Post#261 » by TradeMachine » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:49 am

Dude!

We're only 2.5 games behind SA for the conference lead. :o
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#262 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:57 am

For as much credit as Hinrich gets for being a good defensive PG, the guy is a fouling machine.
Dakotah612
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#263 » by Dakotah612 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:58 am

I have to wonder how close this game would have been if Joe Smith didn't play out of his frickin' mind.
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#264 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:00 am

Dakotah612 wrote:I have to wonder how close this game would have been if Joe Smith didn't play out of his frickin' mind.

Well, to be fair, you have to wonder how close the game would have been going the other way had Chicago not lost Deng after 13 minutes. He seemed to be giving Roy fits early in the game.
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#265 » by Dakotah612 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:03 am

That's true. I think it would have evened out. Joe Smith's 30/11 is very very rare for him.
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#266 » by breaker91 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:12 am

I went out to dinner with a buddy, but I got into my car to run an errand at the start of the first OT. All I can say was something out of wack with the world tonight?

Ben Wallace worst FT shooter in the league with 4 clutch makes in OT

Joe Smith hasn't played that well since he was a Terrapin.

The worst fast break PG in the league gets a 2 and the foul to win the game.

Oh and want to have Jones' babies. 4 point play, tough D on Gordon that lead to Jack's steal, ran with Jack to put pressure on Gordon's transition D, clutch FTs, and a block to end it.
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#267 » by Dakotah612 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:15 am

Actually, it would have.

Joe Smith + Luol Deng season avg. = 28 ppg 12 rpg

tonight:

Joe Smith + Luol Deng = 33 pts 14 rebs
- Bill Simmons
kellex
Freshman

Post#268 » by kellex » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:19 am

so pimp tonight! damn blazers just keep surprising me and surprising me every night...i guess maybe it's time to stop being surprised? what a fun season this has been so far.
blog: Blaze of Love
http://www.blazeoflove.com
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#269 » by farzi » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:22 am

The people on the Bulls board, their Mods especially are haters and butt sore. Makes it no fun. I wasn't even in there trolling, I even said I thought they were going to pull it out, and they start bitching at me.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#270 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:30 am

farzi wrote:The people on the Bulls board, their Mods especially are haters and butt sore. Makes it no fun. I wasn't even in there trolling, I even said I thought they were going to pull it out, and they start bitching at me.

There's a lot of tension there because their team was expected to challenge for a conference championship this year but have greatly disappointed instead. Right now, they are pretty touchy about people commenting about the Bulls because of this. It's probably best to just avoid their game threads because of that, as you're likely just to do the sports equivalent of kicking a guy's dog the day he learns he has cancer.
kellex
Freshman

Post#271 » by kellex » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:33 am

poor bulls fans.

maybe they should hire Scott Pippen? laff.
blog: Blaze of Love
http://www.blazeoflove.com
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#272 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:39 am

Is it wrong that I laughed at the phrase "butt sore"?

Oh well, anyway, mojo is right, probably best to avoid the Bulls board for awhile unless it's just going over there to tell them good game or something similar.

The Bulls and the Blazers are on totally different ends of the NBA spectrum right now. Bulls were expected to be one of the best in the East, but instead are looking at potentially heading to the lotto. Blazers were expected to be in the Rose/Beasley lotto running and instead are looking at a potential playoff berth.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#273 » by farzi » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:44 am

Yeah I guess. I just took exception to them saying stuff about hoping something bad happens to our players / team, and stuff like they hope Oden never recovers, yet when I try to say, "Hey, this is a helluva game" I get told that I'm not allowed to troll.

Hypocracy is one hell of a drug.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#274 » by bullzman23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:59 am

blazersmaniac8 wrote:when roy outrebounded ben wallace at the end of the 4th or 1st ot (can't remember) I felt like we would win cause we just wanted it more. Meanwhile did anyone else think the officiating was AWFUL in the first half? Also damn joe smith he kept them in the game and I wanted to kill him heh. Last but not least I find it funny the commentator bringing up at least 3 times that deng is out meanwhile we dont have oden so I don't wan't that to be an excuse. Great game from roy and he didnt have to shoot much like ben gordon but still had a MUCH bigger affect on the outcome of the game. WOOHOO! Now lets beat utah on saturday, I'm going :D

That's not really fair. Oden isn't technically apart of your team. He hasn't played a minute on the floor. He wasn't apart of your 13 game win streak. Deng being out would be like if Aldridge was injured after the first quarter. Comparing his loss to the Oden one doesn't make sense. If you're going to bring that up, I may as well complain about Jay Williams not being on the court.

But good game guy. It was a fun game, and def. a tough loss. Outlaw impressed me.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#275 » by Dakotah612 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:02 am

Joe Smith playing out of his mind more than made up for the absence of Deng.
- Bill Simmons
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#276 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:06 am

This was a pretty s**tty game for both teams. Let's be honest, Portland was running on fumes and occasional contributions while Chicago couldn't get much going outside of Joe Smith and Ben Gordon.

Both teams will probably burn this game tape.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#277 » by bullzman23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:10 am

Dakotah612 wrote:Joe Smith playing out of his mind more than made up for the absence of Deng.

I don't agree. Smith always plays well, so while he picked up Deng's production, we had no one to pick up Smith's 10-13 that he usually gets.

Also you saw the game. Without Deng on the floor our offense was really limited. If we couldn't get Gordon the ball we were usually in trouble. It just disrupted the flow of our offense. This should be evident with the Wallace, Noah, Griffin, Gordon, Duhon lineup we were forced to use. That's four guys that can't provide any offense. If you replace Griff for Deng it completely changes everything. Even if he's playing poorly, just having him on the floor is a threat that would cause your defense to react differently.

www.theslickscript.com
pr0nny
Senior

Post#278 » by pr0nny » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:26 am

Meh. Statwise he is right though, Joe's game made up for their combined averages.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#279 » by swede » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:29 am

With Deng it would've prolly been an L. Deng was playing great D oearly, then poof he was out and so was their consistent 2nd option. Roy had noooo energy in the OT's but still made great plays, ya gotta love that
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#280 » by bullzman23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:29 am

pr0nny wrote:Meh. Statwise he is right though, Joe's game made up for their combined averages.

And that's why its never satisfactory to look at just stats. Smith was having a good game. Having Deng there wouldn't have necessarily stopped Smith from getting 30, but instead would have likely helped us get through the several dry spells we encountered.

www.theslickscript.com

Return to Portland Trail Blazers