ImageImage

[Game Thread] Portland @ Chicago

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#241 » by EGame » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:40 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:Hilarious, Chicago fans are finding solace in this loss because LMA had a bad FG pct. Ignoring the fact that he was huge down the stretch. TT fans to the bitter end they are, but never true fans or their TEAM.

Anyway, good win tonight. One of the top 5 of the year. We shouldn't forget that Travis hit a huge shot in the 4th to save the day ala the Memphis game.

It seems that is how it goes with Chicago and Toronto fans. When he has an awesome game against one of their teams they say "why didn't we take him over so and so," and when he has a bad game (as far as shooting percentage goes he had a bad game) they basically tear him apart as if Bargani (spelling?) or Thomas are 20 times better.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#242 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:40 am

swede wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Man chill on Jack the moment before that he was shown screaming after making our gaming winning 3 point play.

I wasnt trying to get down on Jack, I just
thought it was kinda funny he said "my" then
quickly changed it. I mean he did great and
I probably would be thinking the same, but
he blurted it out in the heat of the moment.
I had to give the eye roll face to Jack on it!!
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#243 » by swede » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:41 am

Yeah I feel you I caught that too but.. I don't remember anything else even resembling offense happening. If anything I'd take that as a positive that he corrected himself.. JJ is like Gary Payton style trash talker.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#244 » by Yadadimean » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:43 am

neyo won the game for us!
Signature
Joshumitsu
Senior
And1: 56

Post#245 » by Joshumitsu » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:44 am

Darn Denver.

Oh well, it was a good game. Both teams played hard and never gave up. Blazers just lasted until the end....a good game for the national audience.

Bulls actually have been doing pretty good lately, so to come in and defeat them on their court gives us confidence for the game against Utah on Saturday.

As for Roy not getting the ball much....I kept hearing on the radio that he got hurt bumping into Ben Wallace or something. Great that he was still able to play.
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#246 » by a_sensei » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:44 am

pr0nny wrote:F**king Denver...I hate how we're only in second but we have more wins then them...they're 7 games over 500, were 7...but we have one more win =/ doesn't make alot of sense

We've played 2 more games than they have and have gone 1-1 in those game. Since we are over .500, 1-1 makes our winning percentage less than Denver's.
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#247 » by a_sensei » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:47 am

[quote="Joshumitsu"]Darn Denver.

Oh well, it was a good game. Both teams played hard and never gave up. :nod:
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#248 » by EGame » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:49 am

Great news, yahoo has updated their standing and we are on top of the division and in the 3rd seed again. :)

Edit: Of course Denver's win has yet to be updated so this could last very shortly.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#249 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:49 am

Thats it, give Melo a math problem.. .
That should take care of the Nuggets!!

Prove that the square of any prime number larger
than 3 leaves a remainder of 1 when divided by 12.

EAT THAT MELO!!
blazersmaniac8
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#250 » by blazersmaniac8 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:49 am

when roy outrebounded ben wallace at the end of the 4th or 1st ot (can't remember) I felt like we would win cause we just wanted it more. Meanwhile did anyone else think the officiating was AWFUL in the first half? Also damn joe smith he kept them in the game and I wanted to kill him heh. Last but not least I find it funny the commentator bringing up at least 3 times that deng is out meanwhile we dont have oden so I don't wan't that to be an excuse. Great game from roy and he didnt have to shoot much like ben gordon but still had a MUCH bigger affect on the outcome of the game. WOOHOO! Now lets beat utah on saturday, I'm going :D
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#251 » by d-train » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:51 am

For all those that like to monitor the amount of respect given to the Blazers, I listened to the TNT broadcast and I thought Doug Collins said many nice things about our team and Brandon Roy.
pr0nny
Senior

Post#252 » by pr0nny » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:53 am

Let's kill Utah.
Joshumitsu
Senior
And1: 56

Post#253 » by Joshumitsu » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:55 am

a_sensei wrote:
Joshumitsu wrote:Darn Denver.

Oh well, it was a good game. Both teams played hard and never gave up. :nod:

God bless and good night.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#254 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:01 am

I wanted to say I'm jealous of your fanbase. You guys and maybe the Celtics. Spurs too.

Good game.

Roy is legit, is and will be a phenomenal player. I closely watched LMA. Great moves but I wish he would bang down low.

The thing I like most about yoru team is your organization's trust and investment in developing the young guys, particularly Outlaw and Webster. Outlaw has impressed me greatly. I didn't know he had thatsolid of a J.

I wish we would do the same with TT and Noah. But hey it's the Bulls.
neplife
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#255 » by neplife » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:07 am

wow, great game, its games like this that will continue to build the chemistry on this young team. Anyways lets get some revenge against the Jazz for ending our streak!
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:16 am

theanimal23 wrote:I wanted to say I'm jealous of your fanbase. You guys and maybe the Celtics. Spurs too.

Good game.

Roy is legit, is and will be a phenomenal player. I closely watched LMA. Great moves but I wish he would bang down low.

The thing I like most about yoru team is your organization's trust and investment in developing the young guys, particularly Outlaw and Webster. Outlaw has impressed me greatly. I didn't know he had thatsolid of a J.

I wish we would do the same with TT and Noah. But hey it's the Bulls.

Thanks for the kind comments!!

Yea, many of us wish LMA would bang down low aswell.
I just dont think hes that type of player. Once in awhile
he will have a game where hes a terror in the paint but
those games are few and far between. He does have a
great outside shot tho. Outlaw has improved by leaps
and bounds. Its crazy how much his game has grown.
We're very lucky to have good young talent and we can
only hope to win half the amount of rings the Bulls did.. .
Someday.. .
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#257 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:29 am

I'm amazed that game became as exciting as it did. It started out as a real snooze-fest, but after that... wow.
ph1sh55
Senior

Post#258 » by ph1sh55 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:30 am

I think lma wants to bang in the paint..and given his work ethic he will continue to work on his body to be able to do so. Right now though he can still get pushed around by most 5's and so is often off balance making moves in the low post.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#259 » by DmoneyH3 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:30 am

15 of 16......holy snikes..I LOVE IT! Even when we play sub-par someone steps up and we come away with the W.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#260 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:33 am

Sucks we can't ever catch a break with Denver. They keep matching us win for win, and it's not like they aren't playing good teams. They beat the Spurs tonight!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers