Game 8: Portland vs Sacramento 7:00pm Root, Root+

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,619

Re: Game 8: Portland vs Sacramento 7:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:01 pm

I think the single biggest issue with the team from what I've seen is lack of 3pt shooting. They are 29th in 3pt % at 30.1%, just ahead of the Lakers.

This causes the defense to cave into the paint. Any time you look at Ayton there are defenders all over the place. If they could open up the floor with 3 point shooters, he could be much more effective scoring, and probably offensive rebounding. His scoring can be so efficient if he has a little space, but he just doesn't have much room to operate.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Re: Game 8: Portland vs Sacramento 7:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#42 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:I think the single biggest issue with the team from what I've seen is lack of 3pt shooting. They are 29th in 3pt % at 30.1%, just ahead of the Lakers.

This causes the defense to cave into the paint. Any time you look at Ayton there are defenders all over the place. If they could open up the floor with 3 point shooters, he could be much more effective scoring, and probably offensive rebounding. His scoring can be so efficient if he has a little space, but he just doesn't have much room to operate.

I think not having anfernee is huge in that regard, as is thybulle starting at the 3. Thybulle is a great defender but cannot consistently put up points so isn't a threat to spread the floor. I think portlands eventual lineup will be scoot-ant-sharpe 1/2/3. Not saying it's ideal for size and defense but at least shooting will be there.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers