Game 43: Portland vs OKC 5:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:01 am

vs.

Time: 5:00pm
Place: OKC
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Hailee Steinfeld
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Re: Game 43: Portland vs OKC 5:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:31 am

I'm curious if brogdon plays tonight with the rumors swirling
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,659

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:00 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:39 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:13 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:50 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,341

Post#7 » by Shem » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:23 am

The very fact that the Thunder win because the refs screwed us like that should be shameful.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Post#8 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:25 am

Giving Billups 2 techs there is crazy
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:28 am

The moral victory GLB pics
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,865

Post#10 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:30 am

Shane the refs ruined the end of a great game. Not saying we would've won, don't really care we would've won, just bad reffing at the end. Literally right in front of the refs, two Blazers calling timeouts, no one sees it - and then they exacerbate the situation by ejecting Chauncey.

Just a bad look for the NBA right there. Train the refs better.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,019

Post#11 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:37 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Shane the refs ruined the end of a great game. Not saying we would've won, don't really care we would've won, just bad reffing at the end. Literally right in front of the refs, two Blazers calling timeouts, no one sees it - and then they exacerbate the situation by ejecting Chauncey.

I'll be honest, this might be the season that kills my love of the NBA. The game has become pretty unwatchable with the rules the way they are now days - literally impossible to play defense and the league approaching ASG scoring in multiple games a night - and refs that are easily the worst in all professional sports.

It's not a fun product to watch anymore, even for the good teams imo.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:51 am

DusterBuster wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:Shane the refs ruined the end of a great game. Not saying we would've won, don't really care we would've won, just bad reffing at the end. Literally right in front of the refs, two Blazers calling timeouts, no one sees it - and then they exacerbate the situation by ejecting Chauncey.

I'll be honest, this might be the season that kills my love of the NBA. The game has become pretty unwatchable with the rules the way they are now days - literally impossible to play defense and the league approaching ASG scoring in multiple games a night - and refs that are easily the worst in all professional sports.

It helps when we have a good team in Portland.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:58 am

Start Diop I'm not feeling ayton lately
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,553

Post#14 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:23 am

DusterBuster wrote:

The fact that offensive players at any time can just initiate contact and run over their defender and get the foul call makes it close to unwatchable for me. I realize I’m old-man-yelling-at-clouds-ing, but this is NOT the NBA product of the last 50 years. This is a ‘we need stars to score points so we can make up ad revenue off of very casual fans on our huge TV deal’ product.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#15 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:40 am

As for the game? OKC were heavy odds favorites. Refs probably got the mandate from the league office to make sure to keep them as winners. Really curious how the NBA will hide this in the 2 minute report.
The Sebastian Express

Post#16 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 am

zzaj wrote:As for the game? OKC were heavy odds favorites. Refs probably got the mandate from the league office to make sure to keep them as winners. Really curious how the NBA will hide this in the 2 minute report.

Joke about Vegas making the call, not the league, because of the substantial moneyline difference in case Portland won lol.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#17 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:29 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
zzaj wrote:As for the game? OKC were heavy odds favorites. Refs probably got the mandate from the league office to make sure to keep them as winners. Really curious how the NBA will hide this in the 2 minute report.

Joke about Vegas making the call, not the league, because of the substantial moneyline difference in case Portland won lol.

That’s exactly my point…the foil hatter in me knows the NBA has it’s channels (not just Vegas)—plenty of money to be made on non-longshots and just towing the line. Sometimes you gotta make things look less obvious. If the roles were reversed and OKC were the ones trying to call a TO to ignoring refs, it woulda looked much more blatant.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#18 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:35 am

Billups is nate without the motivation.
The Sebastian Express

Post#19 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:37 am

Blazers have petitioned the league to overturn the result because of the egregious reffing at the end. Obviously that isn't going to happen, but one will hope it forces the NBA or at least pushes them to internally acknowledge there is a growing problem.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Post#20 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:45 am

Oh the league is going to hide behind it being a judgement call and the refs being scared for their lives or something.

These kind of things really jade long-term fans. I don't even really like Billups or care that we lost but over time it just seems like the fix always comes in. Like the league maintains just the bare minimum veneer of being competitive and about the sport but more often shades toward story-lines and fulfilling entertainment first. Hard not to wonder about the associations with recent sports gambling and the effect that may have but in truth it probably goes back further than that.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers