ImageImage

Kirilenko to miss Saturdays game (Back injury)

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

AZ BLAZER
Starter
And1: 0

Kirilenko to miss Saturdays game (Back injury) 

Post#1 » by AZ BLAZER » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:29 pm

I posted this in the stickied game thread above, but thought it deserves attention here for those that do not go into the game threads. Pretty important discussion topic I think.

Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko won't make the trip with his teammates to play Portland Saturday because of a lower back inflammation. Kirilenko injured his back in the last five minutes of Thursday's practice.
He'll undergo more examinations today. It's unknown how long he'll be out.
Kirilenko averaged 11 points and 6.7 rebounds against the Trail Blazers in the three games the teams have played this season. Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said he won't decide who he'll start in Kirilenko's place until after Saturday's shootaround.
Guard C.J. Miles got his first start of the year when Kirilenko couldn't play against Boston on Dec. 29 because of a strained biceps muscle.
Miles played 23 minutes in that 104-98 loss, shooting 4-of-8 and finishing with 11 points, two rebounds, two steals and an assist. He is averaging 5.7 points and 12.2 minutes this season.
Kirilenko's absence probably means more minutes for newcomer Kyle Korver as well, although Sloan said he isn't sure what rotation he'll use with Kirilenko unavailable to play.
"I don't know where we'll play him or how we'll play him," Sloan said. "We still have to figure out what we're doing with some of the other guys and see what we can accomplish there and see how they play."
Korver is averaging 12.5 points and 14.5 minutes
in his first two games with the Jazz. He scored 11 points against the Blazers in his first game with the Jazz.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_7881600
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#2 » by Village Idiot » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:32 pm

Good news!

for us
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#3 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:38 pm

Hate seeing more minutes for Korver though... He definitely makes them a tougher team to defend.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#4 » by Goldbum » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:44 pm

It would be wrong of me to say that I'm glad he's hurt So get well soon AK. Go Blazers!
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 136

Post#5 » by ebott » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:56 pm

Yeah, I'm not so sure I'm happy about Kirilenko being out. He had a nice game against us, but when Korver came in it killed our zone and really opened things up for Boozer and Millsap and that, imho, is what won the game for them.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
kellex
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#6 » by kellex » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:19 am

Spykes wrote:Hate seeing more minutes for Korver though... He definitely makes them a tougher team to defend.

completely agree...kirilenko has been horrific for the jazz the last couple of years. at least korver brings them a great 3pt threat. korver for sure will help out utah and kirilenko gone? i doubt they miss a beat.
blog: Blaze of Love
http://www.blazeoflove.com

Return to Portland Trail Blazers