ImageImage

Where's Jrue Go?

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Where's Jrue Go? 

Post#1 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:58 pm

Let's get some ideas on paper before he's moved!

Boston seems high on the list. He would be a perfect fit after they lost Smart. They have some picks, plus Brogdon and Robert Williams for Jrue works.

Heat for Lowry and Martin - but have to imagine Blazers and Heat aren't gonna be on speaking terms rn lol. I don't think Riley's ego can take trading for Jrue at this point.

Dallas, Tim Hardaway Jr and Holmes? Think they're tapped out on picks.

Chicago? Blazers pick back plus one more, then Lonzo's salary and Patrick Williams + Drummond for filler to make deal work?

Sixers? Maybe a 3 team deal that finally gets Harden moved, Jrue back to Sixers and stuff from 3rd team to Portland? Don't think Morey would consider that enough.

Brooklyn? Simmons and 2 picks for Jrue?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Re: Where's Jrue Go? 

Post#2 » by Pattycakes » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:01 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Let's get some ideas on paper before he's moved!

Boston seems high on the list. He would be a perfect fit after they lost Smart. They have some picks, plus Brogdon and Robert Williams for Jrue works.

Heat for Lowry and Martin - but have to imagine Blazers and Heat aren't gonna be on speaking terms rn lol. I don't think Riley's ego can take trading for Jrue at this point.

Chicago? Blazers pick back plus one more, then Lonzo's salary and Patrick Williams + Drummond for filler to make deal work?

Sixers? Maybe a 3 team deal that finally gets Harden moved, Jrue back to Sixers and stuff from 3rd team to Portland? Don't think Morey would consider that enough.

Nets deal tends to be most understandable imo but they’re talking like Simmons is their new pg of future rofl
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#3 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:06 pm

Pattycakes wrote:

Nets deal tends to be most understandable imo but they’re talking like Simmons is their new pg of future rofl

I wonder if all this Simmons talk publicly is just to pump up his value, less that they want him to actually play that role.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#4 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Fultz + Gary Harris+ Magic 2024 1st+ Nuggets 2025 1st. Please :D

I know Fultz isnt a good fit with Scoot, but he's a solid player and can be flipped to a 3rd team. If not, Harris and Fultz are both on expiring contracts.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#5 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:15 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Fultz + Gary Harris+ Magic 2024 1st+ Nuggets 2025 1st. Please :D

I know Fultz isnt a good fit with Scoot, but he's a solid player and can be flipped to a 3rd team. If not, Harris and Fultz are both on expiring contracts.

I could see this getting the Blazers interest. I would see Fultz and Harris just being waived tho.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#6 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:21 pm

of the trades you mentioned:

Boston - I'd be ok with that depending on if Brogdon could be moved for something else and the Blazers got a couple of picks. Robert Williams is interesting but with Ayton already a Blazer, doesn't make much sense

Chicago - Will Ball ever play again? seems like he may not. Unloading his contract might require a first so I'm thinking the Blazers would need their own pick back, a lightly protected first, and a more protected first. Plus Williams and I'd shoot for Caruso

Brooklyn - I just don't know. I guess it's a neutral salary deal. Blazers should get Clowney too

you know hat would make for a dynamic backcourt? SGA + Jrue....and OKC has lots and lots of first round picks. Bertans + Oladipo + Jaylin Williams + 3 first's? and a 2nd or two?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#7 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:25 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Fultz + Gary Harris+ Magic 2024 1st+ Nuggets 2025 1st. Please :D

I could see this getting the Blazers interest. I would see Fultz and Harris just being waived tho.

Harris more than likely gets waived, but Fultz is too good to just waive IMO. He's a solid player, just a poor fit for the Magic. There has to be some team out there that would be willing to give up something for him.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:28 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:

of the trades you mentioned:

Boston - I'd be ok with that depending on if Brogdon could be moved for something else and the Blazers got a couple of picks. Robert Williams is interesting but with Ayton already a Blazer, doesn't make much sense

Chicago - Will Ball ever play again? seems like he may not. Unloading his contract might require a first so I'm thinking the Blazers would need their own pick back, a lightly protected first, and a more protected first. Plus Williams and I'd shoot for Caruso

Brooklyn - I just don't know. I guess it's a neutral salary deal. Blazers should get Clowney too

you know hat would make for a dynamic backcourt? SGA + Jrue....and OKC has lots and lots of first round picks. Bertans + Oladipo + Jaylin Williams + 3 first's? and a 2nd or two?

I like Robert Williams as a backup to Ayton, so I think that makes sense. But yeah, Brogdon makes no sense and would be nice to flip somewhere.

Agreed with Chicago.

Brooklyn, I think he only works there if they get rid of Simmons. A starting 5 that includes Simmons and Jrue is just too offensively inept, even if they are good defensively.

OKC makes sense if they're OK with a smaller backcourt. They definitely have the pieces and I think they want to take another step up. If they aren't braking the bank for Jrue but he solidifies them as a full playoff team, I can see them making a deal. Those two would be a great combo.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#9 » by DusterBuster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:30 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Harris more than likely gets waived, but Fultz is too good to just waive IMO. He's a solid player, just a poor fit for the Magic. There has to be some team out there that would be willing to give up something for him.

Then he would need to be flipped elsewhere. Fultz doesn't make sense in Portland. If there's something that can be done, ok, but he just doesn't fit as Scoot's backup.
GEE
Starter
And1: 334

Post#10 » by GEE » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:15 pm

I hope it's Brooklyn for Simmons/Sharpe and a couple more nice picks. That would have me really happy going into camp. Would absolutely love the overall return by Cronin if this comes true.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,130

Post#11 » by Effigy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:28 am

While I think the Heat actually do have the assets to get Jrue this time, they've pretty well proved they're only bargain shoppers. That's why they never land the big fish, some other team is always willing to go higher.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,884

Post#12 » by Norm2953 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:55 am

I think Jrue will be asked where he wants to go and as long as he is professional, he will be
taken care of.

I do think the Celtics are the favorite for he'd be the replacement for Smart but the OKC Thunder
have a ton of picks to make a pursuit possible
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 987

Post#13 » by Waynearchetype » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:18 am

I just want 2frps. 3 total for Dame and then an ayton on top would make this a success for me. I've been on the ayton train all summer.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#14 » by Blazers98 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:39 am

Ultimately, I would love to get a SF or PF who is on out timeline as PART of a package.

I would love to get Jaden McDaniels from Minny. He is a great 3 and D small forward who fits our timeline. I know Minny has Conley but Holiday is a big upgrade for a team that wants to start competing.

New Orleans might be interested in Holiday. Trey Murphy would be a nice piece for the future.

Lakers for Vanderbelt as part of a deal coming back.

Ironically, Miami should be interested in order to compete in the east-LOL
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#15 » by m0ng0 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:44 am

We just picked up Camara maybe give him a shot
Butter
General Manager
And1: 136

Post#16 » by Butter » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:22 am

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2347177/

Adam Himmelsbach: Not a big surprise, but I’ve been told the Celtics are expected to explore the possibility of trading for Jrue Holiday. – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#17 » by Jsun947 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:48 am

Miami for Lowry and some combo of Jovic, Robinson, Highsmith, & picks

Philly in a three way where we get back picks from a third team?

Nets for Simmons & Picks

Clippers for Morris + Filler & picks

OKC for Bertans, Oladipo, Poku & picks. Holiday seems too duplicative here though with Dort on the roster
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#18 » by Sinobas » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:54 am

Robert Williams is injury prone line Winslow.

I think the Blazers best bet is to try and get pieces from Toronto, who has a lot of wings but no PG.

Maybe they can trade for OG straightup, or a package like acouple of 1st round picks, Boucher, Grady Dick.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#19 » by DusterBuster » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:55 am

Jsun947 wrote:Miami for Lowry and some combo of Jovic, Robinson, Highsmith, & picks

Philly in a three way where we get back picks from a third team?

Nets for Simmons & Picks

Clippers for Morris + Filler & picks

OKC for Bertans, Oladipo, Poku & picks. Holiday seems too duplicative here though with Dort on the roster

What picks do the Clips have?
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#20 » by Jsun947 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:55 am

Butter wrote:https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2347177/

Adam Himmelsbach: Not a big surprise, but I’ve been told the Celtics are expected to explore the possibility of trading for Jrue Holiday. – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

What exactly is Boston supposed to trade? Brogdon and picks, sure, but who’s their other matching salary? If they trade us Williams then their only bigs are injury prone Horford & Porzingis.

I don’t see how this works for them

Return to Portland Trail Blazers