European League

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,088

European League 

Post#1 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:44 am

Sorry to create a new thread, but this didn't fit any existing threads. I'm in Belgrade, Serbia right now visiting family, and watch a basketball game last night on television between a Serbia team and a Morrocco team. Shabazz Napier plays for Serbia and Kemba Walker plays for Morroco. It was kind of fun to watch a game over here with a few players I recognized. Unfortunately, Morrocco won, but it was closer than it probably should have been.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
bob2
Senior
And1: 80

Re: European League 

Post#2 » by bob2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:46 am

It was not Morrocco but Monaco.
Monaco is an independent state near France and the team plays in the french league and is the current french champion.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:57 pm

bob2 wrote:It was not Morrocco but Monaco.
Monaco is an independent state near France and the team plays in the french league and is the current french champion.

Yes, you are correct; it was Monaco. Fun team. I always liked Shabazz as a backup PG. Unfortunately, there were at least 4 PG sized players playing PG & SG.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,015

Post#4 » by Village Idiot » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:59 am

Euroleague basketball is really high level. The Balkan countries and Turkey have especially raucious fans.

I just moved to Madrid and am looking forward to catching some Real Madrid games. They are the best European team through history and won the Euroleague last year. Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Fernandez and Mario Hezonja are all on the current roster. Arvyadas Sabonis played on the team back in the early 90's before he came to Portland. Drazen Petrovic and Fernando Martin are also former players of both clubs.

If any of you should happen to come to Madrid and want to catch a game with me ping me.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:26 am

Sergio Rodriguez

He and Rudy are getting up there in age. Loved watching them on the Blazers.

What made you move to Madrid? It's on my list of places to visit someday.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,015

Post#6 » by Village Idiot » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:01 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Sergio Rodriguez

He and Rudy are getting up there in age. Loved watching them on the Blazers.

What made you move to Madrid? It's on my list of places to visit someday.
I was headhunted to a dream job. To make the choice easy they doubled my salary and my income tax rate is half of what it was in Norway (check out the Beckham tax). Madrid is awesome. It has far surpassed my expectation as a place to live. One of the appeals is that Madrid is not much of a destination for the low-cost airline crowd who tend to go to Barcelona, one of the beach areas or islands. Madrid is all about food and drink and culture. I estimate I have over a thousand bars and restaurants within 20 minutes walking distance from my apartment.

Feel free to contact me if you plan to come.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:44 pm

Didn't realize Serbia has 2 teams. They played tonight. Got to see Napier play again, as well as Dozier and Kaminsky who both play for the other Serbian team.

Then I flipped channels and Real Madrid was playing FC Barcelona. Got to see Rudy play. Didn't realize Hernangomez was over there now. Kind of fun watching some of these players again.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers