Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:21 am

]Image

vs.

Time: 6:00pm
Place: Phoenix
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Emilia Clarke
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Re: Game 32: Portland vs Phoenix 6:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:06 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:36 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:14 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:54 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#6 » by Dame Lizard » Tue Jan 2, 2024 6:16 am

Scoot shies away from contact at the rim too much for my liking.

There's been quite a lot of times I've seen him make a good move to get into the paint, only for him to try some clumsy shot and come away with nothing. Instead, I'd much rather he just elevated and drew contact.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:41 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Post#8 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:52 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:Scoot shies away from contact at the rim too much for my liking.

There's been quite a lot of times I've seen him make a good move to get into the paint, only for him to try some clumsy shot and come away with nothing. Instead, I'd much rather he just elevated and drew contact.

I remember thinking a bit of the same on Lillard his rookie year. I think young guys, especially before the refs start giving them their due, have trouble judging whether to seek contact or shy away and make a tough shot over the defender. Until they get some respect from the refs they are more likely to get a bad non-call or even an offensive foul if they seek out too much contact. So I do think this is something that can (and should) improve with age. Scoot doesn't strike me as the kind of player that naturally wants to avoid the physical parts of the game and the refs will eventually respect his ability to get to the rim a bit better as long as he keeps attacking.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,942

Post#9 » by JasonStern » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:26 pm

17 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks. Progress. And actually rather solid if you ignore the whole 5 turnovers and not great shooting %.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#10 » by mighty_duck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:12 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:Scoot shies away from contact at the rim too much for my liking.

I see a lot of cases of him getting bumped quite a bit when driving, and then not getting the call. It comes with the territory of being a rookie. He's also getting a lot of cleaner looks on floaters, which aren't going in at a high enough percentage. That too will work itself out with enough reps.
The amount of stupid turnovers are also going way down.

All encouraging signals.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers