And1: 4,940

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#361 » by Moonbeam » Sun Oct 1, 2023 1:14 pm

soobias wrote:
GEE wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

venomously anti-Dame

:lol: :peace: :lol:

yeah im not so sure its anti DAME or just ready to move on from him and that contract[/quote]

No, there were several posts that were outrageously conspiratorial and nonsensical that were completely denigrating Dame’s character long before the trade request.
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#362 » by RoyalWun » Sun Oct 1, 2023 1:15 pm

As a Dame fan, I'm actually happy for him and prefer Milwaukee over the other rumored teams in Toronto/Chicago/Miami/etc.

He's said over and over that he loves it in Portland, but you can't be mad at dude for wanting to win something. With the Scoot pick, I think it was pretty clear that they were planning for the future.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,940

Post#363 » by Moonbeam » Sun Oct 1, 2023 1:16 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
wco81 wrote:Hmm looks like you guys are mostly down on how Lillard is leaving the Blazers.

Wonder what the larger fan base thinks.

No doubt there will be a video tribute when the Bucks visit Portland and he should get a big standing ovation?

keep in mind that there are 3 or 4 posters here who have been anti-Dame for years; and not just anti-Dame, in a couple of cases venomously anti-Dame

obviously, the work of Dame's agent rankled a lot of people. I'm a big Dame fan and it rankled me. (and I think the Blazer F.O. was a lot more than just rankled; rumors are out there Portland filed a grievance against Miami. whether or not that's true, I don't know but it's pretty clear Pat Riley is a snake)

so there is a lot of momentum behind trying to blame Dame for the entire situation. I think the reality is that Dame has fault, and is accountable for a lot of it, and the same is true for Cronin. I have no doubt at all that Dame came away from conversations with Cronin believing the Blazers were going to trade one of their draft picks for help; either the 7th pick last year or the 3rd pick this year. And Dame felt misled when it didn't happen

that's not to say Cronin should have traded either pick or that he guaranteed to Dame he would....just that Dame believed he would

in any event, water under the bridge. Portland did about as good as they could do and Dame is on a contender. I have little doubt a vast majority of Blazer fans will be rooting for Dame in Milwaukee

I definitely will be rooting for Dame in Milwaukee and rooting for Portland to put together a decent team. It’s going to be very odd watching Portland next year, but I am all aboard the Scoot train.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,086

Post#364 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Oct 1, 2023 5:10 pm

I'm still a Lillard fan. Had the Blazers attempted to put a team around him, he would still be here. They didn't and they put him in a position to ask out. The Blazers didn't want the fans to turn against them by just outright trading him and they wanted to go with a youth movement. I don't think either side handled the situation all that well, but I can't blame Lillard for wanting an opportunity to win a championship. I also can't blame the Blazers for wanting to start over. I hope Lillard and Giannis just crush it together.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,081

Post#365 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 1, 2023 6:04 pm

Overall a very good haul imo.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,043

Post#366 » by DusterBuster » Sun Oct 1, 2023 6:34 pm

Capn'O wrote:Overall a very good haul imo.

Yep, feeling great that the Blazers got superstar trade value back for their superstar
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,414

Post#367 » by Blazinaway » Sun Oct 1, 2023 6:42 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:I'm still a Lillard fan. Had the Blazers attempted to out a team around him, he would still be here. They didn't and they put him in a position to ask out. The Blazers didn't want the fans to turn against them by just outright trading him and they wanted to go with a youth movement. I don't think either side handled the situation all that well, but I can't blame Lillard for wanting an opportunity to win a championship. I also can't blame the Blazers for wanting to start over. I hope Lillard and Giannis just crush it together.

Just so glad this nightmare summer is over and it ended so well for Por with the haul we got and Dame will play for a championship with Giannis, ugly for months but ended well for all!
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,086

Post#368 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Oct 1, 2023 6:51 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:I'm still a Lillard fan. Had the Blazers attempted to out a team around him, he would still be here. They didn't and they put him in a position to ask out. The Blazers didn't want the fans to turn against them by just outright trading him and they wanted to go with a youth movement. I don't think either side handled the situation all that well, but I can't blame Lillard for wanting an opportunity to win a championship. I also can't blame the Blazers for wanting to start over. I hope Lillard and Giannis just crush it together.

Just so glad this nightmare summer is over and it ended so well for Por with the haul we got and Dame will play for a championship with Giannis, ugly for months but ended well for all!

Agreed
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Post#369 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:19 pm

Something else to consider. Cronin signed GP2 as a free agent and when it didn't work out managed to get FIVE second round picks for him. So Cronin has added three firsts, two first swaps and five seconds in less than a year. That's quite a warchest of picks to use to build around Scoot, Sharpe and Ayton.
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

Post#370 » by valleyman33 » Sun Oct 1, 2023 7:42 pm

Hey Heat Fans, still think you had the best offer! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think Cronin just pulled off a couple of great deals!
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,123

Post#371 » by Effigy » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:12 pm

valleyman33 wrote:Hey Heat Fans, still think you had the best offer! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think Cronin just pulled off a couple of great deals!

I can assure you, they still think that, lol.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,875

Post#372 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:16 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
It would be pretty amusing if Dame ended up in Toronto and OG in Phoenix, effectively strengthening two teams in direct competition.

I made this last week a couple days ahead of the trade when it was clear Miami wasn't giving their best offer.

I guess I dreamed too small on the amusement scale.
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#373 » by soobias » Sun Oct 1, 2023 10:52 pm

oh wow i didnt know we traded jrue lol, now if we can get a small/power foward back for brogden that'll be a good haul.

either way im happy i also think dame is going to go crazy this year where he's going to have a lot more open looks.they just might win the chip this year. imo its between them and the cetics both teams we made stronger while sticking it to miami in the meanwhile.
i guess its safe to say riley got croninSLAPPED. :lol:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#374 » by PDXKnight » Sun Oct 1, 2023 11:06 pm

This is looking acceptable and quite a bit more than expected. We have 5 picks for Dame in the best case scenario or at least 3 in the worst. Thats a haul I can live with and if we pull off another first for brogdon we really got what we should've for Dame.

Ayton was in the books before the dame trade so i exclude that. Robert Williams Is a total crap shoot but definitely worth a roll of the dice even with the injury risk. His contract is a bargain and won't hurt us, feels like we are setting up for summer of 2026 whether it's re signing our core or an addition via trade or free agency
soobias
Pro Prospect

Post#375 » by soobias » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:05 am

hey MIAMI fans come back.....
i wanna hear again how we screwed up and how the miami pkg was better than anything we could get :crazy: :nonono: 8-) :lol: :rofl:
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#376 » by Blazers98 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 3:11 am

Both the Bucks and Celtics are clear favorites in the East.
Miami is still a good team ...maybe 3-5. But could have been 1st with Dame.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,348

Post#377 » by Shem » Mon Oct 2, 2023 6:59 am

Watch the first minute and 30 seconds of this video. Talk about a meltdown!!!

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
soobias
Pro Prospect

Post#378 » by soobias » Mon Oct 2, 2023 9:49 am

Shem wrote:Watch the first minute and 30 seconds of this video. Talk about a meltdown!!!

lmao now i see why heat fans act the way they do, that guy thinks cronin was the problem but because he didnt get his prize that cronin didnt do right by dame and the blazers llol. imo thats the problem with media and social media and some people in general is that most people cant admit when they're wrong or they made a bad choice.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,927

Post#379 » by Fotis St » Mon Oct 2, 2023 10:29 am

Norm2953 wrote:Love the Milwaukee Bucks for Dame is fits like a glove with them. Hope he wins a couple of
rings with them.

Portland could use a player like Williams for they traded Nurkic who was their only rebounder
last season. Are the Pelicans that much in need for a PF/C?

As a Bucks fan, I am happy Portland got alot back for your superstar. I hope Dame wins a ring with us and I hope your rebuild goes perfect and he comes back and wins one for you too. Good luck guys.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,043

Post#380 » by DusterBuster » Mon Oct 2, 2023 10:53 am

soobias wrote:
Shem wrote:Watch the first minute and 30 seconds of this video. Talk about a meltdown!!!

lmao now i see why heat fans act the way they do, that guy thinks cronin was the problem but because he didnt get his prize that cronin didnt do right by dame and the blazers llol. imo thats the problem with media and social media and some people in general is that most people cant admit when they're wrong or they made a bad choice.

Yeah, South Beach sports media is kind of a selfish full-tile homer cesspool. Sports fans consuming that daily will definitely cause severe brain rot.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to Portland Trail Blazers