cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,909

Re: The Eliminateds 

Post#21 » by cdubbz » Fri May 3, 2024 8:44 pm

zzaj wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
Grant can be moved easily enough. He's just not going to return any real value. Maybe a protected 1st with a bad contract. There's a reason why he was obtained for a protected 2025 MIL 1st and draft rights to Gabriele Procida.

Warriors would love to get Grant for Wiggins.

Blazers would love to get Kuminga for Grant.

Warriors would do that. I would.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,558

Post#22 » by zzaj » Fri May 3, 2024 10:20 pm

cdubbz wrote:
zzaj wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

I wish that the Warriors were in a financial place to make the trade a fringe reality.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,038

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Fri May 3, 2024 11:11 pm

cdubbz wrote:
zzaj wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Kuminga is overrated. Blazers have been burned so much by Warriors role players over the years, I want literally nothing to do with them in this Steph/Myers era (no offense).
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
zzaj
General Manager

Post#24 » by zzaj » Sat May 4, 2024 12:13 am

DusterBuster wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Kuminga is overrated. Blazers have been burned so much by Warriors role players over the years, I want literally nothing to do with them in this Steph/Myers era (no offense).

Well, he's 21 and putting up 16/5/2 and last year of his rookie contract will be 7.6M. Will he want a big pay raise? Yes. But Blazers could potentially move him at the deadline, and I have a feeling he'd fetch better picks than Jerami Grant making 30M. Grant is going to go to a good team looking for the missing piece and wanting to go all-in. Whatever team that is won't have value in picks.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#25 » by cdubbz » Sat May 4, 2024 12:54 am

:roll:
DusterBuster wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Difficult to call Jk overrated when we don’t know his value. What kind of haul would the Blazers want for Grant? Draft picks & young assets. JK would be better on a team still figuring it out & growing.

If the salaries matched up for an even 1-1 trade I think it would be nice for the Blazers.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#26 » by zzaj » Sat May 4, 2024 1:39 am

cdubbz wrote::roll:
DusterBuster wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Difficult to call Jk overrated when we don’t know his value. What kind of haul would the Blazers want for Grant? Draft picks & young assets. JK would be better on a team still figuring it out & growing.

If the salaries matched up for an even 1-1 trade I think it would be nice for the Blazers.

"Figuring it out" is basically Blazers to a "T"...

If i'm not mistaken, the Warriors are a second apron team. I see no universe where the Warriors could take on Grant's salary as is...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#27 » by cdubbz » Sat May 4, 2024 10:57 pm

Clippers are eliminated! All California teams are officially gone from the playoffs.

No idea what they will do, but I do know they don't want to open their brand new arena and not be a playoff team. The Kawhi/PG13 experiment hasn't lived up to expectations at all. They will most likely just need to re-tool and stay playoff relevant

Return to Portland Trail Blazers