Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Re: Game 10 Portland vs Utah 6:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#21 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:20 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#22 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:49 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#23 » by RTG HD » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:59 am

They need to cut Bouyea before the end of the game.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,553

Post#24 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 am

Lol, Chauncey with the stealth tank move coming in from the TO with that Bouyea dude. Mays on the bench with 1 foul. I see you Chaunce. I see you.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#25 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:01 am

And an 11-0 run. I wish the Utah crowd would chant, "Chauncey, Chauncey, Chauncey!"...
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Post#26 » by PDXKnight » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:07 am

zzaj wrote:Lol, Chauncey with the stealth tank move coming in from the TO with that Bouyea dude. Mays on the bench with 1 foul. I see you Chance. I see you.

And playing sharpe 40+ minutes again as well. Sharpe would play more effectively if we played him closer to 32 mpg.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#27 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:18 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
zzaj
General Manager

Post#28 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:19 am

Blazers didn't really have a way to contain or match Clarkson when he was hot. Better team came out and played the last 7 minutes of the game and the Blazers seemed shook...

Sharpe REALLY needs to develop a change of pace and some burst. Jury is still out on whether or not he has the ingredients to really do so. He really only has one gear and it allows defenders to read him way too easily, which is partially why he's committing so many turnovers. You can tell the NBA game hasn't really opened up for him yet...again, it'll be interesting to see him in a year or two once he becomes more aware of how to take advantage of his defender's body to gain advantage. He could learn a lot from a Brandon Roy in that area.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#29 » by PDXKnight » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:27 am

zzaj wrote:Blazers didn't really have a way to contain or match Clarkson when he was hot. Better team came out and played the last 7 minutes of the game and the Blazers seemed shook...

Sharpe REALLY needs to develop a change of pace and some burst. Jury is still out on whether or not he has the ingredients to really do so. He really only has one gear and it allows defenders to read him way too easily, which is partially why he's committing so many turnovers. You can tell the NBA game hasn't really opened up for him yet...again, it'll be interesting to see him in a year or two once he becomes more aware of how to take advantage of his defender's body to gain advantage. He could learn a lot from a Brandon Roy in that area.

I think he will be fine, it's just hard at 20 but he's younger than most rookies still. But he seems like he's willing to listen and grow

I like the Roy idea and think we should have Roy come in to help sharpe out assuming he's willing. Feels like sharpe could use someone like that to work with him on his game
zzaj
General Manager

Post#30 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:30 am

Again, pretty decent game for Mays with 6/5/10 with only 2 TOs (plus a couple of blocks).

Blazers started to look tired in the 4th. Tomorrow is going to be tough...
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#31 » by RTG HD » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:37 am

PDXKnight wrote:
zzaj wrote:Blazers didn't really have a way to contain or match Clarkson when he was hot. Better team came out and played the last 7 minutes of the game and the Blazers seemed shook...

I think he will be fine, it's just hard at 20 but he's younger than most rookies still. But he seems like he's willing to listen and grow

I like the Roy idea and think we should have Roy come in to help sharpe out assuming he's willing. Feels like sharpe could use someone like that to work with him on his game

Yeah he is just 20 years old but so damn frustrating to see all that skill and so many minutes of him not utilizing it.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#32 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:39 am

PDXKnight wrote:

Yeah, that's why Roy was so good--he never played hurried up because he knew how to use change of pace and get defenders off balance. That will hopefully come with Sharpe, but right now he looks like he's still in assimilation mode. He's got 2 or 3 years to still...it'd be nice if he fast forwards that timeline, lol.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#33 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:27 am

Also important to remember he's playing with a thumb injury and either taped up or a light brace. While playing close to forty minutes a night.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,941

Post#34 » by JasonStern » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Sharpe for Heisman.

Everyone: But he doesn't play football!

I don't care.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#35 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:46 pm

Sharpe simply should not be playing 40mpg. It's not sustainable, and increases his injury risk. Not to mention his fatigue which will increase his silly mistakes. 34pg is fine.
JasonStern
RealGM

Post#36 » by JasonStern » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:48 pm

PDXKnight wrote:I'm tired of seeing sharpe playing 40 minutes plus. Running him into the ground and for what?

To keep me remotely interested in this current team.
- Chauncey Billups
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#37 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:51 pm

I wont disagree that 40mpg is a bit much but w/o Sharpe this team is tremendously uninteresting.

I guess Ayton would be another reason to watch if he was like 20 or only making 18M. Guy has a great skillset as a 5th starter / garbage man in a Zubac type of way but he is just horrendously overpaid for the type of role he should be playing in this league.

Camara plays with good hustle but isnt that skilled - and at 23 can you expect much development? Kris isnt young either and is getting zero run, he must be such a disappointment to the FO right now.

Grant is our tank commander but even knowing that the dude has a hard game to watch. His nickname should be newborn because he dribbles so much.

Walker should get more PT - but his problem is still the same - not a PF or a C really.

So really Sharpe for 40mpg is needed for me to have any interest in watching this team. And he really only plays up to anywhere close to his potential about 25-30% of those minutes. Otherwise, its just a team of JAG's more or less. Wish we had some more youth that flashed. And not even really excited about Scoot coming back albeit he cant be as bad as those 5 games showed - right?

I knew watching my #2 team this year, OKC, would be more fun than PDX but wasnt ready for them to be THIS much more fun to watch. They have more ball movement and unselfish play in a single offensive possession than PDX has compiled over the entire year.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#38 » by PDXKnight » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:36 am

JasonStern wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:I'm tired of seeing sharpe playing 40 minutes plus. Running him into the ground and for what?

True until Scoot gets back
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#39 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:45 am

PDXKnight wrote:
JasonStern wrote:

True until Scoot gets back
Agree on both fronts. Sharpe is by far the most interesting thing about the team at current. Definitely when Scoot gets back there'll be two key focuses.

Other interests are Ayton getting more ball and being productive, Grant continuing to fill up the stat sheet (primarily for trade value reasons if I'm being honest) and Camara just all-out hustling.
JasonStern
RealGM

Post#40 » by JasonStern » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 pm

I like Ayton. Not his contract. I know it's only ten games in, but he hasn't been the malcontent certain Suns fans made him out to be. People forget he's 25 and just starting to enter his prime.

I wasn't expecting much from Scoot in his rookie season. His G-League numbers were solid, but not other-worldly. And his usage rate was high to get those numbers, because G-League. To expect they'd carry over against the best players in the world on day one was unrealistic. More worried now. Missed summer league because he got injured. A few games into his rookie season, he gets injured. Still optimistic, but I think we've seen that two seasons in the G-League isn't a replacement for years of NBA/NCAA development.

And it will be great to get Simons back. Was expecting a breakout season from him with Dame gone. Wizenheimer will point out a ton of stats that prove he's an inefficient chucker. But we all know that. Jamal Crawford 2.0. That's not a bad thing to have.

But I really miss Timelord. His game is fun. Brian Grant fun.
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers