ImageImage

Do the Blazers run this roster back in 24/25?

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Re: Do the Blazers run this roster back in 24/25? 

Post#21 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:27 am

I hope that isn't the case. This is a team full of likeable guys but few real difference makers. Letting the "cake bake" gets Portland to what, 35-40 wins, maybe?

I hope at the very least, Brogdon is dealt to a playoff team so that he has a chance to compete on a team level. Ideally, at least two of Brogdon, Grant, and Ayton get dealt.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Post#22 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:39 am

Moonbeam wrote:I hope that isn't the case. This is a team full of likeable guys but few real difference makers. Letting the "cake bake" gets Portland to what, 35-40 wins, maybe?

I hope at the very least, Brogdon is dealt to a playoff team so that he has a chance to compete on a team level. Ideally, at least two of Brogdon, Grant, and Ayton get dealt.

Depends on how much the young guards come into their own but yeah feels like brogdon doesn't fit our window too well here
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,019

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:29 am

Moonbeam wrote:I hope that isn't the case. This is a team full of likeable guys but few real difference makers. Letting the "cake bake" gets Portland to what, 35-40 wins, maybe?

I’m in agreement with Brogdon, I would like to see him dealt, but I get the sense they like his mentorship to Scoot more than what his value may be currently (a mid quality first rounder at best).

Maybe the Brogdon trade happens in the summer more than this deadline.

And as for the “let the cake bake” with this roster, I believe Cronin and CO’s thinking is that the difference makers are here in Scoot, Ant and Shae, then more to come with the picks from this draft and maybe in 2025. Then the team is back in the thick of things 2026 and stacked like the Thunder.

Less so than they’re just going to hope this whole team is still around in 2026.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#24 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:34 am

DusterBuster wrote:

I’m in agreement with Brogdon, I would like to see him dealt, but I get the sense they like his mentorship to Scoot more than what his value may be currently (a mid quality first rounder at best).

Maybe the Brogdon trade happens in the summer more than this deadline.

And as for the “let the cake bake” with this roster, I believe Cronin and CO’s thinking is that the difference makers are here in Scoot, Ant and Shae, then more to come with the picks from this draft and maybe in 2025. Then the team is back in the thick of things 2026 and stacked like the Thunder.

Less so than they’re just going to hope this whole team is still around in 2026.

I like Brogdon a lot as a player. He's up there with my favorites on the team without question. I just don't want to see him wasting away his prime on a team that is clearly not ready to contend.

I guess the team would have to be banking on all three of the young guards becoming impact players. With Dame, Portland peaked at around 50-54 wins and had a single WCF appearance. I don't think any of those three will come close to the player that Dame was/is, so they'd have to all become solid starters/borderline All-Stars to make Portland competitive with the salaries they'll command once Shae and Scoot come off of their rookie deals.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,870

Post#25 » by Norm2953 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:14 pm

There will be changes for the addition of two lottery picks will necessitate some roster
consolidation to make room for them.

Depending how Scoot has developed by the end of the summer, the team will have to figure out
how this team needs to look with Scoot the long term PG. Team needs to bigger and stronger
up front and whether the return of RW3 impacts decisions.

Let's say the team adds one of Holland, Buzelis or Williams with their top 5 pick. Team adds one
of the 7 foot centers with their GSW pick. How those guys fit in with Ayton, RW3, Grant, Camara
and now Walker is the big question. Hopefully the top 5 pick will add a more talented, all around
player who plays both ends of the floor and the new 7 foot player is insurance for RW3

I'd look for the team to move Thybulle by the 24/25 season rolls around. All the Blazer vets are
available in the right trade but none of them has to be moved unless its for value. Let's see if
any of the other young players on the roster develop this spring and summer, for I'd love to
see Rupert develop into the smaller version of Nic, which is a defensive minded guard, who could
defensively match up with 2-3 positions. His development would definitely make Thybulle
expendable.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers