Congratulations to Duop Reath for earning a 3 year contract :D
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,173

Re: Duop Reath 

Post#2 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:35 am

Good for him, definitely deserves it.

It's important for teams to uncover useful otherwise-overlooked players like this and we seem to be doing a decent job. I suppose it's a bit easier to give players a long leash and see if they can develop while rebuilding but would have been nice to have had some more of that during Lillard's era.

Now if only we could get some real high end talent here...
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:38 am

Wouldn't be shocked to see duop starting at center in spots moving forward. Ayton is more talented and has improved lately but there's no questioning duop's motor Is better
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#4 » by m0ng0 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:54 am

Well deserved, I liked him from the day we picked him up.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,525

Post#5 » by Pattycakes » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:04 am

Yup. People here talking about flipping him for a second while the values hot. Respectfully, NO
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#6 » by JasonStern » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:43 pm

Not sure how many were around during the last rebuild, but situation-wise, this reminds me of when the Blazers picked up Ime Udoka. At first, you're like, random. He's a bit too old. And hasn't proven anything in the league. And then he went on for years to be a solid backup player. Unfortunately, mostly for San Antonio. But, three year contract. so, we're good until he's 30.

PDXKnight wrote:Wouldn't be shocked to see duop starting at center in spots moving forward. Ayton is more talented and has improved lately but there's no questioning duop's motor Is better

The Ayton hate from certain posters on this board is laughable. There is no way that Reath starts over a healthy Ayton or a healthy Timelord. If anything, Reath would slide down to the 4 in some sort of big bruiser lineup.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#7 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:58 pm

JasonStern wrote:Not sure how many were around during the last rebuild, but situation-wise, this reminds me of when the Blazers picked up Ime Udoka. At first, you're like, random. He's a bit too old. And hasn't proven anything in the league. And then he went on for years to be a solid backup player. Unfortunately, mostly for San Antonio. But, three year contract. so, we're good until he's 30.

PDXKnight wrote:Wouldn't be shocked to see duop starting at center in spots moving forward. Ayton is more talented and has improved lately but there's no questioning duop's motor Is better

The Ayton hate from certain posters on this board is laughable. There is no way that Reath starts over a healthy Ayton or a healthy Timelord. If anything, Reath would slide down to the 4 in some sort of big bruiser lineup.

I'm not saying ayton isn't more talented but getting him to consistently be motivated has been an issue on both teams now and I appreciate that reath at least shows up motivated every night

Timelord when healthy is probably our best big in terms of impact. But how often will he be healthy? He probably is better doing 20 mpg off the bench as he's not gonna have longevity playing 36 minutes a night
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#8 » by GEE » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:13 pm

Congrats to Duop Reath. Multiple year contract makes me think Cronin really likes him long-term. Blazers' Big-Man rotation is beginning to look pretty respectable, Especially if RW3 returns for 20-ish mpg. I still wish we'd get one more perfect fitting big, but Ayton, RW3, Reath and Walker at the PF/C positions is a great start.

Simons, Sharpe and Scoot should get the PG/SG minutes, with Grant feasting at SF. Thybulle and Camara backing up those SF and SG positions also seems pretty good going forward.

With Brogden, good young expendable players and good Draft picks... I think we could be pretty much rebuilt by Summertime :lift:
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#9 » by red_power » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm

Reath is a good player but come on, he's an undersized center who provides mediocre rebounding and little-to-zero defensive presence.
He is a fine player nonetheless but let's not start losing our minds because Ayton doesn't live up the expectations.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 315

Post#10 » by HoopsFanAZ » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:13 pm

red_power wrote:

Reath is a good player but come on, he's an undersized center who provides mediocre rebounding and little-to-zero defensive presence.
He is a fine player nonetheless but let's not start losing our minds because Ayton doesn't live up the expectations.

Absolutely not on losing one’s mind. 3rd string bigs are fun to root for. HOWEVER, he’s a 6’9, wide-bodied dude who moves well and puts it up without making me cringe. It’s been a while since that combination off the bench was around. He’s a non-embarrassing-poor-man’s-ZBO. I’m good with that.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,553

Post#11 » by zzaj » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:24 pm

Love his story, and happy that he has some serious money for his family moving forward.

He's fine as a 3rd string Center, or against matchups where a stretch C is needed...My hunch is this actually makes him more tradable if need be.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#12 » by GEE » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:17 pm

Duop Reath fills that 3rd string C/PF position nicely. The depth he adds to the PF/C spot should also help with hopefull return of RW3, both short and long-term.

As of now, hoping to draft Matas Arvidas Buzelis, but I STILL want to add a full-size, shot blocking Center before summertime BBall. STILL want Mark Williams, and would offer up a Picks-heavy package to get him.... or a player of BETTER talent and fit. Again, he's just MY personal favorite choice, but would be pleased to see an even better version that would fill out our PF/C rotation.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers