Trade No One
4%
Other
4%

Total votes: 68

cheesehoff
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline: who is available? 

Post#41 » by cheesehoff » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:26 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:After the PHX game and getting to see all 3 young forwards play legit minutes I am now in the camp of trading not just Grant and Brogdan, but Thybulle as well.

Jettison this idea of the vets being a bridge. Its a bridge to nowhere. Sell them off ASAP - this team is much more watchable when the kids are out there hustling. We will stink either way.

I think thybulle could be useful at the 2 moving forward depending on what other moves are made

I think Matisse is terribly undervalued to most Blazer fans. In a time when it seems people just casually say to ship out anyone over 25 years old, the truth is that only one or two of them will realistically be moved. Of the Brogdon, Grant, Ayton, Simons and Matisse group and who should get traded, I think Simons and Matisse are 1a and 1b as far as keeping around. When you look at contracts, defensive versatility, lockerroom presence and fit moving forward, Matisse is a guy I wouldn't try too hard to move. And honestly, he probably doesn't have a lot of return value in a trade. Ayton first, Grant second (because of return value), Brogdon third, then Ant and Matisse last.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#42 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:25 pm

cheesehoff wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:After the PHX game and getting to see all 3 young forwards play legit minutes I am now in the camp of trading not just Grant and Brogdan, but Thybulle as well.

Jettison this idea of the vets being a bridge. Its a bridge to nowhere. Sell them off ASAP - this team is much more watchable when the kids are out there hustling. We will stink either way.

I think thybulle could be useful at the 2 moving forward depending on what other moves are made

I think Matisse is terribly undervalued to most Blazer fans. In a time when it seems people just casually say to ship out anyone over 25 years old, the truth is that only one or two of them will realistically be moved. Of the Brogdon, Grant, Ayton, Simons and Matisse group and who should get traded, I think Simons and Matisse are 1a and 1b as far as keeping around. When you look at contracts, defensive versatility, lockerroom presence and fit moving forward, Matisse is a guy I wouldn't try too hard to move. And honestly, he probably doesn't have a lot of return value in a trade. Ayton first, Grant second (because of return value), Brogdon third, then Ant and Matisse last.

If you're looking for "return value" Ayton shouldn't be anywhere near your post. He's consistently mentioned in the worst value contracts in the league. He's paid like a superstar but he produces like an average player and hasn't shown much upside despite his age. He also has fit and motor questions that have followed him wherever he's been. There will be no "return" for Ayton until teams start to view him as an expiring deal or he suddenly turns a production corner. If there were a return, it'd almost certainly be worse than the one that the Blazers gave up to get him...which is very telling.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#43 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:35 pm

I know there is bad blood but I would still love to get Jovic.

Grant + Brogdan for Lowry + Jovic + pick

I am really high on Jovic though - value him around a mid-teens FRP.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#44 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:33 pm

With the Pacers adding Siakum, could there be another arms race in the East?

Teams like the Celtics/Bucks would love to add another piece but neither team has anything
of substance to offer
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#45 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:41 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I know there is bad blood but I would still love to get Jovic.

Jovic can't get out of the g-league.

Cronin should lose his job if he did that trade.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#46 » by tester551 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:07 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I know there is bad blood but I would still love to get Jovic.

He's played in each of the last 10-games, averaging ~20 minutes per game. He started 8 of the 10.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jovicni01/gamelog/2024

He's actually been playing decently well. Better than I anticipated from him.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#47 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:32 pm

tester551 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

He's played in each of the last 10-games, averaging ~20 minutes per game. He started 8 of the 10.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jovicni01/gamelog/2024

He's actually been playing decently well. Better than I anticipated from him.

You beat me to it.

In 10 games as a starter he has averaged -

23mpg, 7.7ppg, 5.8rpg, 2.7apg, 109DRTG (Surprisingly good), .42 FG%, .45 3PT% on only 15% USG

His OnCourt is +12.8 and his On/Off is +14 - wildly good (Too good, some has to be due to low minutes - but still a very quality indicator of being a + on the floor).

He would be pretty easily the 3rd best rookie scale prospect on this roster - wouldnt surprise me if he looked like a better prospect than Scoot if given similar MPG on a team as bad as us.

Moot as I dont think MIA would move him at this point.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 553

Post#48 » by Goldbum » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:05 pm

I will be VERY disappointed if we don't grab Koloko off waivers...like very disappointed
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#49 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:46 pm

cheesehoff wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

I'm not sure he's undervalued as much as people want to get some value for him while he still has 1.5, years left on his good value guaranteed contract. He'd be due a reasonable upgrade on his next contract if he continues his level of play, and don't forget that he tried to leave Portland in the offseason (i.e. I'd rather get a first round pick for him than him leave in free agency).
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#50 » by red_power » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:14 am

cheesehoff wrote:I think Matisse is terribly undervalued to most Blazer fans.

I want Blazers to move Matisse because the emergence of Camara and Murray made him completely expendable. At the moment he simply clogs rotation and takes away playing time that could've been assigned to Kris.

With just 1,5 years left on his deal it makes little sense for a tanking team to hang on him.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#51 » by Goldbum » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:38 am

I can imagine a Reath/Matisse package being worth a 1st + to a playoff team. How fantastic would they be in BOS, MIL, MIA or Indy? That's not sourced just my opinion.
Now what IS confirmed is that IND isn't done. They have inquired about Grant to play WITH Siakam. My source says he doesn't think talks will get serious unless Jarace is offered and he has no reason to believe that he will be, but he thinks they are looking for long term pieces.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#52 » by zzaj » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Goldbum wrote:I will be VERY disappointed if we don't grab Koloko off waivers...like very disappointed

He was put into that NBA protocol where he can’t be claimed off of waivers until he’s medically cleared to play. He’s got a blood clot issue…
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#53 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Goldbum wrote:I can imagine a Reath/Matisse package being worth a 1st + to a playoff team. How fantastic would they be in BOS, MIL, MIA or Indy? That's not sourced just my opinion.
Now what IS confirmed is that IND isn't done. They have inquired about Grant to play WITH Siakam. My source says he doesn't think talks will get serious unless Jarace is offered and he has no reason to believe that he will be, but he thinks they are looking for long term pieces.

Reath is a 1 year contract. If we could get a first I'd jump on it
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#54 » by tester551 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:59 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
Goldbum wrote:I can imagine a Reath/Matisse package being worth a 1st + to a playoff team. How fantastic would they be in BOS, MIL, MIA or Indy? That's not sourced just my opinion.

Reath is a 2-way. IF he is traded, the receiving team will want to convert him to a standard contract. Most likely would offer him a 3yr minimum
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#55 » by Goldbum » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm

tester551 wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Reath is a 2-way. IF he is traded, the receiving team will want to convert him to a standard contract. Most likely would offer him a 3yr minimum

This is my understanding too.
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#56 » by Norm2953 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:52 pm

It'd be interesting if Indy did inquire about Grant and was enticed to offer Walker if Portland
offered up picks to get it done,
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#57 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:14 am

Norm2953 wrote:It'd be interesting if Indy did inquire about Grant and was enticed to offer Walker if Portland
offered up picks to get it done,

I don't think I'd add picks to that offer. Maybe he is good but What has he proven up to now to add firsts on top of a serviceable nba starting wing?
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#58 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:39 am

It wouldn't be FRP's that Portland would offer but Jarace is going to be a solid player.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#59 » by Pattycakes » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:54 pm

If we dump Duop Reath and don’t try to keep him around, I don’t even want people complaining about why we can never find reliable big men who are cheap and do their job. He’s literally a perfect asset to keep around.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,785

Post#60 » by Case2012 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:15 am

I've only watched a few games this season, but I do check the box score from time to time. Really confused how reath doesn't get more minutes. From highlights and box scores, it looks like he's a high energy big that looks to score and shoots oyut pretty good. Are they trying to keep his value down by not playing him? Is this incompetence from CB? Are they not playing him because they want to tank? It seems like we get a good big that can score or go off from time to time but they usually get waived like Giles. Can't really see what's getting wrong with their game, but they don't really get many opportunities despite having a big game from time to time. Not just with Portland but every team, like there's other reasons behind it. And if reath is really that good, then move ayton and that contract for whatever and let him start, especially while we're tanking?

As far as all these trades go, I could care less about anyone on this current roster. Everyone should be available, even Sharpe for the right price. The only person I really trust is Mike Schmitz and I'd give him as many picks as possible to work with to find a star. I like Sharpe but don't see him as an all star but obviously I would keep him around unless I was blown away by an offer. I think scoot was a mistake mostly because I didn't want to trade Dame, but I think he's also another Johnny Flynn, mudiay, Dunn and one of the Thomson twins would've been a better pick but I'd still give him as many shots at another star as possible. There's zero chance this team does anything for the next 2-4 years unless we hit really big in the draft anyways so go for it. Getting a good developmental coach would be my second priority because billups has done a very poor job of it so far and he's a trash coach anyways.

Tldr, trade for as many picks as possible for as many chances as we can get to land a sleeper stud in the draft since we have one if the best scouts in the NBA as assistant gm.
Instagram: @casetwelve

Return to Portland Trail Blazers