ImageImage

Dame requests a trade.

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Dame requests a trade. 

Post#1 » by m0ng0 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 4:49 pm

**sorry just trying to consolidate, as it's confusing reading 3 threads about the same thing.**

What do we do with him? He wants Miami, so we trade him to Miami or listen to offers from anybody? Would that be disloyal of us to not "Grant" him his wish?

When can he be traded? I was told it could not be until January? What happened there?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,644

Re: Dame requests a trade. 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Sat Jul 1, 2023 4:51 pm

It’s time.

Let’s this show on the road
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jul 1, 2023 4:57 pm

m0ng0 wrote:**sorry just trying to consolidate, as it's confusing reading 3 threads about the same thing.**

What do we do with him? He wants Miami, so we trade him to Miami or listen to offers from anybody? Would that be disloyal of us to not "Grant" him his wish?

When can he be traded? I was told it could not be until January? What happened there?

He can be traded in a little over a week. The rule iirc is one year after receiving an extension which occurred last July.
We should try and accommodate him but should not accept an offer far below what another team offers. I would suggest Miami find a taker for Herro and include those assets along with whatever else that they have to offer.
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#4 » by red_power » Sat Jul 1, 2023 4:59 pm

What Miami can offer is a complete crap. I don't expect him to be traded before August or September at earliest.. There is no reason to push things considering the circumstances for this team.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#5 » by Sinobas » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:11 pm

No bad feelings. Dame has a few more years of prime left, and I don't begrudge the guy wanting to spent the last years of his career on a contending team. This will end up being a good move for the franchise in the long term. Get something for him to aid the rebuild rather than a 36 year old Lillard making 60 mil.

But this makes the Grant signing a bit more confusing.

I just hope Cronin gets a decent haul. Flip Herro to a 3rd team in exchange for a big man. Like Herro to the Jazz in exchange for Markkanen and picks.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#6 » by Pattycakes » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:14 pm

Sinobas wrote:No bad feelings. Dame has a few more years of prime left, and I don't begrudge the guy wanting to spent the last years of his career on a contending team. This will end up being a good move for the franchise in the long term. Get something for him to aid the rebuild rather than a 36 year old Lillard making 60 mil.

But this makes the Grant signing a bit more confusing.

I just hope Cronin gets a decent haul. Flip Herro to a 3rd team in exchange for a big man. Like Herro to the Jazz in exchange for Markkanen and picks.

It’s as perfect timing as it gets. Despite what many people think out there, I think we can get a return pretty similarly to what we would have gotten several years ago as several teams can easily STRONGLY outbid Miami, it’s gonna have to come together. I guess several teams involved maybe even Harden gets included and rerouted in same deal.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:16 pm

Good. Crolshey **** the bed and this is what should happen. Get whatever value you can and let’s restart this.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Dangeruss
Senior
And1: 96

Post#8 » by Dangeruss » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:16 pm

The funny thing about Dame “favoring” Miami is it gives us some leverage with other teams. Just depends on if there’s an offer enticing enough to screw dame over….which isn’t ideal, but you don’t turn down diamonds because of sentiment.

Otherwise, we need a 3rd team in my opinion.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#9 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:17 pm

JRoy wrote:It’s time.

Let’s this show on the road

Same feeling here.

Honestly feel like this is what Crolshey wanted. He literally didn’t even try this summer to do what he said. Feels like this is the outcome he wanted despite everything he said publicly.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#10 » by jhern87 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:18 pm

Getting 3-4 first rounders from Miami starting in 2-3 years sure wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Dame and Jimmy will be too old to seriously compete and those could all possibly be top 10 picks. With the way the new CBA really increases the value of guys on their rookie deals, those could be quite the assets when Scoot and Shaedon start to hit their stride.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#11 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:20 pm

Brooklyn can offer the best in my eyes maybe the knicks as well. Let Dame choose a few preferred destinations and do him that solid. That's doing him a favor still as we aren't sending him to a bottom feeder
Blazers98
Junior

Post#12 » by Blazers98 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:20 pm

Yes, love Dame and all he has done for the team.
I am completely mystified as to why we would sign Grant for that completely outrageous contract.
We massively overpaid a player that is not on our new timeline.
Very dumb move.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#13 » by Sinobas » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:21 pm

This makes the moves from yesterday even more perplexing. If we know we're shedding Dame's massive contract, what was the point of sluffing off Eubanks and Watford? Do the Blazers already have a trade lined up that would require their roster spots?
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#14 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:21 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Good. Crolshey **** the bed and this is what should happen. Get whatever value you can and let’s restart this.

Ironically it worked our well sort of. We needed to move on from Dame even if incompetence is what was the Instigator at least we got there. Hopefully he isn't incompetent at dealing a superstar as him running this show scares me
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,990

Post#15 » by Tim Lehrbach » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:26 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,644

Post#16 » by JRoy » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:28 pm

Blazers98 wrote:Yes, love Dame and all he has done for the team.
I am completely mystified as to why we would sign Grant for that completely outrageous contract.
We massively overpaid a player that is not on our new timeline.
Very dumb move.

Agreed.

Wonder if they were working on a SnT and it fell through.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#17 » by mojomarc » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:33 pm

Not surprised, but was really hoping we could put things together for him to retire a Blazer. That said, when we traded Clyde to Houston it was probably a year too late. I think this is probably not a bad time to demand the moon since he just had his best statistical year ever. Call me crazy here, but with Scoot and Shaedon, but if Philly is blowing it up maybe there is a three way that sends out a combination of Dame, Nurk and Anfernee and brings back Embiid.

And no, I haven't played with the trade machine or anything else, so if this is completely impossible for cap reasons or value reasons I honestly don't care. I can dream, can't I?
Blazers98
Junior

Post#18 » by Blazers98 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:43 pm

Miami we get Herro who does not fit for us and I'm not sure if we could flip him for anything good.
Nets-hopefully we get Claxton a good young center.
76ers- Maxey does not fit but I love his game. We could send out Ant and keep Maxey.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#19 » by Jsun947 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:51 pm

Miami Out: Lowry, Herro, Jovic, 2024 1st, 2025 Swap, 2027 Swap, 2028 1st, 2029 Swap, 2030 1st
Miami In: Dame, Nurkic

Toronto Out: TPE (Via S&T with Houston)
Toronto In: Lowry

SAS Out: Graham, Future Protected 1st (Atlanta or Chicago)
SAS In: Herro

Portland Out: Dame, Nurkic
Portland In: Graham, Jovic, Miami 2024 1st, Miami 2025 Swap, Miami 2027 Swap, Miami 2028 1st, Miami 2029 Swap, Miami 2030 1st, Future Protected Atlanta or Chicago pick via SAS

That would put us roughly $38,000,000 under the cap right now. We could make RFA offers for players like Reaves, Grant, etc because why the hell not or we could trade for short term salary for draft assets.

Before the deadline we could trade Grant for expirings and draft assets, I think Philly would be an example of a perfect destination for this idea. We could have as much as $90,000,000 in salary cap space next offseason to rinse and repeat taking on contracts for draft assets again. 2026 is looking to be an excellent class and I'd really like to get a high pick that season. Flagg and Boozer would be optimal to pair with Scoot & Sharpe
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,884

Post#20 » by Norm2953 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 5:54 pm

Solicit trade offers from the 4-5 teams that are the most motivated to trade for Dame.

Inform Dame they have 4-5 teams that presented the team with an offer the team could
accept and he can either agree to one of these teams now, or he'll have to wait as long
as necessary, to go to Miami.

Waiting is Portland's best option and if this takes all summer and into the start of the season,
so be it, especially if the offers most center on future picks/swaps which doesn't help Portland
in 2023-24 anyway.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers