ImageImage

Sports guy article

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Sports guy article 

Post#1 » by breaker91 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:47 pm

Simmons has taken a lot of shots at the Blazers, but even he is jumping on the bandwagon and showing he gets what management is trying to do here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#2 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:33 pm

I love his quote about the Knicks:

"Just know that Isiah is to chemacterility what the "Saw" series is to wholesome family comedy."

Yes, "chemacterility" is a stupid term made up by Simmons to describe the amalgam of chemistry, character, and cap flexibility, but it still made me grin ear to ear to see the rest of it.
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 137

Post#3 » by ebott » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:16 pm

I sure hope he's right. Sure would be swell if in a few years the entire NBA was like the Blazers.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#4 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:42 pm

ebott wrote:I sure hope he's right. Sure would be swell if in a few years the entire NBA was like the Blazers.

I'd be happy if they would just put a good citizenship clause into each contract, allowing a team that has a player arrested to cut a player and get their cap space back instantly if they pulled the JR Rider sort of crap. It would at least make players think twice before they acted like million-dollar street thugs.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers