ImageImage

STAT LEADERS

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

STAT LEADERS 

Post#1 » by soobias » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:34 am

idk how else to title it maybe someone can change it.
i know the season hasnt started yet but what are your thoughts on who will lead in any category ?
for me i know its early but i have
scoring like this
DA 24ppg 12.5reb 2.6 ast reason being is they are gonna want to keep him happy so they'll feed him the most.
simons 20ppg 4 reb 4 ast him feeling like its his breakout season but know the offense will go through DA
grant 18ppg 6 reb 3.8 ast i think he'll do just enough and try to quietly get traded
sharpe 14ppg 6 reb 4.2 ast depending on playing time and attempts (i think he comes off the bench until they move simons)
scoot 13ppg 5 reb 11 ast i think he'll focus more on running the team than scoring thats why i have his points as low
brogdon 11ppg 4 reb 7 ast same as scoot and sharpe , depending on pt and how long he's here

the rest is all depending on whats left in mins and opportunities .

idk what you guys think :dontknow:
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: STAT LEADERS 

Post#2 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:59 pm

if Ayton is the number 1 option, defenses will start to focus on him. If you look at his historical points/shot numbers, and adjust them down just a little because of defensive attention, he'd probably average around 1.3 points/shot. In order to average 24 points he'd have to average around 18.5 FGA. Jokic averaged 14.8 FGA last season. Embiid was the only C to average more than 16 FGA last season. Ayton's career average is 12.2 FGA, and last year he was at 13.2

I just don't think it's realistic or wise for Ayton to be shooting that much

I'm seeing what I perceive as a lot of unrealistic expectations for this season. I've seen several people predict Ant to average 25-26 points. For him to do that he'd have to average 21 FGA...which is more than Dame has ever averaged. Brogdon is a better player than Ant; he's more efficient offensively while being light years better on defense. Can the Blazers justify, or be any good at all, or even entertaining, if Ant is averaging 20 shots and Brogdon averaging 10 shots? If Ant is averaging 19 shots, Ayton averaging 17, while Grant averages 13-14, Scoot averages 10, & Sharpe averages 9? Would that be enjoyable to watch?
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Re: STAT LEADERS 

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:27 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:if Ayton is the number 1 option, defenses will start to focus on him. If you look at his historical points/shot numbers, and adjust them down just a little because of defensive attention, he'd probably average around 1.3 points/shot. In order to average 24 points he'd have to average around 18.5 FGA. Jokic averaged 14.8 FGA last season. Embiid was the only C to average more than 16 FGA last season. Ayton's career average is 12.2 FGA, and last year he was at 13.2

I just don't think it's realistic or wise for Ayton to be shooting that much

I'm seeing what I perceive as a lot of unrealistic expectations for this season. I've seen several people predict Ant to average 25-26 points. For him to do that he'd have to average 21 FGA...which is more than Dame has ever averaged. Brogdon is a better player than Ant; he's more efficient offensively while being light years better on defense. Can the Blazers justify, or be any good at all, or even entertaining, if Ant is averaging 20 shots and Brogdon averaging 10 shots? If Ant is averaging 19 shots, Ayton averaging 17, while Grant averages 13-14, Scoot averages 10, & Sharpe averages 9? Would that be enjoyable to watch?

I want Scoot and maybe sharpe if he starts to average more shot attempts than grant and ayton. Unfortunately I think Ant will lead in shot attempts so I'm not Even gonna hope for the unrealistic.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers