ImageImage

Free Agency 2023 - Blazers and around the league.

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 554

Re: Free Agency 2023 - Blazers and around the league. 

Post#461 » by Goldbum » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:12 pm

Udoka Azubuike is unsigned and exactly they type of player we could take a flier on.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#462 » by Goldbum » Tue Aug 1, 2023 11:50 am

Goldbum wrote:Udoka Azubuike is unsigned and exactly they type of player we could take a flier on.

Edit:Damn. Suns get Bol and Udoka. This Dame trade ir really gumming up the gears.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#463 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 1, 2023 2:04 pm

Still think we should use the TPE on Garuba.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#464 » by DusterBuster » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:51 pm

Goldbum wrote:
Goldbum wrote:Udoka Azubuike is unsigned and exactly they type of player we could take a flier on.

Edit:Damn. Suns get Bol and Udoka. This Dame trade ir really gumming up the gears.

This is why I stand by my opinion of Crolshey as a bad GM. It's pretty unacceptable imo that he can't walk and chew gum. I understand the Dame trade could drastically change the roster, but that doesn't make it acceptable to still not fill and balance the roster with some depth.

It’s just so painfully clear the management and ownership have zero interest in fielding a coherent team. Basically Crolshey and Jody going to Chauncey and the fans and saying… “here’s a bunch of - stuff? Have fun!”
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#465 » by DusterBuster » Tue Aug 1, 2023 4:57 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Still think we should use the TPE on Garuba do literally anything.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,883

Post#466 » by Norm2953 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 6:15 pm

Isn't the team literally $1.5 million under the tax line?

Presumably they are waiting on the Dame trade to finally get done but it does seem both
Portland/Miami are missing out on the scraps left over

Let's see now that JJJ can now be traded, if the rumored Miami's revised offer(s) finally gets
them over the finish line
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#467 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 1, 2023 6:44 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Goldbum wrote:

This is why I stand by my opinion of Crolshey as a bad GM. It's pretty unacceptable imo that he can't walk and chew gum. I understand the Dame trade could drastically change the roster, but that doesn't make it acceptable to still not fill and balance the roster with some depth.

It’s just so painfully clear the management and ownership have zero interest in fielding a coherent team. Basically Crolshey and Jody going to Chauncey and the fans and saying… “here’s a bunch of - stuff? Have fun!”

Missing on greats like Bol and Udoka is definitely a sign the GM is incompetent.

When a great team like Orlando and Utah cuts a player, its always in the Blazers best interest to ensure we snag them.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#468 » by PDXKnight » Tue Aug 1, 2023 6:49 pm

Marginal signings aren't gonna matter with Dame headed out of town. We need to save our resources for the future hence why I don't like the grant signing
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#469 » by m0ng0 » Tue Aug 1, 2023 7:01 pm

Dude relax, we all know you hate Cronin, but seriously we have no idea if we are going to lose Nurk, signing a bunch of stiffs who can't run or as BB mentioned who get cut by teams with no center is pretty dumb, have patience let this play out.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#470 » by DusterBuster » Tue Aug 1, 2023 7:49 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Goldbum wrote:Edit:Damn. Suns get Bol and Udoka. This Dame trade ir really gumming up the gears.

Missing on greats like Bol and Udoka is definitely a sign the GM is incompetent.

When a great team like Orlando and Utah cuts a player, its always in the Blazers best interest to ensure we snag them.

I don’t care about the individual players, I care about the general inaction as a whole. There’s a difference.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#471 » by DusterBuster » Tue Aug 1, 2023 7:51 pm

PDXKnight wrote:Marginal signings aren't gonna matter with Dame headed out of town. We need to save our resources for the future hence why I don't like the grant signing

Exactly my point. Ok, so you resign vets like Grant and Thybulle, but then just leave glaring holes on the roster from top to bottom.

Right now was the perfect time for value signings similar to what the team did the summer Aldridge left.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#472 » by DusterBuster » Tue Aug 1, 2023 7:55 pm

m0ng0 wrote:Dude relax, we all know you hate Cronin, but seriously we have no idea if we are going to lose Nurk, signing a bunch of stiffs who can't run or as BB mentioned who get cut by teams with no center is pretty dumb, have patience let this play out.

I have patience and have long said I’m fine letting this even go into the season if need be. This isn’t a patience issue, it’s a competency issue. It’s amazing seeing some of the same people who would **** on Olshey going to bat for an equally (if not more so) incompetent and impotent GM like Cronin.

All you are so caught up in the names like Bol Bol. I don’t give a **** about the specific players, I give a **** that they aren’t even going out there and trying to fill out this roster. There are surely some undrafted players worth bringing in, particularly for a FO who’s only real claim to credibility is scouting.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#473 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 1, 2023 7:59 pm

I think the near guarantee that any Dame deal ends up something like 3-for-1 or higher is keeping us from making any roster moves right now. Alot of this is on Dame - his single team request has put us in a holding pattern that likely is relegating the changes of handing out anything close to a guaranteed contract.

I will agree we could have targeted better big man talent for our SL roster - not a fan of a 27 year old 1st year NBA guy on this team and Badji was worse than my wildest dreams could have imagined.

Castleton was my guy and he killed it - and is on LAL. Sucks.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#474 » by DusterBuster » Wed Aug 2, 2023 12:13 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think the near guarantee that any Dame deal ends up something like 3-for-1 or higher is keeping us from making any roster moves right now. Alot of this is on Dame - his single team request has put us in a holding pattern that likely is relegating the changes of handing out anything close to a guaranteed contract.

I will agree we could have targeted better big man talent for our SL roster - not a fan of a 27 year old 1st year NBA guy on this team and Badji was worse than my wildest dreams could have imagined.

Castleton was my guy and he killed it - and is on LAL. Sucks.

I understand the thought of multiple players coming back in a Dame deal, but if the Dame deal doesn’t happen, which according to Windy is a real possibility if the Heat don’t improve the offer to where the Blazers want it, then the Blazers go into the season with a totally nonsensical roster… which I guess, whatever since you’re not trying to win, but you should still have some developmental players at positions of need that you can start growing.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#475 » by DusterBuster » Wed Aug 2, 2023 2:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ytu8_lCpASqsmEN-XvYq2g

Hope this is accurate. This is the kind of move I’ve been looking for and wishing we had seen more of this summer.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#476 » by mighty_duck » Wed Aug 2, 2023 6:02 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ytu8_lCpASqsmEN-XvYq2g

Hope this is accurate. This is the kind of move I’ve been looking for and wishing we had seen more of this summer.

Meh. Badji level scrub.
But no real harm in having a few of these type of guys develop on our G league team.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#477 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Aug 2, 2023 6:20 pm

Queta is much more skilled than Badji but I just dont think he has the movement to survive in the league today.
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#478 » by m0ng0 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 7:47 pm

So quite possibly another knee jerk reaction...WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING !!!!! if Nurk stays I think Reath will be better than past years backup centers.
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#479 » by Goldbum » Thu Aug 3, 2023 10:56 am

I like Queta a little. He would be a great end of bench pickup. Problem is we need a ton of rotation guys not just fliers.
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#480 » by GEE » Sat Aug 5, 2023 11:40 pm

Looking at last year's roster of guys, there are still two players that I wanted to bring back, and I don't think either has signed with another team: Winslow and Knox. In, short, I think Knox played really well when he was out there last year and immmediately made Cam an afterthought for me personally. Winslow seemed to have played the player coach role last year, but he's still fairly young and I'm guessing, now fully healthy.

My hope is that Dame gets moved to Brooklyn, though I'm not sure they want him, but maybe they will end up doing so if the cost is right. From our side, I hope to add some long lengthy player in Simmons, Claxton and Sharpe to our current squad.

The 6 Players I hope we Keep&Add - Claxton/Reath/Simmons/Sharpe/Winslow/Knox

... minus Dame and Nurk.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers