ImageImage

What!!?? No Game Thread!!?? - Blazers @ Nets

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#81 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:22 am

J~Rush wrote:"Joel Pryzbilla is like an onion" -- postgame guys

oh boy...I know I shouldn't ask...but how so?
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#82 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 am

he's smelly and makes the other team cry?
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#83 » by J~Rush » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:NJ's big 3 = 39 pts
Portland big 3 (Roy, LMA, Oden) = 36 pts

Bring on Boston's big 3! They can outscore us, but we will beat them 4 through 12.

:crazy:

:rofl:
e
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#84 » by Mr Odd » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

Milkdud wrote:he's smelly and makes the other team cry?

lol

-

I R ANTI-DRUG!!

Actually im on the Straight Edge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
blazersmaniac8
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#85 » by blazersmaniac8 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 am

Great game. Sorry about complaining about last game, Great balanced attack and even though it had a gritty slow moving game to it but we still put up 99 points. Nice game, bring on boston!
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#86 » by Dakotah612 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:14 am

I'll get the next game thread. I'm out of state on business.

What a great game. Roy's stats don't jump out at you, but he controlled the game. If only Jarrett could play like this consistently.
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#87 » by swede » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:20 am

Man what a lame game to listen to on the radio. Least entertaining win I've heard in awhile. Richard Jefferson is a punk, but I still wish we got him for Z-Bo.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Milkdud
RealGM

Post#88 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 am

RJ's game drives me crazy, I see him drive headlong into defenders and honestly IMO he should be getting a whole lot more damn offensive fouls but he doesn't.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#89 » by J~Rush » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 am

Wizenheimer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

oh boy...I know I shouldn't ask...but how so?

He keeps unveiling more and more layers. :-?
e
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#90 » by mojomarc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:43 am

J~Rush wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He keeps unveiling more and more layers. :-?

I thought it was because his buries his head in the ground....
eternalvendetta
Sophomore

Post#91 » by eternalvendetta » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:46 am

I just got back from the game. I was like the only Blazers fan in my area, which was fun. :D

It was a pretty boring game, as the game wasn't really close after the first quarter. The Blazers executed very well for the most part, with the exception of a couple shot clock violations. It seemed like a lot of possessions ending up as wide open threes for the shooters. Good stuff.

Brandon Roy was fairly passive throughout the game despite ending on stellar 7-10 shooting, but he did have a nice crossover and stepback J on VC. Just another day at the office for hopefully the Blazers' first all-star in a while.

Aldridge rebounded well from his subpar game yesterday, showing a variety of nice post-up moves and his sweet spot-up J. He'll be great once he packs on just a little more weight to bang inside and go to the charity stripe more often.

The player that stood out today was obviously Jarrett Jack. He was aggressive driving to the hoop, and he only made a few bone-headed plays, like taking Channing Frye's pick too early which caused Frye to pick up the offensive foul. It's clear that Jack can be a solid asset to the team when he produces like he did tonight. The problem is just him bringing it consistently.

One last observation is that Travis Outlaw doesn't seem to like passing the ball once he gets it. When the ball is swung to him, you can almost be sure that he's going to put it up. That was slightly annoying.

Overall, it was a solid team effort by the Blazers tonight. It's refreshing seeing a young group of guys doing well playing team basketball. It should hopefully be a competitive game when the team visits the Garden in a few days. :clap:

EDIT: Jason Kidd played really good D on Roy when he was on him. They should have left him on Roy all game. They just need to work on their offensive sets or something so Kidd isn't taking so many off-balance shots, which almost never go in. He shouldn't be taking anything but set shots. Also, I liked the on-ball D I saw from Darrell Armstrong. He's pretty feisty still despite being eligible for an AARP membership. :)
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#92 » by mojomarc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 am

eternalvendetta wrote:One last observation is that Travis Outlaw doesn't seem to like passing the ball once he gets it.

Understatement of the year! :D
Milkdud
RealGM

Post#93 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:52 am

Its pretty clear to me Jack is far better suited off the bench, I think Nate has pretty much told him to come in and drive to the hoop.

edit: Outlaw is the master of making his shots way harder then they need to be and still putting them down.
Case in point in tonights game: Outlaw got the ball about 3 steps in from the 3point line and was wide open. He decides to drive and his defender goes past him a bit trying to recover from Outlaw being open in the first place. So Outlaw takes one step past his defender then takes a step back and shoots a fade-away jumper that goes in. I mean he makes the shot but he pass up a wide open jumper, and a wide open drive to take a fade-away jumper with the defender guarding him.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#94 » by Yadadimean » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:50 am

swede wrote:Man what a lame game to listen to on the radio. Least entertaining win I've heard in awhile. Richard Jefferson is a punk, but I still wish we got him for Z-Bo.

lol yea. I'm very happy with the win, but blowouts are terrible to listen to on the radio.
AZ BLAZER
Starter

Post#95 » by AZ BLAZER » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:54 am

eternalvendetta wrote:EDIT: Jason Kidd played really good D on Roy when he was on him. They should have left him on Roy all game. They just need to work on their offensive sets or something so Kidd isn't taking so many off-balance shots, which almost never go in. He shouldn't be taking anything but set shots. Also, I liked the on-ball D I saw from Darrell Armstrong. He's pretty feisty still despite being eligible for an AARP membership. :)

I know you are joking, but all ages are eligible. If not it would be age discrimination! :lol:
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,990

Post#96 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 am

I refuse to read the whole thread because I don't want to but this was a phenomonela game by the whole team. Joel LaMarcus, and Frye pwned.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:53 am

Best line I've seen about the game, from a poster who shall remain anonymous:

You'd think it was the Nets who were on the road, coming off a 2 OT loss...

The mark of maturity, my friends...
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect

Post#98 » by UGotThrilled » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 am

Wow, it was nice to win a game where I wasnt extremely stressed the whole time.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#99 » by BlackMamba » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 pm

well, nice 1st and 4th quarter.

and good D, the nets shot 34%!!!!

the problem, again, is that the nets had 15 offensive rebounds!

1-1
Blazermark!
Ballboy

Post#100 » by Blazermark! » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Lets keep this road intensity up in Boston! I think we can beat the Celts!
GO BLAZERS!!!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers