Trade No One
4%
Other
4%

Total votes: 68

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,019

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline: who is available? 

Post#61 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:40 pm

Some rumblings of Brogdon to New York (Knicks).
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#62 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:41 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
zzaj wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I would easily move Grant, Brogdan and Ayton.

I hate Aytons game man. Nice rebounder, thats about it. A guy whos offensive bread and butter is 3 pump fakes and a 18 foot jump shot is a freaking dinosaur in todays NBA. But no one will take him IMO.

Yep, Blazers are going to be stuck with Ayton until at least the last year of his contract. For his production/fit in the current "out" style of the NBA the Blazers will never find a willing taker for that money.

Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant
Blazers in (3): DeRozan, Russell, and Hachimura

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes
Lakers in (4): LaVine, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig

Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor
Bulls in (7): Ayton, Grant, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Good for the Blazers because they come from under Ayton and Grant's contracts (DeRozan is expiring) while getting a young talented forward in Hachimura with some upside.

Bad for the Blazers because the cost of ridding themselves of Ayton is letting Jerami Grant go without receiving multiple assets (only Hachimura). Also, they're more than likely stuck with Russell for another season because he has a player option.

Blazers easily pass, you wasted a lot of pixels my guy.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#63 » by cucad8 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:11 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Some rumblings of Brogdon to New York (Knicks).

Your sources, or are you seeing it somewhere?
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#64 » by Dame Lizard » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:03 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:NYK needs to both replace IQ and get a backup C w/ Mitchell out.

Brogdan + Reath for Fournier + DET or WAS FRP + 2-3 future SRP
DusterBuster wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Yep, Blazers are going to be stuck with Ayton until at least the last year of his contract. For his production/fit in the current "out" style of the NBA the Blazers will never find a willing taker for that money.

Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor

Good for the Blazers because they come from under Ayton and Grant's contracts (DeRozan is expiring) while getting a young talented forward in Hachimura with some upside.

Bad for the Blazers because the cost of ridding themselves of Ayton is letting Jerami Grant go without receiving multiple assets (only Hachimura). Also, they're more than likely stuck with Russell for another season because he has a player option.

I don't think the value from Anderson's deal is off at all. I just think that it doesn't make sense for Portland. I'd rather keep Ayton's bad contract and get something positive back for Grant.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#65 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:24 pm

Been thinking since the IQ trade that of the 6th man caliber guards avaliable (Clarkson, Murray, Rozier, Brogdan, etc) the coach / player fit of Thibs / Brogdan really stands out.

Think the Reath whispers are also coming from NYK as they clearly want to make a push this year in the PO's and right now only have Hart (Albeit they have Precious as well - but he is a pretty unreliable player IQ wise and would be an issue in the PO's IMO).

Albeit at this point I could see PDX sitting on Reath - get him on a 3 year vet min deal and potentially trade him next DL when his value, if he keeps playing this well, should be around a protected FRP (I may be missing here but a 3PT shooting C who isnt a sieve on defense and cost peanuts is going to be really attractive to some PO teams).
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#66 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:32 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:NYK needs to both replace IQ and get a backup C w/ Mitchell out.

Brogdan + Reath for Fournier + DET or WAS FRP + 2-3 future SRP
DusterBuster wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant

I don't think the value from Anderson's deal is off at all. I just think that it doesn't make sense for Portland. I'd rather keep Ayton's bad contract and get something positive back for Grant.

I fully disagree. Grant offsets Ayton’s contract and should return more value than that garbage pile offer.

I however also agree with you, I would rather just cash out on Grant while his value is high vs have his value dragged down even slightly with Ayton.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#67 » by GEE » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:46 pm

I still really want to see Mark Williams in the Red and Black. I just get the feeling he doesn't want to play for the Hornets, and would be a perfect fit for us. Rui too.
B0naf1d3
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#68 » by B0naf1d3 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:38 am

1. Brogdon/Williams/Thybulle

Turning both Brogdon & Williams into expiring contracts and additional draft capital should be first priority.

Brogdon = Fultz + 1st
Brogdon = Fournier + 1st
Williams = Oladipo + 2nd
Brogdon + Williams = Fultz + Harris + 1st + 2nd

Go with whatever team is offering a future 1st instead of a 24 1st.

I'd probably hold onto Thybulle unless he is part of a bigger trade.

2. Ayton/Grant/Simons

At this point Blazers have to be committed to rehabbing Aytons value.

Grant has a lot of value around the league but i'm not sure if any team outside of OKC is able & willing to pay the price. Any deal starts with Bertans + 1st just for taking on his contract. I'd hold onto Simons just because i'm terrified what the offense could look like.

Grant = Bertans + Dieng + multiple 1sts
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#69 » by kdawg32086 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:55 am

Time to hold onto our shorts?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#70 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:34 am

kdawg32086 wrote:

Time to hold onto our shorts?

Not over rando twitter accounts lol
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#71 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:35 am

Malcolm has been linked to the Knicks for at least a month, so that's pretty obvious they're interested.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#72 » by kdawg32086 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:38 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Malcolm has been linked to the Knicks for at least a month, so that's pretty obvious they're interested.

What would the package be? Fournier, Sims, and a FRP? Would it be Milwaukee's pick to get one in a different draft yeat?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#73 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:42 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Malcolm has been linked to the Knicks for at least a month, so that's pretty obvious they're interested.

Whenever there's that much noise, there's at least a decent amount of heat behind it. Plus there's already a good working relationship between Portland and Knicks from the Hart deal.

Getting the Dallas 2024 pick and maybe a couple of second rounders for a Brogdon / Fournier swap? His final year is a team option.

I would make that deal.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#74 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:43 am

kdawg32086 wrote:

What would the package be? Fournier, Sims, and a FRP? Would it be Milwaukee's pick to get one in a different draft yeat?

I'd be holding out for the Dallas pick this summer.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,865

Post#75 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:47 am

I don't want another 2024 pick unless it somehow can be combined with the Warriors pick to move up.

The Knicks have a lot of firsts but not all are created equally, some of those have a lot of protection. blazersbronco knows more about the protections than me.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 126

Post#76 » by Butter » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:19 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I don't want another 2024 pick unless it somehow can be combined with the Warriors pick to move up.

The Knicks have a lot of firsts but not all are created equally, some of those have a lot of protection. blazersbronco knows more about the protections than me.

I agree with trying to consolidate picks to move up. The Blazers probably won't get a shot at the top 3 picks, but could they end up with 2 in the top 10?
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#77 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:26 pm

Ya - totally out on another 24 FRP - we are slotted to have nearly 4 picks in the Top-40 (The ATL SRP is on the bubble).
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#78 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:23 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I don't want another 2024 pick unless it somehow can be combined with the Warriors pick to move up.

RealGM has the picks owned w/ restrictions for all teams. The firsts the Knicks have are a bit confusing as far as some of the protections they have.

They own detroits first, which is mostly lottery protected until 2027. The least amount of protection on the pick is 1-9 in 27, if it doesn’t convey, it becomes a second rounder. Given how bad the Pistons have been for years now, I don’t have hope that pick ever conveys.

They own a Washington first, it’s top 8 protected in 26, then turns into second rounders like Sonic hitting spikes at full speed in 27… like Detroit, I have a hard time seeing this pick staying a first rounder.

They “technically” have a Bucks first in 25, but that pick is shared with the Pelicans it seems. So if the pick is 5-30, it does to NO, if it’s 1-4, NY gets it is my understanding. After 25, no more obligations are required. So you have to hope the Bucks get a top 4 pick in 25 or you get nothing… big swing but astronomical odds.

The Dallas pick is top 10 protected until next 25, it would become a second after that but it’s definitely conveying this summer. So it’s a locked in first rounder. This is why if the Blazers are going to deal with the Knicks and get a pick in return, this is the surest return for getting a FRP and not ending up with second rounds or nothing in return.

Additionally, the Blazers could try and pull a Knicks first rounder of some sort. They own all their picks, maybe a 25 Knicks top 10 or lottery protected?
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 842

Post#79 » by tester551 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:55 am

DusterBuster wrote:

RealGM has the picks owned w/ restrictions for all teams. The firsts the Knicks have are a bit confusing as far as some of the protections they have.

They own detroits first, which is mostly lottery protected until 2027. The least amount of protection on the pick is 1-9 in 27, if it doesn’t convey, it becomes a second rounder. Given how bad the Pistons have been for years now, I don’t have hope that pick ever conveys.

They own a Washington first, it’s top 8 protected in 26, then turns into second rounders like Sonic hitting spikes at full speed in 27… like Detroit, I have a hard time seeing this pick staying a first rounder.

They “technically” have a Bucks first in 25, but that pick is shared with the Pelicans it seems. So if the pick is 5-30, it does to NO, if it’s 1-4, NY gets it is my understanding. After 25, no more obligations are required. So you have to hope the Bucks get a top 4 pick in 25 or you get nothing… big swing but astronomical odds.

The Dallas pick is top 10 protected until next 25, it would become a second after that but it’s definitely conveying this summer. So it’s a locked in first rounder. This is why if the Blazers are going to deal with the Knicks and get a pick in return, this is the surest return for getting a FRP and not ending up with second rounds or nothing in return.

Additionally, the Blazers could try and pull a Knicks first rounder of some sort. They own all their picks, maybe a 25 Knicks top 10 or lottery protected?

I would personally take a swing with that Detroit pick.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#80 » by GEE » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:53 pm

I personally could care less about racking up more future draft picks, because I don't think our Blazers need to get any younger. What I would like to see is the addition of two more quality bigs to add to Ayton, Reath & Brown. Five bigs in total to complete a solid PF/C rotation.

Mark Williams and Rui Hachimura would be MY favorite targets, but if we can do better than that, I would be thrilled. Use the picks we've already accumulated to get these guys and start winning NOW.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers