ImageImage

Dame traded to the Bucks!

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Re: Dame traded to the Bucks! 

Post#421 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:56 am

"According to sources who witnessed Tuesday’s events, Griffin wrapped up the shootaround and called the team together for a huddle to close out the day and let the players get to post-shootaround shooting drills. During that huddle, Griffin informed the coaches that he wanted to have a separate huddle with them once they wrapped things up.

When the players and coaches broke the huddle, Stotts went in the opposite direction of the coaches’ huddle and instead started walking toward players to discuss the offense. As Stotts attempted to start a conversation with Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo, Griffin called to Stotts to join the coaching huddle. When Stotts asked for some time with the players, Griffin yelled for Stotts to join the coaches’ huddle. The incident occurred in front of the entire team, those sources said.
"

https://theathletic.com/4977527/2023/10/19/terry-stotts-bucks-assistant-leaving/

sometimes, all it takes is one incident to sink a relationship
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,869

Post#422 » by Norm2953 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:09 am

I do wonder if the Dame we all thought we knew is the same guy he is in 2023.

One would think if Dame truly wanted Stotts and he managed to get Giannis' support,
it would be Griffin who would have resigned. This might not be over for if Milwaukee
for some reason struggles out of the gate, teams have been known to whack their HC
for the HC their players wanted
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#423 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:53 am

Norm2953 wrote:I do wonder if the Dame we all thought we knew is the same guy he is in 2023.

One would think if Dame truly wanted Stotts and he managed to get Giannis' support,
it would be Griffin who would have resigned. This might not be over for if Milwaukee
for some reason struggles out of the gate, teams have been known to whack their HC

I'm sorry, Norm, but what kind of nonsense take is that? Dame, who is paired up with the best player he's ever been with, on a new team in a new city, with his best chance ever, is suppose to try to get into a political personnel fight? For a guy who resigned after an incident two days ago?

Come on.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,018

Post#424 » by DusterBuster » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:54 am

DusterBuster wrote:
wco81 wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:What do you make of Terry Stotts resigning as Assistant Coach of the Milwaukee Bucks? Did he and/or Lillard have any issues with one another? I thought they got along or maybe I just never heard of any issues they might have had with one another. Very odd. I thought that would be a good reconciliation.

GEE wrote::o Weird. Did I read correctly in that Stotts just joined the Bucks coaching staff this' off-season? Can't wait for the comments from both Dame and Terry on this, cause you know they're comin'. Will be interesting to see how long it is before he land another good job.

Makes sense that Stotts would have joined the Bucks staff this off season since they have a new HC now.

So it has to be something Dame expressed, unless Stotts felt uncomfortable for some reason and decided to resign on his own.

Stotts hasn't gotten any nibbles for any HC job. So this would have been his first coaching job after Portland?

I've seen him on NBA TV and I would imagine he could make a lot more as an assistant, especially the "assistant HC" that some teams have, who usually manages games if the regular HC is out for some reason.

So maybe this isn't a "mutual" parting of the ways nor was it when he departed Portland.

I wonder if it was also Stotts looking out for Griffin as a rookie head coach. If the Bucks have a rocky start and the Dame/Giannis thing isn't working right out of the gates or they hit a long skid of games, the national media is going to start talking about if they should fire Griffin and promote Stotts real fast. Terry doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would want to do that to a rookie coach or be a distraction.

Swing and a miss!
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#425 » by Norm2953 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:18 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:I do wonder if the Dame we all thought we knew is the same guy he is in 2023.

I'm sorry, Norm, but what kind of nonsense take is that? Dame, who is paired up with the best player he's ever been with, on a new team in a new city, with his best chance ever, is suppose to try to get into a political personnel fight? For a guy who resigned after an incident two days ago?

Come on.

I've watched a lot of games since the 70's, nothing surprises me with these million dollar athletes.

Most likely its more Griffin who is a rookie HC under a lot of pressure overreacting but Stotts is not the first
HC who had to take a step back to AC. At least the situation in Milwaukee is someone's else's problem.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,084

Post#426 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks for all of the insight into the situation. I didn't think there was any bad blood between Stotts and Lillard. Kind of odd that Griffin told the coaches to stick around and Stotts wandered off with the players. I've just not heard of someone being hired and "leaving" all in the same summer. Just an odd situation.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Post#427 » by PDXKnight » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:13 am

Dame killing it tonight
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#428 » by Moonbeam » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:21 am

PDXKnight wrote:Dame killing it tonight

Yeah, it was bittersweet seeing him do his thing down the stretch and ensure Milwaukee won the game. I'm happy for him that he's in a spot where he can really contend. I just wish it was in Portland.
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#429 » by RTG HD » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:28 am

Yeah I think Dame is going to keep killing it all season. Based on how we played against the Clippers I think we made the right move though. Dame can't can't be expected to win by himself.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#430 » by monopoman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:30 am

Moonbeam wrote:

Yeah, it was bittersweet seeing him do his thing down the stretch and ensure Milwaukee won the game. I'm happy for him that he's in a spot where he can really contend. I just wish it was in Portland.

I wish we would have tried to get him some real help like 5 years ago but unfortunately our **** GM didn't think so. Olshey really did jack **** in getting Lillard the proper team the entire time he was here.

Imagine if we would have traded for Kawhi or some other true star back then.

I also will point out before Paul Allen died he would have paid any tax to keep together a great team. So even if we had the most expensive roster in the NBA by a big margin he would have shrugged.
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#431 » by Norm2953 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:42 am

It does appear Portland fans have accepted how it turned out.

It makes me wonder where the Miami fans heads are for Dame would be a member of the
Heat, if they had offered from day 1, what they could offer for Dame
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#432 » by PDXKnight » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:42 am

monopoman wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

I wish we would have tried to get him some real help like 5 years ago but unfortunately our **** GM didn't think so. Olshey really did jack **** in getting Lillard the proper team the entire time he was here.

I also will point out before Paul Allen died he would have paid any tax to keep together a great team. So even if we had the most expensive roster in the NBA by a big margin he would have shrugged.

The crazy part is 1 game in bucks fans are already saying it's dames team
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#433 » by PDXKnight » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:45 am

I'm curious who Dame was defending but based on point totals I'd guess Maxey.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,018

Post#434 » by DusterBuster » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:59 am

PDXKnight wrote:
monopoman wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

They’re just understandably excited.

But yeah, I have to wonder too if Paul was healthier during his final years and could have had the free time to focus on less important things, if he wouldn’t have fired Olshey after he didn’t do anything.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#435 » by monopoman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:14 am

PDXKnight wrote:
monopoman wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

Bucks have struggled a bit in closing games, they are the type of team that can easily build a big lead and win a lot of games that way. Though if you ask Bucks fans and the closing minutes can really hurt them in a close game like this, Lillard is what their team has needed for a long time.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#436 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:21 am

Didn’t see the game but how did he get 17 FTs?
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,341

Post#437 » by Shem » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Dame goes off for 39 and the Heat fans are crying about it! :lol:
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#438 » by Norm2953 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:48 pm

It's amusing to read Portland is still being mentioned with the arguments over James Harden,
for they apparently were offered Terence Mann in trade discussions with Jrue Holiday.

I don't know where Mann is such a hot trade commodity for he averaged 8.8 PPG in 2023 and
would think Boston's offer blew any Clippers offer out of the water
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#439 » by m0ng0 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:45 am

25 minutes NO points
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#440 » by m0ng0 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:03 pm