ImageImage

Dame traded to the Bucks!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#81 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:23 pm

I was going to go to the grocery store today to pick up some salt, but I think there's enough in this post to save me a trip.

Read on Twitter
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,394

Post#82 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:24 pm

DiegoChara wrote:We’ll see what we get for Jrue, as that’s obviously a huge component on the final evaluation of the value.

But I wont lie, as much as I always said all I cared about was getting the best possible return for Dame, I can’t deny that deep down I feel happiness that the “we wont negotiate against ourselves” Heat’s hubris came back to bite them.

to be fair though, looking at the return you guys got... were the Heat wrong though?

they were the best offer, and you are mad that they didnt want make it even better, and ultimately took even less out of spite

like, what? Cronin played himself imo
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
DiegoChara
Junior
And1: 409

Post#83 » by DiegoChara » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:24 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe they should have bid against themselves instead of overplaying their “there’s no market for Dame” hand?
Shem
RealGM

Post#84 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
DiegoChara wrote:We’ll see what we get for Jrue, as that’s obviously a huge component on the final evaluation of the value.

But I wont lie, as much as I always said all I cared about was getting the best possible return for Dame, I can’t deny that deep down I feel happiness that the “we wont negotiate against ourselves” Heat’s hubris came back to bite them.

to be fair though, looking at the return you guys got... were the Heat wrong though?

they were the best offer, and you are mad that they didnt want make it even better, and ultimately took even less out of spite

In other news, Miami mayor, Francis Suarez just renamed the city to Cryami.
April 4, 2014:

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#85 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Shem wrote:I was going to go to the grocery store today to pick up some salt, but I think there's enough in this post to save me a trip.

Read on Twitter

i'm surprised how many of ya'll don't care about Dame :o

Dame will be a good soldier and play, but Dame's camp is coming out upset and saying POR took less just to spite Dame.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
DiegoChara
Junior

Post#86 » by DiegoChara » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:26 pm

Shem wrote:I was going to go to the grocery store today to pick up some salt, but I think there's enough in this post to save me a trip.

Read on Twitter

The Great Salt Lake thinks that that tweet is too salty.
Shem
RealGM

Post#87 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Dame will be a good soldier and play, but Dame's camp is coming out upset and saying POR took less just to spite Dame.

Dame seems happy to me. I mean he's teaming up with Giannis. I would be too if I was him.

Read on Twitter
April 4, 2014:

crazylegs482
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#88 » by crazylegs482 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

In other news, Miami mayor, Francis Suarez just renamed the city to Cryami.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,336

Post#89 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 pm

a whole bunch of Miami fans have been arrogant and dismissive of Portland since this first started. Now they are just arrogant, dismissive, and bitter

again...GTFO of the blazer forum and go drown in your bitter miami tears
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,050

Post#90 » by TeamTragic » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Masai and Riley tried to fleece you dudes but Cronin was like **** you :lol:
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,014

Post#91 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

If Tyler Herro was pulling any sort of value around the league Dame might be in MIA. He wasnt and PDX wasnt willing to make a move that gave them like 55M in AV for 2 6th man SG's. And was Riley willing to add Martin to the deal to facilitate the PHX aspect? I doubt it.

PDX didnt leave value on the table. This will be clearly better for them than the MIA package once Holiday is moved. PO teams looking for that push to the next tier will see Holiday, rightfully, as the ideal fit. BOS, GSW, etc. Wait and see.
DiegoChara
Junior

Post#92 » by DiegoChara » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:28 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Are you content with taking back less just to spite Dame and the Heat?

If so… then congrats on your return.

The return right now with Holiday is comparable to the Herro + 2 FRP offer from Miami.

Once we move Jrue there wont be a comparison between the offers.

I am hoping that Cronin comes out and lays what Miami offered on the table.

You do realize that the reason Milwaukee dumped Jrue was because of the comment he made after the playoffs where he said he was retiring after his contract ends. Nobody will give you anything more than 2nd round picks for him for a 1 year rental on a player whos retiring.

I will take that bet. Portland will get at least a first. Probably more.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#93 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Shem wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Dame will be a good soldier and play, but Dame's camp is coming out upset and saying POR took less just to spite Dame.

Dame seems happy to me. I mean he's teaming up with Giannis. I would be too if I was him.

Read on Twitter

Dame was threatened by the NBA to uphold and play for the team he is traded to

but Dame was clear was he not?

and this is Dame's camp over the past hour :

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#94 » by red_power » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Bucks basically paid a 2029 FRP + Grayson Allen to upgrade from Jrue to Dame. That's a really good deal for Milwaukee.

So bro you are basically pissed it's Milwaukee who got Dame while not giving up to much value and not Miami. Right?
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
DiegoChara
Junior

Post#95 » by DiegoChara » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:31 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Read on Twitter

Dame will be a good soldier and play, but Dame's camp is coming out upset and saying POR took less just to spite Dame.

So sorry we sent him to the now heavy championship favorites? Lmao. Reaching so far it’s like Wembanyama wingspan level reach.
Wizenheimer
RealGM

Post#96 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:31 pm

as for the trade...generically, the Blazers got hosed. Compared to what other elite players have been traded for lately, the Blazers got hosed

but it was a much tighter market now in the first year of a new CBA, so I'd say the Blazers did as good as they could, especially considering the suspected collusion between Pat Riley and Dame's agent

I've never been impressed with Ayton; and I'd much rather have Jrue than Ant. But I'm assuming Jrue will bring back more in trade
Shem
RealGM

Post#97 » by Shem » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:31 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:a whole bunch of Miami fans have been arrogant and dismissive of Portland since this first started. Now they are just arrogant, dismissive, and bitter

again...GTFO of the blazer forum and go drown in your bitter miami tears

The city has been renamed Cry-ami!
April 4, 2014:

Wizenheimer
RealGM

Post#98 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:34 pm

personally, I think the moderators should do a little moderating so us Blazer fans can actually discuss the impact of a Dame trade without the sewage being dumped by bitter Miami clowns
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#99 » by Pattycakes » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Read on Twitter

Miami and Dame wanted to play cute and use us as the victim, didn’t work out
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#100 » by Pattycakes » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:personally, I think the moderators should do a little moderating so us Blazer fans can actually discuss the impact of a Dame trade without the sewage being dumped by bitter Miami clowns

Grumpy dude been doing this since the original rumor this is actually a pretty respectful session thus far for em

Return to Portland Trail Blazers