Game 29: Portland vs Sacramento 7:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:58 am

vs.

Time: 7:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Esha Gupta
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Re: Game 29: Portland vs Sacramento 7:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:02 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:41 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#4 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:42 am

I got to give it to Scoot about one thing. He's not afraid. He's making a really concerted effort to go left out there. It's not really working for him, but Its nice to see that he's not afraid of trying to iron things out in game.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#5 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:58 am

Roy The Natural wrote:I got to give it to Scoot about one thing. He's not afraid. He's making a really concerted effort to go left out there. It's not really working for him, but Its nice to see that he's not afraid of trying to iron things out in game.

And now it's working a bit more.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Post#6 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:11 am

Roy The Natural wrote:I got to give it to Scoot about one thing. He's not afraid. He's making a really concerted effort to go left out there. It's not really working for him, but Its nice to see that he's not afraid of trying to iron things out in game.

Yeah he's a hard worker and got a good head on his shoulders so he was never a bad bet.. Really the only thing wrong is the over hype, he doesn't look like he would have been a good #1 pick in most drafts or the guy who can win a championship for you but he will have a long solid career without much worry.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:18 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:51 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:20 am

Victory GLB pics
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#10 » by Moonbeam » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:03 am

Great, feel-good win! Great to see Reath, Jabari, and Scoot all show out. I know Portland isn’t in the hunt for the playoffs, but it’s good for team morale to have wins like this. See the malaise around the Pistons right now for a reason we shouldn’t want Portland to lose every game.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#11 » by PDXKnight » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:18 pm

We've got to find a way to keep reath. That guy may be 27 but he's a nice fit
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#12 » by Goldbum » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:27 pm

We need to waive Brown(or Ish) and convert Reath to an NBA contract something like the Watford deal. Lock him up for cheap and keep years 3and 4 a team option. So that guarantees him an NBA deal for this year and next while attaching the option for us to keep a dirt cheap backup Center who can actually play.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,024

Post#13 » by DusterBuster » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:23 pm

Blazers PR released some lockerroom footage from last nights game.

I have to give Billups some credit, if I'm gonna slam him for his mistakes, it's good to praise him when its due. This team is objectively bad, but that lockerroom and team feels positive almost nightly. You never get the sense they get down or are just there for a paycheck, Billups has a really connected and energetic lockerroom which is probably the difference from just being a normal bad team due to age/roster/talent/etc and being historically bad like the Pistons.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,960

Post#14 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Signature game from Scoot IMO. Still working on finishing at the rim but its more of adjusting to NBA length than anything. Moved the ball well, didnt turn it over, great effort on D (As always really). The shot is bad, but one thing about Scoot is his work ethic. I think his surprising defensive showing this year is a sign that he has understood his offensive limits and is really going at it on defense - thats the sign of a true competitor.

Nice to see a game with flow and effort. Great win and proud of the guys.

Reath is a nice find. Think that 3% will only go up - his form is really nice. If RWIII was healthy I would have zero issue moving Ayton and seeing how RWIII and Duop handled the C spot. Wild this random 27 year old rookie has a better feel for the game, at least on offense, than a former #1 overall pick in Ayton.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#15 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Signature game from Scoot IMO. Still working on finishing at the rim but its more of adjusting to NBA length than anything. Moved the ball well, didnt turn it over, great effort on D (As always really). The shot is bad, but one thing about Scoot is his work ethic. I think his surprising defensive showing this year is a sign that he has understood his offensive limits and is really going at it on defense - thats the sign of a true competitor.

Nice to see a game with flow and effort. Great win and proud of the guys.

Reath is a nice find. Think that 3% will only go up - his form is really nice. If RWIII was healthy I would have zero issue moving Ayton and seeing how RWIII and Duop handled the C spot. Wild this random 27 year old rookie has a better feel for the game, at least on offense, than a former #1 overall pick in Ayton.

He's also getting hit a lot more than should be allowed when going in.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#16 » by JasonStern » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:15 pm

DusterBuster wrote:I have to give Billups some credit, if I'm gonna slam him for his mistakes, it's good to praise him when its due.

No. Stotts never should have been fired. Neither should have Adelman and Ramsey. What you're seeing is the result of a former GM that threw the coach under the bus to deflect poor roster construction.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,870

Post#17 » by Norm2953 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:06 am

Reath has more than made up for Eubanks signing with Phoenix. Team will likely take care of him
similar to what they did with Watford by waiving Ish.

Interesting write on BE about Portland's guards for they seem to feel Brogdon's worth cannot be
understated and Portland's best BC as of now is Brogdon and Ant. Team plays so much under control,
when Brogdon is on the court, given his experience
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,966

Post#18 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:40 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:The shot is bad, but one thing about Scoot is his work ethic. I think his surprising defensive showing this year is a sign that he has understood his offensive limits and is really going at it on defense - thats the sign of a true competitor.

Yeah, Scoot's effort and (so far apparent) humility have me encouraged about his progression. I still think he's a long way from being a finished product, but I'm rooting for him to get there.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

Post#19 » by valleyman33 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:57 pm

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:The shot is bad, but one thing about Scoot is his work ethic. I think his surprising defensive showing this year is a sign that he has understood his offensive limits and is really going at it on defense - thats the sign of a true competitor.

Yeah, Scoot's effort and (so far apparent) humility have me encouraged about his progression. I still think he's a long way from being a finished product, but I'm rooting for him to get there.

Got to remember he is only 19! I have no doubt he will get better every year.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#20 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:22 pm

I'm not sure whether I'm happy with his never-give-up attitude or concerned about his delusion, when Scoot says that he's still trying to compete for RoTY.

A+ for commitment but does he realise just how poor he's been overall?

He's shown encouraging signs of improvement (which I really hope continues) and I have faith that he'll take a good leap next season, but he'd have to play like a genuine All Star from here on out to even be in the conversation.

One thing which really frustrates me is his early shot clock pull up jumpers (mid range of 3 Pt). Scoot - you are not that guy (yet). Dame, CJ and Anfernee have fantastic mid range shots so they can shoot those. You absolutely should not under any circumstance shoot an early shot clock pull up jumpers (unless you're going for a 2 for 1).

Return to Portland Trail Blazers