ImageImage

Does Darius travel with the team?

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

see4miles
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Does Darius travel with the team? 

Post#1 » by see4miles » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:07 pm

Just wondrin'. Haven't seen any pics of him in a suit on the bench. Igf he has been travelling he doesn't seem to have been disruptive recently...
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#2 » by Billy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:16 pm

I kind of doubt it, mainly because it seems the Blazers have for the most part left guys behind this year that won't have any chance of playing (Miles and Oden thus far in particular). If we are to take McMillan at his word (I do), I'd think that he's going to stick by his comments that Miles has to prove he's better than the 12th man before he will play.

With the lack of opportunity to practice on road trips I would think it would be very difficult for Miles to get the chances he'd need to even be considered for the active roster.

I guess we'll have to see, but if I were to guess it would be no, we won't have him on the bench when they leave on the road trip.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#3 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:36 pm

To be fair, both Oden and Miles were left behind at their own requests so that they could concentrate on their rehabilitation programs without interruption, so I'm not sure that their "being left behind" is any sort of indication of what they'll do with Darius.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Does Darius travel with the team? 

Post#4 » by d-train » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:16 pm

see4miles wrote:Just wondrin'. Haven't seen any pics of him in a suit on the bench. Igf he has been travelling he doesn't seem to have been disruptive recently...

Miles is usually hanging out with Greg Oden. They are best buds. Miles has taken the kid under his wing.

There would only be pics of Miles on the sidelines if he was sleeping or picking his nose so no news is good.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Re: Does Darius travel with the team? 

Post#5 » by Joe Kleazy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:18 pm

d-train wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Miles is usually hanging out with Greg Oden. They are best buds. Miles has taken the kid under his wing.
There would only be pics of Miles on the sidelines if he was sleeping or picking his nose so no news is good.

:o :wavefinger:
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:31 pm

Maybe Greg Oden has taken Darius under his wing? :D
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#7 » by d-train » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:39 pm

mojomarc wrote:Maybe Greg Oden has taken Darius under his wing? :D

Naw, Greg looks up to Darius. He often mentions Darius as someone that is helping him deal with being injured. Darius has experience and he's showing Greg the ropes so to speak.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mojomarc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:52 pm

d-train wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Naw, Greg looks up to Darius. He often mentions Darius as someone that is helping him deal with being injured. Darius has experience and he's showing Greg the ropes so to speak.

Then maybe we really shouldn't be so worried about Darius and the team chemistry. The old Darius never would have gone out of his way to mentor anyone like that before. There were rumors that he had matured, and certainly this would be a sign of increased maturity.

Who knows?
Tiggo Bitties
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Tiggo Bitties » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:13 pm

Personally I think Darius has gotten a bit of a bad rap that isnt justified. Especially the "Last Jailblazer" label. I plan on giving him a clean slate and see what happens.

He's never been in trouble off the court and his only issues are dropping the N word on Cheeks and playing with less then full effort and focus.

We've only seen him play on bad teams. He's never been in a winning atmosphere or in the locker room with mature players including a leader(Roy) that wont hesitate to put Miles in his place if needed.

But now that there's a different attitude in our organization from top to bottom we might find out that Miles isnt as radioactive in the looker room as thought. He's never been a selfish basketball player on the court or shown the desire to want to be a franchise player or team leader. He's not Z-Bo, Marbury or Francis.

Miles has probably been around this years team as much as he was the last two teams combined. For the last 5-6 months he's been around this group and I haven't heard a single negative about him, not even from Canzano.

Soooo... I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude towards Miles for now.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#10 » by BlackMamba » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:32 pm

yeah, if indeed it is true that oden and miles are turning into best friends you have to be optimistic about miles' new attitude and that he can be a good player and maybe a key factor to the team.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 252

Post#11 » by vtime » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm

D Miles is from my area. I run STL Hoops Insider
http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

He was one of the best to ever come out of this area. For those who never saw him in high school, you missed a treat.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers