ImageImage

Lillard Returning to the Blazers?

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Would you be fine with Lillard coming back to the Blazers after his Buck days are over?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 19

monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Lillard Returning to the Blazers? 

Post#1 » by monopoman » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:57 pm

So Lillard is hinting heavily that when he is done being a Buck he would love to retire a Blazer. Let's say after finishing his contract as a Buck he wins at least one ring and wants to come back on a somewhat value contract to the Blazers where he plays for 60% of his hypothetical value at that age.

Meaning that he would be on something like an MLE or roughly that equivalent he would be a better Carmelo in his Blazer years, but has regressed in some key areas. Let's also say he would be fine coming off the bench and as long as he gets say 15-20 MPG he is happy, wanting to help mentor the young guys.

Let's also assume this is a true free agency signing so we would have to give up nothing but cap space to get him.

How opposed would you be to this type of situation happening?
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 315

Re: Lillard Returning to the Blazers? 

Post#2 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:54 am

Get a ring with the Bucks.
Return to the Blazers when they’re ready and get one for the other hand.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 126

Post#3 » by Butter » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:13 am

Sure, 1 day contract, move upstairs to the front office staff.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,019

Post#4 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:37 am

I know Dame has a lot of heavy things going on in life, but that man does not look happy on the Bucks. Dames usually pretty stoic, but he seems pretty checked out. As some here wondered, maybe he’s just going through the motions to save himself for the playoffs, but body language looked like he wanted to be back in Portland more than in Milwaukee.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,019

Post#5 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:37 am

I know Dame has a lot of heavy things going on in life, but that man does not look happy on the Bucks. Dames usually pretty stoic, but he seems pretty checked out. As some here wondered, maybe he’s just going through the motions to save himself for the playoffs, but body language looked like he wanted to be back in Portland more than in Milwaukee.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#6 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:57 am

Love it if we keep getting development from the youngsters and hit a few runs in the next 2 or more drafts.

Dame as a 24mpg 37 year old 6th man on a young up and coming team would make me feel spoiled.

Just not sure we will be that team. But the last few games from Scoot give me hope.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#7 » by monopoman » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:31 am

DusterBuster wrote:I know Dame has a lot of heavy things going on in life, but that man does not look happy on the Bucks. Dames usually pretty stoic, but he seems pretty checked out. As some here wondered, maybe he’s just going through the motions to save himself for the playoffs, but body language looked like he wanted to be back in Portland more than in Milwaukee.

I think it's more that the team doesn't need his heroics as often, what seems to fire Dame up is being down like 5 or 10 as the final minutes wane this is when Dame time goes nuclear.

This Bucks team might be the most talented team he has ever been on so it's gotta be a huge shock to his normal game. He also has been dealing with some major personal issues that are probably affecting him somewhat, I heard he is dealing with a divorce with his wife.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,680

Post#8 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:08 pm

Of course I'd take him back assuming he's fine being a 6th man at that point

Return to Portland Trail Blazers