ImageImage

Toumani Camara

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,870

Re: Toumani Camara 

Post#41 » by Norm2953 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:15 pm

Camara seems to have a leg up on FRP Kris Murray in the early season.

It'll be interesting to see how Murray and Rupert will play when the Remix begins play
on November 10 for its likely they will get sent down to get PT
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

Post#42 » by Red Robot » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:35 pm

Sinobas wrote:Camara is still a bit of an anomaly, because he look good to the eye test, he makes impressive plays, but his actual stats are abysmal. I think this is due to small sample size. But we've had players that impressed with their high energy but it was a bit of a miarage (think Thomas Robinson).

The flip side of the poor boxscore stats is that he has the best +/- on the team. You're right that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves though.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Post#43 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:49 pm

Red Robot wrote:
Sinobas wrote:Camara is still a bit of an anomaly, because he look good to the eye test, he makes impressive plays, but his actual stats are abysmal. I think this is due to small sample size. But we've had players that impressed with their high energy but it was a bit of a miarage (think Thomas Robinson).

The flip side of the poor boxscore stats is that he has the best +/- on the team. You're right that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves though.

Camera gives me more Wes Matthews vibes than T Rob, gritty player that finds ways to impact the game. You can be high energy but not really get the game, but the game is slow for Camera and he is in the right places at the right times. He wont be a stat stuffer type player but the kind of glue guy that coaches love out there.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 315

Post#44 » by HoopsFanAZ » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:35 am

The moment doesn’t look too big for Camara … that moment being they’re not expected to win much. Camara — like all the young forwards — can use a couple years to handle the physical play. But when Scottie Barnes tried to ram into him, he ran into a wall. Dude seems strong.

All 4 have a legit shot at long careers. Are any of them eventual starters? Of quality? Maybe.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#45 » by FlyingArrow » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:34 pm

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,553

Post#46 » by zzaj » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:23 pm

Camara looks like one of those players that will relish a role and have no issues sticking to playing role, which the Blazers desperately need. He did a great job against Cade the other night.

I look forward to tracking his progress. I consider him already as good as Little...hopefully injuries aren't the same issue.
DC_Melo
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,372

Post#47 » by DC_Melo » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:58 am

He may have just played his way into the starting line up tonight.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers