Game 40: Portland vs Brooklyn 7:00pm Root, Root+

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,084

Re: Game 40: Portland vs Brooklyn 7:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#21 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 pm

I was checking out the play-by-play stats last night for the last few minutes of the 4th quarter and cheering each time Brooklyn scored and rooting against the Blazers each time they scored.

I would not be sad to see the Blazers trade Brogdon Grant, and Thybulle. I wouldn't be opposed to moving Ayton and William's either.

I'm a bit torn with Simons. Something has to give though. Do they move forward with Simons, Scoot, and Sharpe? If so, who goes to the bench?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#22 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:56 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:I was checking out the play-by-play stats last night for the last few minutes of the 4th quarter and cheering each time Brooklyn scored and rooting against the Blazers each time they scored.

I would not be sad to see the Blazers trade Brogdon Grant, and Thybulle. I wouldn't be opposed to moving Ayton and William's either.

I'm a bit torn with Simons. Something has to give though. Do they move forward with Simons, Scoot, and Sharpe? If so, who goes to the bench?

I have no clue. Honestly - I am not sold on Scoot or Sharpe being sure fire building blocks. Love Scoots effort but he is miles away from being a starting caliber player at this point, much less a cornerstone. And Sharpe coasts far too much to be labeled a sure fire building block. I think Shadeon especially is the type that really would benefit if he could develop on a quality team with vet leaders. Think that would really help him hit his potential.

Simons on a good team is a 6th man (Or in unique circumstances maybe a starter - like on a team w/ jumbo guys at 2,3,4).

I may just be in a bad mood but right now I dont see a guy on this roster who is a clear cut cornerstone moving forward. Ya, Scoot and Sharpe have a chance to end up in that bucket but I definitely expected to be more sure of their roles as future faces of the franchise by this time in the 2024 season than I currently am.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,868

Post#23 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:26 pm

There is no need to be pulling for Portland to lose every game for the 2024 draft is going to be a poor
one with no clear cut candidate to be the first pick.

Quite possibly most teams will be eager to move late FRP's in this draft for anyone who can play a role for
a contender for guys like Holland and Buzelis, viewed as top 3 picks before the season might end up being
mid lottery picks thanks to under 20% shooting from the 3 point line.

I think BB is correct for guys like Scoot/Sharpe need veteran leadership, to model how to be an NBA pro.
Brogdon seems like a good role model and if TL were healthy, perhaps he'd be a good role model for guys
like Camara. Imagine a player like Sharpe on veteran laden team like Chauncey's old Pistons teams for
example.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers