tester551 wrote:
Goldbum wrote:Portland trades:
Malcom+Ish+Brown
Rockets :
Oladipo (waived)
Longdale (non guaranteed next year)
Whitmore
One of the Brooklyn picks

Once you waive Oladipo you give Reath a real contract something like guaranteed this year partially guaranteed next year with team options year 3 and 4. Even if he stays the whole time he'll only be 31 and still in his prime. If we draft a big I think that contract would make him an appealing role player to good teams.

Something you heard as a legitimate rumor - or just your idea?

It's reasonable. I don't love it, but I also don't hate it

No not something I heard. Was shooting the sh** with a couple clients in Houston and that's the mock deal we negotiated as fans.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Re: What to do with Brogdon and Williams 

Post#62 » by PDXKnight » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:01 pm

Is it just me or does that og trade feel like the first chip to fall before a bunch of other trades start happening?
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 315

Post#63 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 pm

PDXKnight wrote:Is it just me or does that og trade feel like the first chip to fall before a bunch of other trades start happening?

Yup. The ice is broken.

I can understand OG wanting to go to the Knicks. BUT Toronto and Masai Ujiri wanting a serious haul for OG mere months ago and getting Barrett and Quickley and just a 2nd rounder? What the hell?! And the Raptors send Achiuwa and Flynn.

Quickley can help the guard scoring and OG was opting out. But really? This is what Ujiri could get?!
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,869

Post#64 » by Norm2953 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:21 pm

It'll be interesting to see after January 15, when Grant is eligible to be traded.

Next up will be Siakum but Portland with Grant, Brogdon has some pieces to offer up
in trade
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 842

Post#65 » by tester551 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:18 pm

PDXKnight wrote:Is it just me or does that og trade feel like the first chip to fall before a bunch of other trades start happening?

Just you.

This is typical for an NBA season.
You get 1 trade in December.
Maybe 1 in January.
Then the flurry of trades at the deadline in February.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#66 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:27 pm

I think there is a good argument that IQ is a better player than NY was ‘allowing’ him to be. To me Masai here is thinking he got a guy that brings like 80-90% of what Maxey does.

He is also making a decent buy low on RJ who is only 23 and has flashed occasionally. I don’t buy it but it’s a reasonable gamble.

It’s also been pretty clear Masai doesn’t want to rebuild so was looking for players not picks.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#67 » by Goldbum » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:44 pm

I don't really want to trade Jerami right now, but I am hearing it's a sellers market, with drastically more teams looking pieces than there are quality pieces available.
So although I don't want to move off Grant this could really be the time. They should dangle him (and Matisse although he has veto power)and if you get a big offer hold your nose and be bold.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#68 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:53 pm

The Blazers keep letting it be known through people like Marang and Highkin that they aren't looking to Grant. I mentioned the other day on the trade board but that to me just screams they absolutely will trade him, but someone'll need to come with a good deal.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#69 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:50 am

IQ to NYK opens up BB for Forunier and a pick IMO. Thibs will for sure prefer a guy like BB to other 6th man options like Clarkson IMO.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,084

Post#70 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:11 pm

I would look to move Brogdon, Grant, Thybulle, and William's (if there are any takers) for any combination of picks, expiring contracts, or young players.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#71 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 1, 2024 10:08 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:IQ to NYK opens up BB for Forunier and a pick IMO. Thibs will for sure prefer a guy like BB to other 6th man options like Clarkson IMO.

BB = Brogdon?

Just posted this on the trade board, but figured I would share here too:

Would Blazers fans be willing to part with Brogdon for Fournier’s expiring salary + a protected first round pick?

Brogdon fills multiple needs for the Knicks in the short term with Quickley no longer on the roster:

-Backup combo guard
-Can score in bunches off the bench
-Shoots 42% from 3
-Most importantly, has a $22.5 million salary next season which we can flip as part of a trade for a star

He’s also repped by CAA so I think this is a real possibility.

Just comes down to how much value we’d need to add to Fournier to get in done. Is one of those heavily protected first round picks enough (plus the salary relief the rebuilding Blazers would be getting)?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#72 » by JRoy » Mon Jan 1, 2024 10:46 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:IQ to NYK opens up BB for Forunier and a pick IMO. Thibs will for sure prefer a guy like BB to other 6th man options like Clarkson IMO.

BB = Brogdon?

Would Blazers fans be willing to part with Brogdon for Fournier’s expiring salary + a protected first round pick?

Brogdon fills multiple needs for the Knicks in the short term with Quickley no longer on the roster:

-Backup combo guard
-Shoots 42% from 3
-Most importantly, has a $22.5 million salary next season which we can flip as part of a trade for a star

Just comes down to how much value we’d need to add to Fournier to get in done. Is one of those heavily protected first round picks enough (plus the salary relief the rebuilding Blazers would be getting)?

Depends on the protection. Fournier is trash so it would have to be a real pick LPFRP, not some nonsense where it converts to SRP.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,865

Post#73 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:37 pm

KnicksManiac wrote:

BB = Brogdon?

-Backup combo guard
-Shoots 42% from 3

Yes as long as it's not something that converts into two seconds because it's like top 25 protected or something then that's fine. We know Malcolm has injury concerns that have to be factored in despite his production.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#74 » by mighty_duck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:44 pm

What about the Mavs FRP that they owe the Knicks? It is top 10 protected this year and next (then converts to SRP). Barring a Luka injury, it is pretty reasonable it conveys.
tester551
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by tester551 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:49 pm

mighty_duck wrote:What about the Mavs FRP that they owe the Knicks? It is top 10 protected this year and next (then converts to SRP). Barring a Luka injury, it is pretty reasonable it conveys.

Would much rather have the Detroit or Washington picks.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#76 » by mighty_duck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:01 pm

tester551 wrote:Would much rather have the Detroit or Washington picks.

While they run two and one year longer (respectively), considering how poorly run both these franchises are, I think they have LESS chance to convey than the Dallas pick, despite the protections becoming weaker in future years.

Another option is to combine them in to a pick package- e.g. the best of Dal/Det/Was until one conveys. This would limit NY's flexibility in future deals, so I doubt they go for it just to net Brogdon.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 126

Post#77 » by Butter » Wed Jan 3, 2024 3:07 am

This question is really simple for me. Keep Brogdon, trade Simons.

Start Scoot, Brogdon gets 30+ mins as 6th man, veteran mentor. The Blazers retain a veteran and decrease Brogdon's injury risk.

Hopefully, it also makes it easier to trade JG.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,762

Post#78 » by Skybox » Wed Jan 3, 2024 1:33 pm

Where are you guys on Ayton…huge disappointment or coming along?

That’s a huge deal…would his trade value be negative (yet?)

*also, any indication what the ask for Brogdon is?

(I still think they might move Simons for a decent offer-less than fans hope for- but ORL could really use Brogdon if not Simons)
tester551
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by tester551 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:06 pm

Skybox wrote:Where are you guys on Ayton…huge disappointment or coming along?

(I still think they might move Simons for a decent offer-less than fans hope for- but ORL could really use Brogdon if not Simons)

All indications are that the Front Office is higher on Simons than many fans are. I'd be beyond surprised if there are any discussions of even possibly moving him.

Ayton is who he is... his value has not changed. I think it has always been negative. I was hoping (and am still holding out some hope) that Scoot & Ayton develop some chemistry so Ayton can be an above average starting C.
I'd personally like to move off Ayton, but would not give up assets to do so.

Brogdon can be had for a LP 1st (ideally in '26) - and a good mentoring vet capable of playing some minutes (ideally as a F). I have no interest in any picks in '24, as Portland is already very young with 4 additional picks in this upcoming draft.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,762

Post#80 » by Skybox » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:30 pm

tester551 wrote:
Skybox wrote:Where are you guys on Ayton…huge disappointment or coming along?

All indications are that the Front Office is higher on Simons than many fans are. I'd be beyond surprised if there are any discussions of even possibly moving him.

Ayton is who he is... his value has not changed. I think it has always been negative. I was hoping (and am still holding out some hope) that Scoot & Ayton develop some chemistry so Ayton can be an above average starting C.
I'd personally like to move off Ayton, but would not give up assets to do so.

Brogdon can be had for a LP 1st (ideally in '26) - and a good mentoring vet capable of playing some minutes (ideally as a F). I have no interest in any picks in '24, as Portland is already very young with 4 additional picks in this upcoming draft.

I was really excited when they got Ayton...he's enormous, mobile, gets offensive boards and can score ...just seems like something's missing. Dwight in ORL was frustrating but he obviously did very well...he was frustrating because he wouldn't embrace the Bill Russell role...he always wanted more of a role in the offense but he never developed the skills, even post moves, to warrant it. He still scored 20+ just on raw power, but he wasn't really a team guy - I think Rashard Lewis and others could have been really turned loose offensively if Dwight "allowed it", but it was always Dwight's team. Hard to knock a guy with the numbers on both ends D12 put up, but I remember the vibe and I felt like it limited ORL's ring chances.

Hoping Sharpe, Scoot, and Ayton can find the right equilibrium.

*see what I did there? 8-)

Return to Portland Trail Blazers