west.

Masai has been a real wildcard lately. I don't know wtf he's doing aside from maybe he thinks long forwards are pokemon.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#42 » by PDXKnight » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:36 am

Capn'O wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Man, I really have to give credit to Cronin. My excitement for this season was at a D a week ago. Like a C+ after the Dame trade, but I’m full on A-level stoked to see what this team is now! Basically created a whole team in like a week and a team with actual talent and players on it that seems, on paper, to make a TON of sense together.

I wonder, if Cronin packaged a number of the picks they’ve just got and Brogdon, if that could finally get OG from Toronto? It’s Masai, so the likely answer there is no, but man, what a killer balanced team this would be…

Scoot/Mays
Simons/Sharpe
OG/Thybulle
Grant/Walker
Ayton/Williams

Masai has been a real wildcard lately. I don't know wtf he's doing aside from maybe he thinks long forwards are pokemon.

He's playing games listening to offers knowing he's gonna say no before anyone speaks. I wouldn't blame anyone for blacklisting him at this point his asking prices are simply offensive. I'm not convinced he would have done og + trent for Dame straight up in the event portland was that stupid
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,432

Post#43 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Oct 2, 2023 2:56 am

If Boston plays Milwaukee and they’re healthy I think they clear them. Would look weird to see you lose to the guy they traded away for you. Boston had to get Jrue to help with Dame in a potential matchup. That’ll be fun to watch he did amazing against him in 2018
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,329

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:07 am

PDXKnight wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Scoot/Mays
Simons/Sharpe
OG/Thybulle
Grant/Walker
Ayton/Williams

He's playing games listening to offers knowing he's gonna say no before anyone speaks. I wouldn't blame anyone for blacklisting him at this point his asking prices are simply offensive. I'm not convinced he would have done og + trent for Dame straight up in the event portland was that stupid

He is used to ripping everyone off but most of the league has gotten smarter.

Knicks were trying to get OG too. In the past he would have gotten what he wanted from us but his ask was outrageous and we walked away.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#45 » by DusterBuster » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:23 am

GreenRiddler wrote:If Boston plays Milwaukee and they’re healthy I think they clear them. Would look weird to see you lose to the guy they traded away for you. Boston had to get Jrue to help with Dame in a potential matchup. That’ll be fun to watch he did amazing against him in 2018

It’s fun the Blazers basically help craft the early path for an entire conference in like the last 5 days of September.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to Portland Trail Blazers