ImageImage

Free Agency 2023 - Blazers and around the league.

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Re: Free Agency 2023 - Blazers and around the league. 

Post#441 » by zzaj » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:27 pm

I want Kenny Lofton jr! lol
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,642

Post#442 » by JRoy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:27 pm

m0ng0 wrote:What about Nurk, Reath and Badji?

Nurk is fine.

The other two are Garbageman at best.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,561

Post#443 » by zzaj » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:28 pm

Otherwise, Jarrett Allen might be gettable.
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#444 » by m0ng0 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:43 pm

zzaj wrote:I want Kenny Lofton jr! lol

I am soooooooo down with this
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#445 » by mighty_duck » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:23 pm

JRoy wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:What about Nurk, Reath and Badji?

Nurk is fine.

The other two are Garbageman at best.

Reath has an outside chance of making it as a 2nd string center. Our expectations are low - protect the rim, box-out, bump-and-grind against the 5 real centers left in the league, and make wide open layups/dunks/putbacks.

Hassan Whiteside was similarly spending time in China and Lebanon before Miami gave him a chance.
m0ng0
Senior

Post#446 » by m0ng0 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:00 am

Agreed Reath should be signed to some sort of contract, Badji or whatever his name is can pound sand. So we are ok at center assuming Nurk stays?
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,414

Post#447 » by Blazinaway » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:21 am

m0ng0 wrote:Agreed Reath should be signed to some sort of contract, Badji or whatever his name is can pound sand. So we are ok at center assuming Nurk stays?

Badji can play on our G league team, need a LOT of work if even has a chance t make a roster
m0ng0
Senior

Post#448 » by m0ng0 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:01 am

Blazinaway wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:Agreed Reath should be signed to some sort of contract, Badji or whatever his name is can pound sand. So we are ok at center assuming Nurk stays?

Badji can play on our G league team, need a LOT of work if even has a chance t make a roster

That's an option, he just seems so lost. Maybe he can figure it out
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,088

Post#449 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:19 am

I liked Reath better than Badji, he had a better offensive game and could stretch out to the 3-pt line.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#450 » by GEE » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:05 pm

I have seen enough of both Badji and Butler to feel 100% certain they will not impact our roster any time soon, should not be holding roster spots, and are most likely garbage.

Reath, also with 100% certainty, should absolutely be given one of those two roster spots. The kid just just flat out earned it. He was the surprise of the SL for sure. Our draftees played well enough and most things kind of went as expected I think, but Reath really stood out IMO, and EXACTLY what we are currently in the market for.

Walker also improved noticeably and I think he will age well like wine... A Looney 2.0 with very little doubt in my mind. Thought it when I first saw him play... I'm now convinced.

Murray, if he improves like Walker is, might be ready to help quite a bit a year from now. His shot, with that super high release is dangerous (like M.Porter jr's) and his BBIQ and complemetary skills look solid as well. Just raw is all.

That's 3 guys OVER 6'8!!! Can you believe it? But in all seriousness... SIGN REATH! Still praying for a surprise Dame to Brooklyn with Nurkic, getting Simmons, Sharpe and Claxton back. All of a sudden our PF/C rotation begins to take some serious shape, and would be looking quite nice for the future IMO. Dangerous team below:

Simons / Scoot / Mays(or)Rupert
Sharpe / Thybulle / Keon
Grant / Little / Knox
Simmons / Sharpe / Murray
Claxton / Walker / Reath

... along with at least a couple nice FRPs, I would sooo happy to end up with this.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#451 » by Blazers98 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:19 pm

zzaj wrote:Otherwise, Jarrett Allen might be gettable.

Being 25, he can fit our timeframe. Always liked Jarrett Allen.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 554

Post#452 » by Goldbum » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:52 pm

Blazers98 wrote:

I think it would need to be a 4+ team deal to get Allen. The question is really what do they want for him, and is a team that's interested in Herro willing to pay it.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#453 » by Blazers98 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:23 pm

Goldbum wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:

I think it would need to be a 4+ team deal to get Allen. The question is really what do they want for him, and is a team that's interested in Herro willing to pay it.

Good point. They don't need Herro but they desperately need a wing. If they move Mobley over to center, they will then need a PF.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,884

Post#454 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:45 pm

Blazers also need a PF and a C. Not going to find that guy until the 2024 draft
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 554

Post#455 » by Goldbum » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:17 am

If we wanted to contend I wouldn't be even a little interested... but I wonder about Bagley for a couple cast offs? Little + Keon works right now. Bagley has 2 years so if we decide to send Herro to Brooklyn for Simmons +Sharpe + picks , they end at the same time. I feel like Bagley is probably a scrub, but he showed some things in SAC early. I don't think he figures it out but that's okay. This gives us a temporary bridge big until we find one in the draft.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#456 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:05 pm

I am no Little fan but I think Bagley's player archetype is just not made for this league - no defense, no floor spacing, dribbles the rock a ton before shooting - at least Little in theory has the + athlete / 3D archetype that still may develop due to age (Albeit I am not holding my breath).

Not sure I would even trade Keon for Bagley if that even worked salary wise.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#457 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Goldbum wrote:If we wanted to contend I wouldn't be even a little interested... but I wonder about Bagley for a couple cast offs? Little + Keon works right now. Bagley has 2 years so if we decide to send Herro to Brooklyn for Simmons +Sharpe + picks , they end at the same time. I feel like Bagley is probably a scrub, but he showed some things in SAC early. I don't think he figures it out but that's okay. This gives us a temporary bridge big until we find one in the draft.

Taking a swing on Bagley reminds me of when they swung on Thomas Robinson. Even a former lottery Kings pick. I don’t have much faith in Bagley to be in the league after his current contract, but if he’s practically free… and given the Blazers are definitely not in any sort of winning window… sure, why not.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#458 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:06 pm

Blazers98 wrote:
Goldbum wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:

Good point. They don't need Herro but they desperately need a wing. If they move Mobley over to center, they will then need a PF.

I’m not as convinced they wouldn’t want Herro. There’s no guarantee Mitchell stays in Cleveland… still talks he would love to goto New York and no talks of extensions yet in Cleveland. As good a story as Mitchell was for them, he was bad in the playoffs and if they could get his replacement (Herro) while also cashing out on Mitchell to recoup assets vs lose him for nothing… that would be a smart play.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#459 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:34 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Goldbum wrote:If we wanted to contend I wouldn't be even a little interested... but I wonder about Bagley for a couple cast offs? Little + Keon works right now. Bagley has 2 years so if we decide to send Herro to Brooklyn for Simmons +Sharpe + picks , they end at the same time. I feel like Bagley is probably a scrub, but he showed some things in SAC early. I don't think he figures it out but that's okay. This gives us a temporary bridge big until we find one in the draft.

Taking a swing on Bagley reminds me of when they swung on Thomas Robinson. Even a former lottery Kings pick. I don’t have much faith in Bagley to be in the league after his current contract, but if he’s practically free… and given the Blazers are definitely not in any sort of winning window… sure, why not.

And at least Thomas was on a rookie deal. Bagley should be making the BAE at most, probably the vet min.

He is really, really bad. DET fans will tell you that he and Wiseman are pretty much lost causes.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#460 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:19 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

And at least Thomas was on a rookie deal. Bagley should be making the BAE at most, probably the vet min.

He is really, really bad. DET fans will tell you lthat he and Wiseman are pretty much lost causes.

Wiseman had a good end to the year with him and looked good in SL for what that’s worth. I still think Wiseman can be productive.

Bagley tho yeah, I’m out.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers