Game 38 Portland vs Minnesota 5:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:43 am

vs.

Time: 5:00pm
Place: Minnesota
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Miranda Kerr
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Re: Game 38 Portland vs Minnesota 5:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:03 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:22 am

So how big a blowout gets Billups fired after the team returns home?
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:39 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:54 am

Idk why but I have a gut feeling Chauncey gets fired once he gets back to pdx (this is the last game of the trip)
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:54 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:So how big a blowout gets Billups fired after the team returns home?

I think it might be before that game. That okc game was brutal
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#7 » by soobias » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:05 am

i am in no way sticking up for Billups but he's not getting fired lol. if that was the case then a lot of underachieving coaches would've gotten the axe by now. hell look no further that Monte in DET and that long losing streak and some might say he has more talent on his team.
im not a Billups fan but in today's NBA players have more say and without good VETS that can/should teach these younger less experience players we will most likely fail. i dont know what coach we can bring in and make a cultural impact but i do believe we need a system that is more on motion and movement than iso ball.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#8 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:11 am

soobias wrote:i am in no way sticking up for Billups but he's not getting fired lol. if that was the case then a lot of underachieving coaches would've gotten the axe by now. hell look no further that Monte in DET and that long losing streak and some might say he has more talent on his team.
im not a Billups fan but in today's NBA players have more say and without good VETS that can/should teach these younger less experience players we will most likely fail. i dont know what coach we can bring in and make a cultural impact but i do believe we need a system that is more on motion and movement than iso ball.

That last game feels like a nail in the coffin. It's not losing its how we lost.

I wouldnt be shocked if he lasts the rest of the year but also get a weird gut feeling he will be axed once they return home. Maybe the gut is wrong.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:17 am

Open the floodgates, trade Grant Ant and brogdon for the best offer, trade ayton if anyone will take him
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:19 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#11 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:30 am

PDXKnight wrote:
soobias wrote:i am in no way sticking up for Billups but he's not getting fired lol. if that was the case then a lot of underachieving coaches would've gotten the axe by now. hell look no further that Monte in DET and that long losing streak and some might say he has more talent on his team.

That last game feels like a nail in the coffin. It's not losing its how we lost.

I wouldnt be shocked if he lasts the rest of the year but also get a weird gut feeling he will be axed once they return home. Maybe the gut is wrong.

And to add Portland has been blown out in 5 of their last six games and tonight is looking like a likely blowout.
At some point you need to worry about how losing by lopsided margins will affect the young players ( and management needs to worry about the fans losing interest and stop watching).
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:40 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

And to add Portland has been blown out in 5 of their last six games and tonight is looking like a likely blowout.
At some point you need to worry about how losing by lopsided margins will affect the young players ( and management needs to worry about the fans losing interest and stop watching).

Yeah. I'm no rocket scientist but I think a move will happen fairly soon.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:51 am

How did we get stuck with the owner more apt at firing championship coaches (pete) than hiring any semblance of a respectable coach? Meanwhile phil knight willing to offer his house up to have a shot to bring this city to glory and the nba sounds the drums for jody
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#14 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:55 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Ainge009
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Ainge009 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:59 am

Let me guess, another " Perfect storm" Chancey?....Fire him already ffs
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#16 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:25 am

:banghead: :banghead: Only by 23. :banghead: :banghead: it wasn't really that close :banghead: :banghead:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#17 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:31 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,531

Post#18 » by JRoy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:37 am

Can’t fire the players.

Fire Billups.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#19 » by Moonbeam » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:44 am

Thank God this road trip is over! Portland posted an average margin of -27.4 over these 7 games -- that has to come close to a record for historical Blazer road trips.

Hopefully Portland can play better at home. I wonder what the trade winds will bring, particularly after January 15th.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#20 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:39 am

I am now on the absolutely get rid of Chauncey in the offseason bandwagon. I'd also like us to trade Ant (Which isn't new) and definitely Grant. I know people like Danny Marang like to try to put all the blame on these scores on the rookies, but when the rookies were out early on in the game the vets did even worse. They're just not bringing the hustle and energy of the kids. The kids make mistakes, but at least they're never lacking in energy and getting up on defense.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers